IGNORED

Lee Johnson.......

Barman

........ Had a really good game today. That doesn't get said enough on this forum. Never ceases to amaze me how people notice every single bad thing he does without recognising the good things. Well played Lee :clap:

Had to say i had him down for MOM played very well and he seemed hungry for every ball. maybe that sub last week served as a kick up the ass for him because i have had a moan about his playing standards in the past !!! so well done again LJ hope others take note, well done boys very good come back from last weeks shambles

........ Had a really good game today. That doesn't get said enough on this forum. Never ceases to amaze me how people notice every single bad thing he does without recognising the good things. Well played Lee :clap:

Yeah, brilliant today. Becoming more consistent recently.

LJ recently has definately improved. Great game today, the perfect way to get back at some of his critics. there is a definate air of david noble about the way he tries to keep possesion, and rarely shoots, him and marve are a sensational partership they've certainly been playing for one another and LJ's improvement is giving something back to ME and has brought about a great balance.

LEe Johnson needs a song

Its said on here all the time by the LJ loving lot!!

Have to say he had a good game today

but then he does when its a 4-4-1-1

The problem is when we go to a 4-4-2

he s to light weight

But as i said at the stary well done lee for today

No

McIndoes pass for the goal was

because thats what football is about

END PRODUCT

Hmmm, not sure about that. Johnson can't help it if the striker doesn't score from the pass. Would a 5 yard pass along the 6 yard box be better than a cross-field 80 yard pass that splits the defence if it leads to a goal?

Credit where credit is due.

As a past critic of Johnson Junior, I have to say he had a good game today. In fact, everybody was up for it and apart from our finishing (again!) everybody deserves praise.

However, I think the two wingers were by far the best players on the pitch and caused the most problems - and wasn't it a joy to see a big, burly Centre Forward in our colours throwing his weight around and holding the ball up for us. Great goal, too!

It really was an excellent game from LJ, possibly the best I've seen him play. We all know he's not always going to be a ballwinner when he goes in for tackles - that's not his strength - but it was great to see him going in for so many tackles yesterday, to go alongside the other parts of his game.

Well done Lee.

Well done lee, great game today. thought that his passing was quality today and was winning the ball back in midfield and at the back.

but still people seem to remember one bad pass over three or four top quality passes and the same amount of great tackles. sliding tackle in the box bloking a goal bound shot.

top game today uuuu reds!!!

Question is will he keep it up

Think he's already showed he can. Apparently one of the "better" players at Qpr, brilliant against blackpool, he is having a good spell.

Stupid bloke next to me still decided to slag him off all game, oh get off Lee, all you do is slow the game down, your useless, oh look he's lost the ball again (when he first did it after bout 40 minutes)

One thing I love about LJ's play is he seems to always get the ball away, even when he recieves a pass with a player right on top of him he normally manages to get it to a red shirt. Its his tricky passes that sometimes go astray, having said that, 2nd half he played an absolutely beauty of a chipped pass over the top to sproule, except sproule was offside, if not would have been certain goal tahkns to lees pass.

As for Adebola, it was like watching Trundle do what he tries to do recieving long passess, except Adebola managed to keep it each time.

Well done lee, great game today. thought that his passing was quality today and was winning the ball back in midfield and at the back.

but still people seem to remember one bad pass over three or four top quality passes and the same amount of great tackles. sliding tackle in the box bloking a goal bound shot.

top game today uuuu reds!!!

It's tough finding yourself writing again about nepotism and one particular player weeks in a row but I'll refer to this once more.

Lee Johnson is a decent football player, if he were not then he could not play at this level even if he were the manager's son, the chairman's nephew and s****ing the president's daughter all at the same time.

However, this is not specific just to LJ but a manager's son will always be criticised and his performances viewed through a magnifying glass. Nigel Clough was always a terrific player for Nottingham Forest but came in for that bit more criticism and the "Daddy's boy" chants because of who he was.

My personal view is that a player shouldn't really play for his dad's team for his own sake, he comes under that much more criticism and there is the extra pressure. Jamie Redknapp and Frank Lampard all flourished away from their dad's clubs.

I have had my suspicions of nepotism since last season on Lee Johnson. I base all my thoughts on a player from their performances and sometimes I just do not believe some of his performances warrant being picked the following week, yet every week he is.

He plays well in a 4-4-1-1 I have no doubt and credit where it is due.

Basically I've never been a fan of that formation and would prefer us to play with 2 men up front, particularly at home. For my mind LJ struggles due to his size and inability to tackle - I would like to see Carle partner Elliott and when at QPR we moved Carle to right wing and Sproule on the bench I was a little annoyed and it certainly looked like he was keeping his son in the team. In the cold light of day though I would GJ is far too professional to do this.

I will back LJ when he plays, cheer him on and always want all eleven players wearing red to have a stormer.

When he is playing well then he can be a cracking player, but in a 4-4-2 his weaknesses expose us and that is what I'd like us to play.

When all is said though he played well so credit where due.

Note - had to edit I had Chairman written twice which suggested incest!!

I thought lee johson had a very good game yesterday and I'm a big fan of is

but.. these people sat behind me are starting gto do my head in as soon as he makes one little mistake they full on have a convosation about how bad he is and how he only gets in the team because of gary. but when marvin makes a slip they are just like oh unlucky mate and they don't slag him off atall!

I thought lee johson had a very good game yesterday and I'm a big fan of is

but.. these people sat behind me are starting gto do my head in as soon as he makes one little mistake they full on have a convosation about how bad he is and how he only gets in the team because of gary. but when marvin makes a slip they are just like oh unlucky mate and they don't slag him off atall!

Everyone gets frustrated but those that yell out at GJ and criticise players during the game, I've just never understood how it helps any of us, those sat around them, those on the pitch etc.

It will always happen but I'll never understand what it is supposed to achieve.

Archived