IGNORED

Brazil Goalkeeper

bemmieredrobin

This has been done to death I'm afraid, although I can appreciate you are new to the forum so you probably dont know. There are plenty of decent Brazilian goalkeepers but as very few travel over to play for English football teams we do not know about them.

Basso is a solid Championship 'keeper. An international footballer he is not.

Do you ever think that adriano basso will ever be called up into the brazilian squad ?? Whilst I appreciate that he only plays for a championship team surely there can't be that many brazilians keepers who are better than him ( with the exception of dida that is ) :englandsmile4wf:

Dida and probably every top class keeper in the Brazilian league

If we ever make the Prem (or if Basso does) I'm sure he'd be in the running, although not a front runner by a country mile. Tim Vickery (BBC S. America footiue bloke) told me in an email a while back that he didn't play for a high enough profile Brazilian team eariler in his career to have a profile there, although the Prem gets pretty good coverage, so any Brazilian there would get a look.

BTW His best mate has just moved to Spurs. Wonder if he'd consider moving to a London-based club now?

last week Gary Johnson revealed that Basso was to join arsenal when he came to England, but had work permit problems, so went to play for woking, because apparently you can play without a permit for a side who is not proffesional. Once his work permit was sorted, Johnson offered his first team football and told him it would be better that playing for Arsenal reserves....

So if Arsenal saw something in him........

last week Gary Johnson revealed that Basso was to join arsenal when he came to England, but had work permit problems, so went to play for woking, because apparently you can play without a permit for a side who is not proffesional. Once his work permit was sorted, Johnson offered his first team football and told him it would be better that playing for Arsenal reserves....

So if Arsenal saw something in him........

Because David Seamen aside, Arsenal have a recent history of decent goalkeepers? Alex Manninger, Richard Wright, Stuart Taylor, Rami Shaaban, Graham Stack and that joker Almunia........Lehmann wasnt great but there have been worse.

Because David Seamen aside, Arsenal have a recent history of decent goalkeepers? Alex Manninger, Richard Wright, Stuart Taylor, Rami Shaaban, Graham Stack and that joker Almunia........Lehmann wasnt great but there have been worse.

They are still one of, if not THE best side in England at the moment. I think he has potential to be at least premiership, despite his recent dip in form - maybe the Brazil squad is probabaly out of his reach.

Archived