IGNORED

Scunny Game: Massive!

mozo

Watford, West Brom and Stoke are all at home on Tuesday, and I'd be surprised if any of them drop points.

S****horpe may be lowly, but we have to go up North and do a professional job to take the points.

With Palace at home - on Sky - to follow, we could do with an away win to get the momentum rolling.

It was close the last few times we met Scunny, but have we moved on since then??

Watford, West Brom and Stoke are all at home on Tuesday, and I'd be surprised if any of them drop points.

S****horpe may be lowly, but we have to go up North and do a professional job to take the points.

With Palace at home - on Sky - to follow, we could do with an away win to get the momentum rolling.

It was close the last few times we met Scunny, but have we moved on since then??

S****horpe recently seem to be picking up more results, like you say we have to do a professional job and i'm confident that GJ won't let the players get complacent because of their lowly league standing.

Our next two away games are S****horpe and Colchester. Both tough games but if we want top 2 we need 4 points I reckon.

There's no doubting that we're a better team than both, but away games scare me at the moment! I certainly feel that we need four points minimum from the next two if we're to keep challenging at the top.

Some good news:

Boss Nigel Adkins confirmed his concerns about the injury which right-back Cliff Byrne sustained in the 0-0 draw at Sheffield United.

The Irishman, who returned from an injury lay-off at the end of December after breaking his leg against Stoke City two months earlier, had to come off at half-time after getting hurt again in the same area.

Speaking in his post-match press conference, which is now showing on Iron World, Adkins said: "He broke his leg against Stoke City, and he has taken a blow to his fibula - which is the non-weight bearing bone.

"He took a blow on it in the first half and it is a very tender area where the fracture was, and we have got a concern that there might be some more damage back in there.

"So, it is a major concern from our point of view because Cliff has been outstanding this season and - when he broke his leg against Stoke - that was the catalyst for the run of results that followed.

"He has come back and worked ever so hard, and has been superb.

"We are concerned at this moment of time that the fracture is there and it might have opened up again. So we will just have to see."

Look at the run S****horpe had after this guy got injured last time...

Starting this block of ten with three points today was brilliant and we thought we'd be pushed a bit more than we were and played a very professional game to get the job done. The S****horpe and Colchester games although they don't look like very big games looking at the league table are massive and these are the types of games we need to be taking three points from whether home or away. If we were to get all nine points from those three and a point at Crystal Palace we'd be well on par to finally get past the 1.7ppg barrier for the first time in a block of ten.

And thanks to an old boy Scunny will be without one of their new signings. From Guardian Unlimited;

S****horpe's Grant McCann was sent off for a foul on David Cotterill after 10 minutes.

Nice one Dave!

And it's been confirmed that McCann will not be playing against us. From their offical site;

His suspension will start when the Iron host Bristol City on Tuesday night.

If this other fella is also out injured we'll need to really push them, as it is a key match for us.

Archived