IGNORED

Louis Carey

robins72

OK for those that don't know Louis Carey is very close to his 500th game for Bristol City. Thats a hell of alot of games for a player that has been with us for over 10 years (albeit his short stint at Coventry). Now after the Colchester match Carey was on 496 games, then in the Blackpook and Sheffied Wednesday games it went to 497 games. A mysterious game has now appeared even though Carey has been out since the Barnsley match. Now my theory is City want Louis's 500th game to be on Sky against Palace, when really it will be away to Colchester. Unless anyone else has a theory on this one??

OK for those that don't know Louis Carey is very close to his 500th game for Bristol City. Thats a hell of alot of games for a player that has been with us for over 10 years (albeit his short stint at Coventry). Now after the Colchester match Carey was on 496 games, then in the Blackpook and Sheffied Wednesday games it went to 497 games. A mysterious game has now appeared even though Carey has been out since the Barnsley match. Now my theory is City want Louis's 500th game to be on Sky against Palace, when really it will be away to Colchester. Unless anyone else has a theory on this one??

i'm struggling to find your figues anywhere Lisa . ..

most i can come up with is 457 plus 27 for Coventry, that includes cup games. .( i've not included sub appearances though )

where are you getting your figures ? you may have a better source than me .

I'd like you to be right, it would be good for his 500th game to be on the box.

:englandsmile4wf:

i'm struggling to find your figues anywhere Lisa . ..

most i can come up with is 457 plus 27 for Coventry, that includes cup games. .( i've not included sub appearances though )

where are you getting your figures ? you may have a better source than me .

I'd like you to be right, it would be good for his 500th game to be on the box.

:englandsmile4wf:

Check the match programmes out. There is definitely an error though as an extra game has been added. Unless they are starting to include reserves matches. Louis where are you??????

Well according to soccerbase, he has made

League/FA Cup/League Cup/Other (sub apps in parentheses)

Since Coventry:

112(2)/4(0)/3(0)/5(1) = 127

Before Coventry:

302(10)/18(1)/15(1)/21(3) = 371

That's a total of 498. So his 500th appearance should be at the Eagles if he plays against the Iron on Tuesday.

However his appearance stats on the main site only add up to 473, so somebody's wrong somewhere.

The other thing is, it's not clear whether the sub appearances are included or in addition to the main figure.

Also, I assume the 'Other' column is competitivie matches only (mickey mouse cups, etc) and NOT friendlies. I don't think you can include friendlies.

Cheers guys but the problem is still not solved. After the Colchester game it said Louis had played 496 matches then in the Blackpool programme it says 497. So somehow somewhere someone has added a match in where Louis has not played!! All very strange. I think I will just have to ask Louis at the next match!!!!

If Louis plays tomorrow and against Palace, then that will definitely be his 500th appearance. He is currently on 498.

Cheers guys but the problem is still not solved. After the Colchester game it said Louis had played 496 matches then in the Blackpool programme it says 497. So somehow somewhere someone has added a match in where Louis has not played!! All very strange. I think I will just have to ask Louis at the next match!!!!

The other thing is, it's not clear whether the sub appearances are included or in addition to the main figure.

498 appearances for City includes sub apps

Also, I assume the 'Other' column is competitivie matches only (mickey mouse cups, etc) and NOT friendlies. I don't think you can include friendlies.

The 'Other' matches might include Gloucs Senior Cup as its a Senior FA competition

Archived