IGNORED

Loan Strikers

tin

I know I'll get shot down for this due to my scepticism when people have mentioned these two in the past but if today's paper's are to be believed these two are available...

Coventry City want to re-sign striker Gary McSheffrey on loan from Birmingham. (Daily Star)

Ipswich hope to sign out-of-favour Portsmouth striker David Nugent on loan. (Daily Mirror)

Now, these are exactly the sort of players we need to be going in for on loan until the end of the season if we're to push on for the top two.

Nugent's unlikely due to the financial clout behind Ipswich at the moment but we could definately be in for McSheffrey if he's available. We're in a much better position to offer him better terms and something to play for. Of course, this is if the papers are to be believed. :blink:

Discuss.

I wouldn't want nugent anyway he is by far the most over rated striker i have seen, and if i'm honest there is no point in discussing future signings as GJ will not be making any, our squad has got us where we are at the moment so instead of contemplating unrealistic transfers we should put our efforts into getting behind the team,

we are in by far the best position we have been in since i began watching city yet the atmosphere at AG is still so quiet

Finally, dele is going to be a great signing and will score more goals for us than nugent would

I know I'll get shot down for this due to my scepticism when people have mentioned these two in the past but if today's paper's are to be believed these two are available...

Coventry City want to re-sign striker Gary McSheffrey on loan from Birmingham. (Daily Star)

Ipswich hope to sign out-of-favour Portsmouth striker David Nugent on loan. (Daily Mirror)

Now, these are exactly the sort of players we need to be going in for on loan until the end of the season if we're to push on for the top two.

Nugent's unlikely due to the financial clout behind Ipswich at the moment but we could definately be in for McSheffrey if he's available. We're in a much better position to offer him better terms and something to play for. Of course, this is if the papers are to be believed. :blink:

Discuss.

Agree Tin.

Ps, how,s the fingers?

Just off to London now........... :noexpression:

If you honestly believe that then you've got unfair expectations of the big man. He isn't a goalscorer. FACT!

I don't have unrealistic expectations of the fella, i think his style of play suits the GJ way

I never said dele would score hat-trick after hat-trick, i merely think he will be a more effective striker than nugent would, also i think your being very harsh on the bloke, he has scored a respectable amount of goals constintently over his career and his recent form at coventry was nothing short of sublime.

I don't have unrealistic expectations of the fella, i think his style of play suits the GJ way

I never said dele would score hat-trick after hat-trick, i merely think he will be a more effective striker than nugent would, also i think your being very harsh on the bloke, he has scored a respectable amount of goals constintently over his career and his recent form at coventry was nothing short of sublime.

Not being harsh on the bloke at all. I think most knowledgeable City fans know what his strengths and weaknesses are having seen him play against us many times. His career stats prove that he isn't a goalscorer and if you expect him to score ten, or however many, goals between now and May then you will be disappointed.

I agree he suits the style of play GJ likes us to play and I'm sure he'll do a job for us whilst he's here but this thread isn't about Adebola, it's about proven players at this level we could get in to partner him until the end of the season to improve our potency.

I think sublime is taking things too far, he isn't an out and out goalscorer his stats back that up.

If Weds get Ameobi then I would be slightly worried about Sat, he may not have played much lately but he is a very good player. I'd like to think we might be able to get a half decent striker on loan ourselves but realistically its more likely to be a youngster I guess

Archived