IGNORED

The Big If

Bristol Boy

OK.

You're GJ.

City are promoted to the Prem.

Which of our current squad do you keep?

For the purposes of this debate, exclude players who have yet to make their first team debut.

I'd keep the following:

BASSO

CAREY

MCINDOE

ELLIOT

SPROULE

FONTAINE

CARLE

These are the players in the 1st time i think would be able to cut it in the Prem.

The areas i would strengthen in is RB,LB,CB,STRIKERx3, LM,

I don't think orr,mcallister,wilson,vasko (yet anyway) Mccombe, LJ and Noble would be good enough for the prem.

I am undecided on weather i would keep weale and henderson as both haven't played many games.

Basso - Easily the best keeper we have had since Mercer

Fontaine - Premiership background and has improved this season to

Vasko - International Centre Back so cannot be discounted

Orr - Has every opportunity to keep on improving and the Prem may do it for him

Carey - Mr Dependable for BCFC

McCallister - Played in Scotland at the highest level and this will just keep improving him

Elliott - Enough said

Johnson - Elliott's dependable partner in crime and he will excel at the highest level

Trundle - More space more chance = Every confidence in him to deliver at the Prem level

Sproule - Quick and when teams attack us a good counter attack option

McIndoe - Very astute signing by GJ and he could move up the ladder no problem

Adebola - Been there done it and very experienced campaigner

Apart from that lot I think you could say everyone else maybe surplus to requirements.

McCallister - Played in Scotland at the highest level and this will just keep improving him

Elliott - Enough said

Johnson - Elliott's dependable partner in crime and he will excel at the highest level

Trundle - More space more chance = Every confidence in him to deliver at the Prem level

I would take out LJ myself and keep the rest adding in a trimmed down Noble who has the class and skill to survive at that level.

We should not make the mistake we did under Ward when we got promoted last time, by stripping out most of a winning team. We should keep the core, add more pace and class in selective places and review at Xmas (as Reading did)

Elliott - Enough said

Apart from that lot I think you could say everyone else maybe surplus to requirements.

Interesting that you are the only one so far to say Trundle.. I would keep him, as you said, more space to show of his skills, and i still think he may find the goals this season to get us there if he gets a run alongside Dele..

Basso

Fontaine

Elliott

McIndoe

Those players, for me, are the only "real" quality players we have that could cut it in the premiership.

Obviously if we did go up, I would keep the likes of Carey, Carle and Trundle - as we couldnt replace the whole team! To add a bit of weight to this, Carey is a great player - Mr Dependable, but I think the Premiership could be step too far. Our strikeforce is unable to score in this division, sproule is a headless chicken and the jury is out on Carle...

Nevertheless, all of them have done fantastically well this season.

Basso and Weale both have the ability to keep at a higher level

fontaine, carey and mcallister are all dependable and would not be out of there depth

mcindoe, sproule, elliot, skuse and carle all have the required ability to play a part

dele, byfield and maybe trundle all could do a job.

however these players could not survive if they remained the key players, so intense strengthening would be vital.

Archived