IGNORED

Out Of Contract Players

bh_red

Well as we all know alot of players now are out of contract at the end of the season? Some will stay and sign new contracts, some will be offered deals here but will take offers elsewhere, others will go with a pat on the back and a thank you, others will just leave?

Just wondering looking who people would keep and who people would say goodbye too? considering we don't know what league we are in, I suppose we could look at it from the perspective of who would you want to keep if we stay in this league?

I've probably missed someone or added someone to the list who isn't out of contract so feel free to correct me accordingly have purposely only mentioned senior players......

Basso - New Deal - Hopefully will sign

Weale - New Deal

Henderson - Release

Keogh - Release

Orr - New Deal

Fontaine - New Deal - Hopefully will sign

McAllister - Jury Out

L Johnson - New Deal - Hopefully will sign

Noble - Release - AND Thanks

Murray - Release - and thanks for the memories over the years

Russell - Release - And Thanks

Enoch - Release - And Thanks

Byfield - Jury Out

Vasko - Jury Out

views?

Well as we all know alot of players now are out of contract at the end of the season? Some will stay and sign new contracts, some will be offered deals here but will take offers elsewhere, others will go with a pat on the back and a thank you, others will just leave?

Just wondering looking who people would keep and who people would say goodbye too? considering we don't know what league we are in, I suppose we could look at it from the perspective of who would you want to keep if we stay in this league?

I've probably missed someone or added someone to the list who isn't out of contract so feel free to correct me accordingly have purposely only mentioned senior players......

Basso - Stay - Hopefully

Weale - Stay

Henderson - Release

Keogh - Release

Orr - Stay

Fontaine - Stay - Hopefully

McAllister - Jury Out

L Johnson - Stay - Hopefully

Noble - Release - AND THANK YOU

Murray - Release - and thanks for the memories

Russell - Release - AND THANK YOU

Enoch - Release - AND THANKS

Byfield - Jury Out

Vasko - Jury Out

views?

Basso - Stay - Hopefully- AGREE

Weale - Stay- HMM NOT SURE?

Henderson - Release - ONE FOR FUTURE?

Keogh - Release- AGREE

Orr - Stay- AGREE

Fontaine - Stay - Hopefully- AGREE

McAllister - Jury Out- STAY

L Johnson - Stay - Hopefully- UNDECIDED

Noble - Release - AND THANK YOU- DISAGREE

Murray - Release - and thanks for the memories- AGREE

Russell - Release - AND THANK YOU- AGREE

Enoch - Release - AND THANKS- AGREE

Byfield - Jury Out- STAY

Vasko - Jury Out- STAY

Weale - New Deal

Henderson - Release

Keogh - Release

Orr - New Deal

McAllister - Jury Out

Byfield - Jury Out

Vasko - Jury Out

views?

Not seen anything really of Henderson so for me to say release him would be unfair. He could be one for the future.

Weale yes new deal as he is a good back up but if I was him I would be frustrated with the lack of first team football. Basso will stay.

Bye, Keogh, Noble, Russell and Enoch.

New deals for Orr, Fontaine, McAllister, LJ. Unsure about Byfield. I have seen enough from VAsko to believe that he has fantastic potential so his loan deal should be made permanent and I think Gj has already said he intends to make it perm.

Murray, His playing days here seem to be up however I think he brings alot to the team and younger players off the field so if at all possible I would like to see him offered a backroom staff role, But then he may decide he wants to go and play at Cheltenham for a couple of seasons.

Basso - New Deal - Hopefully will sign Agree

Weale - New Deal Agree

Henderson - Release Diasgree - three keepers at a club is not too many, and we have yet to see what he has to offer.

Keogh - Release Agree

Orr - New Deal Agree

Fontaine - New Deal - Hopefully will sign Agree

McAllister - Jury Out I don't see why you would give Bradley a new deal and not Jamie. I hope he stays.

L Johnson - New Deal - Hopefully will sign Agree

Noble - Release - AND Thanks Disagree

Murray - Release - Agree - what a hero he has been.

Russell - Release - And Thanks Agree

Enoch - Release - And Thanks Agree

Byfield - Jury Out Stay, our top scorer!!! I hope people on here don't start viewing him in the same way they did Jevons

Vasko - Jury Out Stay - international quality, just needs more experience in the Championship style of play.

MR

Basso - Offer new deal although Prem clubs will probably be sniffing

Weale - Release (if Basso go's)

Henderson - Keep

Keogh - Release

Orr - New Deal

Fontaine - New Deal

McAllister - New Deal

L Johnson - New Deal (May decide to leave anyway)

Noble - Release (If only he could run!!)

Murray - Release - and thanks for the memories over the years (AMEN)

Russell - Release

Showunmi - Release

Byfield - Keep

Vasko - Don't Buy

Bit of a make or break summer this one as the squad size could reduce dramatically.

Basso - New deal

Weale - New deal

Henderson - New deal - young and did ok v qpr, could be one for the future

Keogh - Release

Orr - New deal

Fontaine - New deal

McAllister - New deal

L Johnson - New deal - however i think he will chose to leave, wouldn't blame him if he did

Noble - 1 year deal to prove fitness (last chance)

Murray - Release - sorry, to old now, hope he can stay in some capacity...

Russell - Release

Enoch - Release

Byfield - New deal

Vasko - New deal, only young, cheap fee already agreed, has potential

It all depends on what level we're playing at and all these players have done superbly in getting us where we are. However, the time will come to kick on and if the best happens in May and we reach the promised land then these would be the one's worth a new deal...

Basso - Renew one-year

Weale - Renew one-year

Henderson - Release

Keogh - Release

Orr - Release

Fontaine - Renew (long term)

McAllister - One-year

L Johnson - Release (Renew for one-year if in Championship)

Noble - One-year

Murray - Coaching role within the club

Russell - Release

Enoch - Release

Byfield - Release (Renew for one-year if in Championship)

Vasko - Terminate loan

Guest MaloneFM
Mmm, not sure i like the idea of Super Super Scotty leaving AG tbh. I'm sure GJ SL CS could each create a role for him, providing he wants to stay on at AG of course, maybe in an Ambassador role?

Ambassador? Is this the UN suddenly?

He should work with the youth team. Not turn up on matchday and shake hands with all the g&t corporates. He was always a very good trainer and should keep them out of the nightclubs.

AND...he should have a testimonial and one of those 'Evenings with...' that they had for Tins. The first one was better where he recreated his goals using a portable goal and a frightened member of the public.

personally.........

Basso - Offer New 2 year Deal - Hopefully will sign, though could be subject to big money offers from other clubs

Weale - At least 1 Year New Deal, if basso leaves longer

Henderson - Looked very dodgy in pre-season - possibly another year, depending if Basso&Weale Stay

Keogh - Release - No long term future with the club

Orr - New Deal - think he's done enough for 2 years

Fontaine - New Deal - Hopefully will sign - another who could be subject to interest from others.

McAllister - Unsure - At times looked great, other games early season looked out of his depth, still alot to prove, but at his age, 1 year deal at least

L Johnson - New Deal - Hopefully will sign, but another who has had interest from other clubs, might decide he's had enough of working with GJ and getting unfair stick

Noble - Likely to get offered a deal, fitness is issue, wouldn't be surpised to see him get offers from other club, if he signs, good cover, if he doesn't ta and bye bye

Murray - No New playing contract, however offer a coaching role, wouldn't be surpised if he wanted a couple more seasons playing at lower level Cheltenham?

Russell - Pretty Much gone anyway, spending remaining time at Cheltenham - Thanks Muchly

Byfield - Good Impact player, better as a sub, probably worth another year depending on what division we are in.

Vasko - If he continues the improvements he's made this season, worth signing Perm

personally.........

Basso - Offer New 2 year Deal - Hopefully will sign, though could be subject to big money offers from other clubs

Weale - At least 1 Year New Deal, if basso leaves longer

Henderson - Looked very dodgy in pre-season - possibly another year, depending if Basso&Weale Stay

Keogh - Release - No long term future with the club

Orr - New Deal - think he's done enough for 2 years

Fontaine - New Deal - Hopefully will sign - another who could be subject to interest from others.

McAllister - Unsure - At times looked great, other games early season looked out of his depth, still alot to prove, but at his age, 1 year deal at least

L Johnson - New Deal - Hopefully will sign, but another who has had interest from other clubs, might decide he's had enough of working with GJ and getting unfair stick

Noble - Likely to get offered a deal, fitness is issue, wouldn't be surpised to see him get offers from other club, if he signs, good cover, if he doesn't ta and bye bye

Murray - No New playing contract, however offer a coaching role, wouldn't be surpised if he wanted a couple more seasons playing at lower level Cheltenham?

Russell - Pretty Much gone anyway, spending remaining time at Cheltenham - Thanks Muchly

Byfield - Good Impact player, better as a sub, probably worth another year depending on what division we are in.

Vasko - If he continues the improvements he's made this season, worth signing Perm

ORR - yes if he improves his passing abilty

McALLISTER - a DEFINITE YES - quality player

MURRAY - one year deal plus academy coaching if thats what he wants

Basso - Definitely a new deal.

Weale - Not sure

Henderson - Not sure

Keogh - Release

Orr - New Deal - I still think we could get a better right back but a good squad player to have.

Fontaine - New Deal, most improved player this year.

McAllister - New Deal, one of best signings under Johnson and one of best technical footballers here.

L Johnson - New Deal. The jury is out from some but proves his quality on various occasions.

Noble - Release -

Byfield - New Deal, good worker and good squad player.

Vasko - Sign Him Up. Has steadily improved and see him as future partner with Fontaine.

Basso - Stay

Weale - Stay

Henderson - Release

Keogh - Release

Orr - Stay

Fontaine - Stay

McAllister - Stay

L Johnson - Stay

Noble - Release

Murray - Stay

Russell - Release

Enoch - Release

Byfield - Stay

Vasko - Stay

Basso - Definitely a new deal.

Weale - Not sure

Henderson - Not sure

Keogh - Release

Orr - New Deal - I still think we could get a better right back but a good squad player to have.

Fontaine - New Deal, most improved player this year.

McAllister - New Deal, one of best signings under Johnson and one of best technical footballers here.

L Johnson - New Deal. The jury is out from some but proves his quality on various occasions.

Noble - Release -

Byfield - New Deal, good worker and good squad player.

Vasko - Sign Him Up. Has steadily improved and see him as future partner with Fontaine.

Pretty much agree with that.

Give Scott a coaching roll if he wants it.

Are we handing out coaching roles on the basis of service or on coaching ability?

Don't get me wrong, i think Scotty is fantastic and should be given another year, but how do we know he's got what it takes to be a decent coach? I'm sure if he has, GJ will find him a role.

Basso - Stay

Weale - Release

Henderson - Younger and more importantly fitter than Weale.

Keogh - Release - Sorry RK, you had your chance, id imagine it was your agent that blew it out of the water though.

Orr - Stay

Fontaine - Stay

McAllister - Stay

L Johnson - Stay

Noble - Prove Fitness (ie 80-90mins a game rather than 60) or Bye Byes (but Thanks)

Murray - Stay - One Year. Still effective. Will get goals.

Russell - Release.

Enoch - Release, unless there is a drastic change in physical and aerial ability.

Byfield - Stay, another year deal.

Vasko - Stay. Very Promising.

Are we handing out coaching roles on the basis of service or on coaching ability?

Don't get me wrong, i think Scotty is fantastic and should be given another year, but how do we know he's got what it takes to be a decent coach? I'm sure if he has, GJ will find him a role.

I'm sure we have room for an apprentice. It's well known that hes a great influence on younger players, and gets on well with staff etc.

I would be surprised to see him leave completely.

Agreed.

But what role he will be given, i wouldnt like to speculate.

Plenty of senior players have a life time of experience, but very few have the ability to transfer the knowledge to other players.

Communication of data is a very different field to kicking a ball or being Mr Popular. There are plenty of ex players with the very best coaching certificates who cannot pass on the knowledge in a successful manner.

Does Murray have the qualifications and can he successfully relate the required information to up and coming players. That remains to be seen.

Basso - Stay

Weale - Stay

Henderson - Stay

Keogh - Stay

Orr - Undecided.

Fontaine - Stay (if club offers big money, then who knows)

McAllister - Stay (if club offers big money, then who knows)

L Johnson - Stay (if club offers big money, then who knows)

Noble - Stay

Murray - Stay (1 year then coach)

Russell - Release

Enoch - Stay (1 year)

Byfield - Stay (1 year)

Vasko - Sign (2 year contract)

Basso - Stay

Weale - Stay

Henderson - Release

Keogh - Release

Orr - Stay

Fontaine - Stay

McAllister - Stay

L Johnson - Stay

Noble - Release

Murray - Stay

Russell - Release

Enoch - Release

Byfield - Stay

Vasko - Stay

Basso, Henderson, Keogh, Orr, Fontaine,McAllister, Noble Vasko can stay.

Weale, Johnson, Murray, Russell, Enoch, Byfield can go due to either age or likely ability at a higher level.

Basso - New Deal - Hopefully will sign we really need him to sign

Weale - New Deal

Henderson - Release

Keogh - Release

Orr - New Deal

McAllister - Jury Out Are you having a laugh? You don't know what you got till its gone and mccalistar been at elft back all season and we are 3rd. Why should Orr get one and not Jamie?

Byfield - Jury Out

Vasko - Jury Out

views?

Fair enough of the rest of them. A bit concerned aobut losing Basso for free seeming as hes one of our best and most valuable players

McAllister - Jury Out Are you having a laugh? You don't know what you got till its gone and mccalistar been at elft back all season and we are 3rd. Why should Orr get one and not Jamie?

Fair enough of the rest of them. A bit concerned aobut losing Basso for free seeming as hes one of our best and most valuable players

the thing with Jamie Mac, is quite honestly I still haven't made my mind up about him this season, his form's been very patchy, he's had some very good games this season but has also had some total stinkers where he's been ripped all over the place, fair enough others poor performances in certain games haven't helped him but just feel at times that this is maybe a step to far.

Suppose you can't be on top form everyweek but I'm not totally convinced by him this season, that said I'm not writing him off at all in the slightest which is why I feel the Jury is still out on him at the moment,

suppose the thing is possibly that we have had some EXCELLENT left backs over the years, Scott, Barnard, Bell, of any of them in their primes McAllister would be 4th choice, so I possibly being unfairly harsh on him.

Reason I'd give Orr a new deal is because he's still young and improving, he looks a totally different player than the completely out of his depth central midfielder that Tinnion signed. He'd get a contract without doubt from me plus considering him as a person, I think he'd sign it in a flash.

Weale - New Deal

Henderson - Release

Keogh - Release

Orr - New Deal

McAllister - Jury Out

Byfield - Jury Out

Vasko - Jury Out

views?

Byfield gets a deal for sure. Jamie Mc gets a deal.

Weale and LJ tell us to piss off.

Seems Vasko comes off before McCoombe oddly. If he doesn't improve in GJ's eyes (not mine) i doubt we'll sign him as he'd only be cover and not improving us.

Otherwise agree, Basso will sign, people seem to over rate his ability and status IMO. I don't think there's anyone better tha us who would want him.

Cant believe some poster would gve scotty murray

a new contract!!

Yes hes been very good for us

But

Over that time he has been very well paid

buy the club and looked after

The club is moving on so its time to say goodbye

and thank you to SM

OR

As he is such a legend lets mack him the next manager

just as we did for tinman!!!!!!

Archived