IGNORED

My Thoughts On This Weekend

ian_city_till_i_die

As a fan who rarely gets to attend matches I thought I would post my comments on this weekends match.

Firstly I thought it was a fantastic team performance with no below par performance from any of the players.

The two new signings looked like good aquistions. Adebola appears to be everything Enoch is not. He showed a good first touch and awareness of others as well as the ability to win headers and decent pace. Carle looks a class act and appeared confident on the ball (perhaps the same could not be said about his finishing) and has good technique.

On the rest of the team I believe we must have two of the best out and out widemen in this division with Sproule and Mcindoe. Johnson played well and made some quality passes, although he did make a couple of his traditional strange passes. Carey was immense and I think he is key to City's promotion ambitions. Basso was sound as always and made a great save from a header. Lastly I enjoyed Trundles cameo and his disguised pass where he pointed one way and passed the other is the kind of thing which i love to see.

Finally the attendace was a little disapointing at 15,000 but the weather was lovely. That about sums it up I think.

I agree entirely!

Its the first game I've been able to see for a while and I was thoroughly impressed.

The defence looks so much more composed and confident when Carey is playing, surely one of the best in the division?

McIndoe looked brilliant - again. I think he is one of our best players this season he flourished having the ability to drift inside and play off Adebola.

Dele and Carle look like good signings. I was very impressed by Carle - his energy, his commitment, his movement, everything you want in an attacking midfielder (except maybe lacking a bit of composure up front) but I'm sure that will come.

I have to say LJ impressed. I'm not his biggest fan but he played very well yesterday minus those 3 stray passes which we're accustomed to.

And I'm not sure if anyones picked this up, but I loved the fact GJ made positive subs yesterday, first time for a while.

All in all, a very positive performance. Come on you reds, bring on Scunny! :chant6ez:

You should be impressed I'm complimenting the guy!

With all due respect, LJ has been playing well recently and so I can't knock his recent form. I have no quarrels with him being in the team when he merits it, like with all of the players, but what i don't like is when he is continued to be played when he is playing badly and there is someone on the bench that could come on and do a better job, thats all.

Hopefully he'll continue this good form, because when he plays well he can be one of our better players

(Wow two complimentary posts for LJ...I think I need a lie down :doh: )

McIndoe looked brilliant - again. I think he is one of our best players this season he flourished having the ability to drift inside and play off Adebola.

I saw a post further up the board about JM being an unsung hero but I agree with you that MCIndoe has been immense for us this season and is the real unsung hero. I'd love to see his stats because I think he would have the most complete passes, assists and interceptions out of the entire midfeild - he does the simple things well, and, has a quality cross (I was thinking that he should take a few more of the set pieces..??).

LJ was quality for us as well and I think that position, at the back of the diamond, is probably his best. He made a superb tackle after about 20 minutes on the edge of our D than raked a 20 yard ball to McIndoe that was sublime and that got a ripple of applause. But. Five minites later he misplaced a five yeard ball and the idiots around me stated having a go, I can't beleive these people, probably the same moron-types who were booing Engerland for retaining possession last week......

Personally I thought that Carle was the worse midfeilder for us on Saturday, apart from an exquisite Cryff turn on the halfway line, he got shrugged off the ball too easily and passed into space instead of to feet too much, losing possession. Elliott also shows signs of needing a break, (nothing wrong with that, he's worked bloody hard for us all season>).

Just my thoughts, as well as to add, I really enjoyed the game in which we totally dominated and could have won 5-0. Wednesday were very poor and looked doomed.....

Just one more thing, does anyone else, marvel at Darren Byfeild and how he outjumps center backs who are a foot taller that him???!!!!

Snoz.

And I'm not sure if anyones picked this up, but I loved the fact GJ made positive subs yesterday, first time for a while.

At 1-0 i was half expecting Fonts and Skuse to come on for Dele and Carle. :ph34r:

Just one more thing, does anyone else, marvel at Darren Byfeild and how he outjumps center backs who are a foot taller that him???!!!!

Wins a good percentage of his headers and a lot more than Enoch ever did.

You should be impressed I'm complimenting the guy!

With all due respect, LJ has been playing well recently and so I can't knock his recent form. I have no quarrels with him being in the team when he merits it, like with all of the players, but what i don't like is when he is continued to be played when he is playing badly and there is someone on the bench that could come on and do a better job, thats all.

Hopefully he'll continue this good form, because when he plays well he can be one of our better players

(Wow two complimentary posts for LJ...I think I need a lie down :doh: )

so you also believe Elliott should be rightly dropped based on his last few games in favour of Skuse?

Archived