IGNORED

Socceroos Win 3-0 V Qatar

Philip Belgrave

While it was very disappointing that we were unable to see Nick Carle in action last night, it would appear that City's need is greater than that of the national team at present.

One interesting feature was the excellent display by Luke Wilkshire- he's certainly a worker, and his well- taken corner enabled Tim Cahill to score Australia's second goal

While it was very disappointing that we were unable to see Nick Carle in action last night, it would appear that City's need is greater than that of the national team at present.

One interesting feature was the excellent display by Luke Wilkshire- he's certainly a worker, and his well- taken corner enabled Tim Cahill to score Australia's second goal

Carle not being there had nothing to do with Country v Club argument, Pim told him not to come.

Also, Emerton for man of the month.

Carle not being there had nothing to do with Country v Club argument, Pim told him not to come.

Also, Emerton for man of the month.

I never said it was. Kewell and some others are in a similar situation. Pim made it very clear that the potential availability of such players was greatly appreciated by all.

Carle sets his sights on China

A disappointed Nicky Carle has vowed to get better - not bitter - after suffering the indignity of being culled from Pim Verbeek's plans for the Socceroos' World Cup qualifying slaying of Qatar in Melbourne.

Jolted by the omission, Carle is planning to step up his master-plan to bridge the gulf that exists between himself, and his midfield role models Tim Cahill and Mark Bresciano.

With both ahead of him in the pecking order, Carle is hoping that come May his new club Bristol City will have ascended to the Premier League - providing him with a stage on which to begin to challenge both Everton's Cahill and Parma's Bresciano.

Carle insists that contrary to rumours, he was ready and willing to make the journey to Melbourne and that the second World Cup qualifying group clash with China in Kunming on March 26 is his next target.

''When I look a what Tim Cahill and Mark Bresciano have achieved playing in the position which I also fill, I see that as an incentive for me to try and push on and reach the level that they're at," the 25-year-old admitted.

''I've got to now get over the disappointment of missing out and work three times as hard on my game."

''I look at Timmy and Bresh and that's the platform I need to aim for. They are both such great players - to me they're the benchmark."

''I think if we get to the Premier League (Bristol are currently third, just a point out of an outside promotion place), then of course it gives me a chance to show what I can do at a better level."

''But I can take nothing for granted. Of course it's upsetting to hear you're not wanted for a game. That's only natural. Yes, I was gutted, but you don't then go and say 'well stuff it'."

''The really important thing is we won and again to look at both Tim and Bresh and both scored.''

Asked if he was surprised to join Harry Kewell and Michael Beauchamp on the not-required list, Carle replied: ''Yes and no."

"I thought I did really well against Nigeria in November but I take the positives out of a negative and it will make me stronger and better.''

Carle has started Bristol's last three games following his transfer window move from Turkish strugglers Genclerberligi and will attempt to make up for a horror 3-0 loss to Queens Park Rangers last weekend when relegation strugglers Sheffield Wednesday visit Ashton Gate on Sunday morning (AEST).

''The one good thing about missing out against Qatar is that I've had a good preparation for the game,'' Carle, an artful dodger of the midfield whose ability to make the unorthodox look easy has long endeared him to those who like they football with a frisson of flair, added.

''We were awful against QPR, me included, so we have a bit to prove this weekend."

"It's important I keep getting better with my club each week because if you're doing it for your club how can you expect your country to pick you."

''Nothing means more to me than playing for Australia and I aim to be back, sooner rather than later.''

http://www.theworldgame.com.au/home/index....&cid=105849

Carle sets his sights on China

A disappointed Nicky Carle has vowed to get better - not bitter - after suffering the indignity of being culled from Pim Verbeek's plans for the Socceroos' World Cup qualifying slaying of Qatar in Melbourne.

Jolted by the omission, Carle is planning to step up his master-plan to bridge the gulf that exists between himself, and his midfield role models Tim Cahill and Mark Bresciano.

With both ahead of him in the pecking order, Carle is hoping that come May his new club Bristol City will have ascended to the Premier League - providing him with a stage on which to begin to challenge both Everton's Cahill and Parma's Bresciano.

Carle insists that contrary to rumours, he was ready and willing to make the journey to Melbourne and that the second World Cup qualifying group clash with China in Kunming on March 26 is his next target.

''When I look a what Tim Cahill and Mark Bresciano have achieved playing in the position which I also fill, I see that as an incentive for me to try and push on and reach the level that they're at," the 25-year-old admitted.

''I've got to now get over the disappointment of missing out and work three times as hard on my game."

''I look at Timmy and Bresh and that's the platform I need to aim for. They are both such great players - to me they're the benchmark."

''I think if we get to the Premier League (Bristol are currently third, just a point out of an outside promotion place), then of course it gives me a chance to show what I can do at a better level."

''But I can take nothing for granted. Of course it's upsetting to hear you're not wanted for a game. That's only natural. Yes, I was gutted, but you don't then go and say 'well stuff it'."

''The really important thing is we won and again to look at both Tim and Bresh and both scored.''

Asked if he was surprised to join Harry Kewell and Michael Beauchamp on the not-required list, Carle replied: ''Yes and no."

"I thought I did really well against Nigeria in November but I take the positives out of a negative and it will make me stronger and better.''

Carle has started Bristol's last three games following his transfer window move from Turkish strugglers Genclerberligi and will attempt to make up for a horror 3-0 loss to Queens Park Rangers last weekend when relegation strugglers Sheffield Wednesday visit Ashton Gate on Sunday morning (AEST).

''The one good thing about missing out against Qatar is that I've had a good preparation for the game,'' Carle, an artful dodger of the midfield whose ability to make the unorthodox look easy has long endeared him to those who like they football with a frisson of flair, added.

''We were awful against QPR, me included, so we have a bit to prove this weekend."

"It's important I keep getting better with my club each week because if you're doing it for your club how can you expect your country to pick you."

''Nothing means more to me than playing for Australia and I aim to be back, sooner rather than later.''

http://www.theworldgame.com.au/home/index....&cid=105849

A good quote.

From my point of view,the ideal solution would be to have a Bristol City regular also being a regular in the Australian side ,thus covering both my allegiances .I had hopes that Luke Wilkshire would be such a player but, regrettably,it was not to be.

Still, I'm sure that Nick Carle will be the man. As I think that his future regular selection for the National Team ( I hate the term,"Socceroos"!) is a given, the one problem I foresee is Nick being lured away from Ashton Gate at some point in the future.

i doubt Cahill will be available because the boss of Everton is a complete arsehole.

Did a great job for City when he played here - Psycho Moyes was an excellent player for us and I don't appreciate him being called an arsehole on a City forum. Dogged and determined, single minded - yes all those adjectives you could have used and not got anyone pissed off with you but no you come straight out with complete arsehole - just retract it and use other adjectives and we'll move on.

tyvm

Did a great job for City when he played here - Psycho Moyes was an excellent player for us and I don't appreciate him being called an arsehole on a City forum. Dogged and determined, single minded - yes all those adjectives you could have used and not got anyone pissed off with you but no you come straight out with complete arsehole - just retract it and use other adjectives and we'll move on.

tyvm

Geoff, Glenn Humphries was Psycho.

Moysey had reasonable self control for a fiery ginger haired Scotsman.

And....... definitely NOT an 'arsehole.' :noexpression:

Not surprised Carle was disappointed with Verbeek's decision considering he had just come off a MOM performance against Nigeria in our last game and we had the likes of Holman and Valeri called up, and even Wilkshire playing ahead of him.

Hopefully will spur him to greater heights in the China game.

Archived