IGNORED

Charlton Game - Dilemma

CiderEagle

You don't say how old he is but I'm guessing he is young enough for other people not to take too much notice of if you know what I mean.

So I'd take him in the away end and everytime he makes a mistake and cheers the wrong team, his team, people will just think it's a little kid who either hasn't been to a match before or is getting muddled as City are usually in red & white!

Failing that buy a red & white scarf and gag him with it.

I just couldn't sit in amongst the home supports if we were away, couldn't trust myself!!!

Were going to the game with a friend of ours whos a City fan but lives in London. He goes to some Charlton matches and has shared a season ticket before so your not alone. That night he WILL be supporting city though!!

On a side note, I went to Charlton last season vs Wigan.

I was in the home end..have to admit, the atmos was amazing. There were people chanting 'red army' the ENTIRE game.

Puts the atmos at AG to shame.

The only other time I've been with the away supporters was years ago at Reading and one of our players got sent off for booting the ball into the crowd and it hit an old lady/small boy/little girl/disabled person (delete as necessary) and then it wasn't very nice being a City fan - they went ballistic, understandably really.

I remember that - Gerrard Lavin wasn't it? Nasty little player he was.

I went in a home stand at Swindon when we drew 1-1 (Mark Robins scored for us) because the away end was full, and I hated every minute of it! Never again!!

I remember that - Gerrard Lavin wasn't it? Nasty little player he was.

I went in a home stand at Swindon when we drew 1-1 (Mark Robins scored for us) because the away end was full, and I hated every minute of it! Never again!!

Yes, and it was on the first game of the season. I can remember Tony Clueless on the tv saying that Lavin will never play for this club again....3 games later when there was an injury he was back in the team!

On a side note, I went to Charlton last season vs Wigan.

I was in the home end..have to admit, the atmos was amazing. There were people chanting 'red army' the ENTIRE game.

Puts the atmos at AG to shame.

I've had the misfortune to go to Charlton quite a few times in line with my work - 'Red Army' is, infact, their one and only song. Even 'Goodnight Irene' has more words and a bit of a tune, these guys are repetitive, unimaginative, and boring - as is their manager. I really don't like them, and I hope we stuff them good and proper - atmos or no.

I've watched city quite a lot from the home end. Peterborough at least 5 times. Swansea, Milwall and Yeovil last season. Wba this season. going to be in the home end at Cardiff aswell this season, as my mate a season ticket holder there so easier than having to try and get away tickets and all the coaches aswell.

I went in the home end at Yeovil last season, and it was absolutely fine. I visibly slumped down when they scored, but nobody around me seemed to care much that I was obviously a City fan.

This was Yeovil though.... Other than Cheltenham, I couldnt think of another club who's home end i'd want to ilfiltrate at any time...

I went in the home end at Yeovil last season, and it was absolutely fine. I visibly slumped down when they scored, but nobody around me seemed to care much that I was obviously a City fan.

This was Yeovil though.... Other than Cheltenham, I couldnt think of another club who's home end i'd want to ilfiltrate at any time...

Reminded me of that wonderful story from a few years ago at the Memorial ground. Rovers were playing Wycombe and if they lost they were going to get relegated. There was an above-average attendance amongst the away fans and when Wycombe scored a boatload of their 'fans' took their jumpers off to reveal City shirts!

A colleague of mine at the time was a Wycombe fan and he told me "I knew they weren't Wanderers fans, they were far too excited when we got corners or scored" :laugh: Happy Days...

I agree that I don't think there'll be a problem with other City fans, it basically comes down to whether he'll enjoy it as much ... I can't see me converting him cos he lives half an hour from Charlton's ground, so fair enough.

I like the option of finding someone else to go in the home end with him though ... will let you know what I decide. Part of me would actually quite like to see what a City away game looks like from the "other side" ...

I've had the misfortune to go to Charlton quite a few times in line with my work - 'Red Army' is, infact, their one and only song. Even 'Goodnight Irene' has more words and a bit of a tune, these guys are repetitive, unimaginative, and boring - as is their manager. I really don't like them, and I hope we stuff them good and proper - atmos or no.

They do sing a song to the tune of "Mull Of Kintyre", plus the usual "O South London Is Wonderful" and so on. The main home end tends to be the noisiest, its a bit like a morgue down the sides of the ground at times.

And don't you be dissing Super Al Pardew, he said with his Palace hat on :disapointed2se:

They do sing a song to the tune of "Mull Of Kintyre", plus the usual "O South London Is Wonderful" and so on. The main home end tends to be the noisiest, its a bit like a morgue down the sides of the ground at times.

And don't you be dissing Super Al Pardew, he said with his Palace hat on :disapointed2se:

Obviously I was sat in the morgue.....from where only the refrains of the supremely imaginative 'red army' chant could be heard. Apologies for not referencing their other ditties.

I also would respectfully remind you that Gentlemen and Ladies are requested to remove their hats when in this forum sir...unless they be City ones! :city:

1. Go without him and go in the City end

OR

2. Join him in the Charlton end, clap their goals politely and try and keep schtum if City score.

1. Do that.

2. Will Charlton even score?

Ta for all the suggestions. I've decided that City need me tomorrow, so I shall be attending alone in the correct end! going to be a difficult game but I think we can win it and put twelve points between ourselves and Charlton, which I think would effectively bring the number of teams that can realistically overtake us to three.

COME ON YOU REDS !!!!!!

Archived