IGNORED

Academy

Steady Eddy

Aswell as the older players there is the younger generation to think about in whom will get professional contracts.

We havent really heard to much about some of these soo any ideas on situations involving second year scholars?

There are

Megyeri Balasz

Ryan Child-

Tom Hamilton-

Andy Rose- who i hear is off to play in USA after

Ashley Towler-

Mark Magee-

Or maybe if any of the first years have been offered pros or close to?

Also youngsters on a pro who may run out at end of season.

Chris Ribeiro- Already got a pro

Tristan Plummer- Already got a pro

Jordan Walker- Think his pro runs out end of season, although injured

Frankie Artus- Again think his may run out end of this season

Martin Slocombe- Youngster with a pro

James Wilson- Youngster with a pro

All of these are professionals under 20 and haven't been remotely close to first team except Artus and Ribeiro.

Some of these havent heard of, so wonder what their futures are like and anyone know much about them?

Aswell as the older players there is the younger generation to think about in whom will get professional contracts.

We havent really heard to much about some of these soo any ideas on situations involving second year scholars?

There are

Megyeri Balasz

Ryan Child-

Tom Hamilton-

Andy Rose- who i hear is off to play in USA after

Ashley Towler-

Mark Magee-

Or maybe if any of the first years have been offered pros or close to?

Also youngsters on a pro who may run out at end of season.

Chris Ribeiro- Already got a pro

Tristan Plummer- Already got a pro

Jordan Walker- Think his pro runs out end of season, although injured

Frankie Artus- Again think his may run out end of this season

Martin Slocombe- Youngster with a pro

James Wilson- Youngster with a pro

All of these are professionals under 20 and haven't been remotely close to first team except Artus and Ribeiro.

Some of these havent heard of, so wonder what their futures are like and anyone know much about them?

Who care we are third in the CCC

not sure on some of the names, however have heard good things about the 3 below,

Tom Hamilton, Ashley Towler, Mark Magee-

as for the more senior younger players, Ribeiro and Plummer both have longer contracts, think James Wilson still has another season at least another with a VERY bright future.

know very little of Walker and Slocombe apart from both full backs?

Artus is the interesting one, a player who has excellent ability and probably a very good future in the game, if it wasn't for our excellent long term form over the last 18months I'm sure he would have got a games, did well early season at Exeter but got injured and then couldn't get his place back due to Exeter's form, so GJ brought him back. Not sure how long he has left on his deal though?

not sure on some of the names, however have heard good things about the 3 below,

Tom Hamilton, Ashley Towler, Mark Magee-

as for the more senior younger players, Ribeiro and Plummer both have longer contracts, think James Wilson still has another season at least another with a VERY bright future.

know very little of Walker and Slocombe apart from both full backs?

Artus is the interesting one, a player who has excellent ability and probably a very good future in the game, if it wasn't for our excellent long term form over the last 18months I'm sure he would have got a games, did well early season at Exeter but got injured and then couldn't get his place back due to Exeter's form, so GJ brought him back. Not sure how long he has left on his deal though?

How do you know some of these boys have a VERY bright future only Riberio and Artus ever get a mention on the main site

Just prior to Christmas, GJ said that Ribiero was close to selection, he's had one selection on the bench, but no play.

Just prior to Christmas 2006, GJ said Artus was very very close to selection, more than a year later and now in his 20th year Artus is no closer to selection. Perhaps at the higher level, GJ no longer thinks he's good enough. Artus continues to shine and look a class above in reserve matches.

At 18-21 its hard for young players with real ability to be patient and we know how hungry agents can turn their heads in other directions. Artus in particular must feel the City door has been slammed in his face. He was next pick after Noble, Skuse and Russell and told he was close to selection. Meanwhile, GJ has brought in LJ, Elliot and Carle and Artus has gone down the pecking order.

Ribiero has been breathing down Orrs neck for a while and that may be his best hope this season.

I cant see any of the rest getting close. GJ has shown he is favouring seasoned pros, rather than giving youth a chance. Being 3rd its unlikely he will change his thinking, unless we go on a bad losing streak.

Artus is a good young player, he has run the show in the reserves this season, i have watched them 3 times and he has looked good, i hope he gets a chance even as a sub might boost the guys confidence in becoming a first teamer.

As for tristan, i thought he would have had a shot by now.. the same as Elliot B scored for fun in reserves, never got a chance at first team level and moved to torquay.

Artus is a good young player, he has run the show in the reserves this season, i have watched them 3 times and he has looked good, i hope he gets a chance even as a sub might boost the guys confidence in becoming a first teamer.

As for tristan, i thought he would have had a shot by now.. the same as Elliot B scored for fun in reserves, never got a chance at first team level and moved to torquay.

Proving the point that scoring for fun or playing well in the reserves does not make you a League 1 or Championship standard player. I would imagine these lads are carefully monitored in terms of how they do against FIRST TEAM players in training sessions. If they are not deemed good enough then we just have to be patient and wait until someone comes along who is.

Plummer has not been affecting games or scoring enough goals in his reserve appearances. Artus had an extended loan period at Exeter [?], could not score there as he does in reserves, was injured for a while and came back.

Benyon did indeed go to Torquay and has had trouble cementing a first team starting position. He mainly comes on from the bench.

Myrie Williams and Plummer, need more strength and development. As for Artus who was touted by many to be the greatest player seen at the Gate for a long time, he has hit a brick wall.

GJ has signed LJ, Elliot and Carle, add Skuse, Noble and perhaps Russell and you can see how far Artus is behind in the pecking order. His first pro contract may be up at the end of the season. It will be interesting to see if GJ releases him as he has with other youngsters who showed promise.

Personally, I prefer our home grown youngsters making the grade and getting selected. Something there is not enough of in the modern game, where players from other countries fill the squads.

Archived