IGNORED

City Versus Derby (hmmm....)

mozo

Derby were good enough to get promoted to the Premiership last season.

But now, in the top flight, they are sinking without trace.

So, the question is: how do we compare with Derby as of this moment in time? And how would we fare if we played them in two legs now? Could we strengthen to be better than them (if indeed we aren't already)?

Well?!!

So, the question is: how do we compare with Derby as of this moment in time? And how would we fare if we played them in two legs now? Could we strengthen to be better than them (if indeed we aren't already)?

Well?!!

Over 2 legs i think we'd beat them i mean they ain't a particularly good team and didn't they lose 4-1 to preston or something?

We will strengthen IF we go up and I'm sure SL will back GJ 100% like he always has done.

Well?!!

There is a world of difference between the bottom of the Premiership and the top of the Championship, hence most clubs who go up, come back down again. Therefore Derby are a far better side than us, at this moment in time, but confidence is a great leveller and of course, they have a losing mentality, while we have a, mostly, a winning one. It is obviously hypothetical , but I think Derby would probably beat us both times.

There is a world of difference between the bottom of the Premiership and the top of the Championship, hence most clubs who go up, come back down again. Therefore Derby are a far better side than us, at this moment in time, but confidence is a great leveller and of course, they have a losing mentality, while we have a, mostly, a winning one. It is obviously hypothetical , but I think Derby would probably beat us both times.

Disagree entirely.

Derby are already down, completely demoralised, and not used to winning. They have a Championship squad with a sprinkling of ageing Premier League has-beens. I think we'd beat them convincingly over two legs.

I would hope we'd do better than Derby if we went up. They've been simply terrible.

We have a number of players who were released by Premiership clubs as youngsters and they'll be keen to show what they can do. I just can't see this team giving up like Derby have done.

If City go up and can't stay up I'd hope we'd at least be like Barnsley were and give it our best shot, hopefully making some friends along the way.

Guest brfc1883
I would hope we'd do better than Derby if we went up. They've been simply terrible.

We have a number of players who were released by Premiership clubs as youngsters and they'll be keen to show what they can do. I just can't see this team giving up like Derby have done.

If City go up and can't stay up I'd hope we'd at least be like Barnsley were and give it our best shot, hopefully making some friends along the way.

IF you went up, you would be another Derby without doubt. Players of real quality would not sign because you would not be an established Prem team, and it would be a risk for them, Derby have suffered with this this season. It's nothing to do with heart & desire, do you honestly believe that Derby got promoted thinking 'we're not going to fight to stay up this season'!? Lets say your first game was away to Liverpool or Man U and you got stuffed 5 or 6-0, then your next game is home to Spurs and you lose 2-0, the fight and heart will be ripped out of your team straight away! That's what's happed to Derby. Steve pantsdown knows this and would only want to get promoted for the money it would generate, his plan would then be to consolodate you guys in the Champ, and go for promotion again in a few years.

Let's say our first game is away to Liverpool or Man U and we scrape a 0-0 draw. Let's say our second game is home to Spurs and they have an off day and we win 1-0. What happens then? It's not so obvious, is it?

I don't honestly believe we'd be good enough to stay up, but I do believe we'd put up a better fight than Derby.

IF you went up, you would be another Derby without doubt. Players of real quality would not sign because you would not be an established Prem team, and it would be a risk for them, Derby have suffered with this this season. It's nothing to do with heart & desire, do you honestly believe that Derby got promoted thinking 'we're not going to fight to stay up this season'!? Lets say your first game was away to Liverpool or Man U and you got stuffed 5 or 6-0, then your next game is home to Spurs and you lose 2-0, the fight and heart will be ripped out of your team straight away! That's what's happed to Derby. Steve pantsdown knows this and would only want to get promoted for the money it would generate, his plan would then be to consolodate you guys in the Champ, and go for promotion again in a few years.

(Hypothetically...) I'd imagine that Johnson would have to shop abroad and pluck the best picks of the Football league when building up the squad. Our scouting system is reputed and may be key to bringing in quality.

I'm all for going up just for the money, not a problem for me, and it would be a hell of an experience for many thousands of supporters of this fine club.

I imagine City fans would almost expect Johnson to pull survival out the bag. He has this infectious habit of succeeding.

Promotion to the Premiership is nowa palpable possibility, not necessarily now, but with improvements to this already well-regimented squad, perhaps next season?

Guest brfc1883
Let's say our first game is away to Liverpool or Man U and we scrape a 0-0 draw. Let's say our second game is home to Spurs and they have an off day and we win 1-0. What happens then? It's not so obvious, is it?

I don't honestly believe we'd be good enough to stay up, but I do believe we'd put up a better fight than Derby.

I very much doubt that either of these would happen, and even it did you're next game would be Villa away and you'd get beat there!

:whistle2:

And you want respect when posting?

Archived