IGNORED

Trouble In The Williams?

tomvickeryBCFC

Please don't get me started, had a lovely day re felting my garage roof today; where ever we are top, middle or bottom, I`ll be back when a fair level playing field returns.

GIVE IT BACK TO ALL

I was sat in the final column of F Block in the Williams today. I wasn't going to post about the trouble in the Williams stand, but seeing as it's been brought up, I thought I'd give my version of events.

The trouble started when Trunds and Byfield were warming up. Trunds was getting a bit of banter thrown his way by the Wednesday fans and Byfield and Trunds started getting involved. Wednesday fans started getting a bit tetchy, to the point where a steward intervened and possibly pointed out to our two players that this banter was probably not a good idea.

A few thugs in the wednesday end then started posturing and threating our players, to which some of the Williams stand took offence.

The stewards then completely over-reacted and started pushing city fans back down the stand, into vacant rows of seats. One particular steward ran 50 yards down the williams stand to get involved, pushing people over on the concourse and waded straight into the city fans around me, pushing, shoving and threating anyone that moved with ejection. The guy sat next to me pushed him back in self defence (the steward in question was right in his face). Even the Old Bill told the steward to calm down. It was totally over the top and a complete over-reaction to a minor bit of bother, which to be fair, was started by the stupidity of our own players, who should have known better.

e.

The stewards then completely over-reacted and started pushing city fans back down the stand, into vacant rows of seats. One particular steward ran 50 yards down the williams stand to get involved, pushing people over on the concourse and waded straight into the city fans around me, pushing, shoving and threating anyone that moved with ejection. The guy sat next to me pushed him back in self defence (the steward in question was right in his face). Even the Old Bill told the steward to calm down.

That steward sounds completely unsuitable for the job - the safety of the fans should be his first concern.

Seems to me that the police should have chucked this trouble-making steward out of the ground. :yes:

Please don't get me started, had a lovely day re felting my garage roof today; where ever we are top, middle or bottom, I`ll be back when a fair level playing field returns.

GIVE IT BACK TO ALL

How did the re-felting go?, City played brilliantly and won 2-1, the same game was viewed from all stands.

It was a beautiful day for football.

I was sat in the final column of F Block in the Williams today. I wasn't going to post about the trouble in the Williams stand, but seeing as it's been brought up, I thought I'd give my version of events.

The trouble started when Trunds and Byfield were warming up. Trunds was getting a bit of banter thrown his way by the Wednesday fans and Byfield and Trunds started getting involved. Wednesday fans started getting a bit tetchy, to the point where a steward intervened and possibly pointed out to our two players that this banter was probably not a good idea.

A few thugs in the wednesday end then started posturing and threating our players, to which some of the Williams stand took offence.

The stewards then completely over-reacted and started pushing city fans back down the stand, into vacant rows of seats. One particular steward ran 50 yards down the williams stand to get involved, pushing people over on the concourse and waded straight into the city fans around me, pushing, shoving and threating anyone that moved with ejection. The guy sat next to me pushed him back in self defence (the steward in question was right in his face). Even the Old Bill told the steward to calm down. It was totally over the top and a complete over-reaction to a minor bit of bother, which to be fair, was started by the stupidity of our own players, who should have known better.

I spoke to a Wednesday fan it was a bit of banter with Byfield as he played for local rivals Rotherham United

Archived