IGNORED

Dele Top Display

Red Robin

Digesting the game yesterday, one man made everything click into place Dele Adebola gave us something that has been missing all season LINK UP PLAY.

Yesterday he gave the team the extra dimension that has been missing.

The football was back to pre struggle form,quick,penatrating and forcefull.

Tuesday game is MASSIVE win this and we have the eagarly awaited return with Palace,win that and we can confidently enter the run in.

Lets hope we have a big following up there Tuesday night.

Adebola and Trundle will be nice to see,however I think GJ will go with the same team.

Agree, said it in another posting

I still believe though that Trundle needs to play alongside someone such as Adebola to get the best of out him, some of his best form back with Swansea was playing with a Rory Fallon who's a big targetman, I can't believe that we have signed a player with the undoubted ability of Trundle and for the money we paid and won't play to his strengths now we actually have a decent targetman in Adebola.

if Elliott does miss out due to injury, I'd like to see the 2 of them up front together, though it does mean a midfield partnership of LJ and Carle maybe? (both strong, both mobile and both can tackle) why not?

I still believe though that Trundle needs to play alongside someone such as Adebola to get the best of out him, some of his best form back with Swansea was playing with a Rory Fallon who's a big targetman, I can't believe that we have signed a player with the undoubted ability of Trundle and for the money we paid and won't play to his strengths now we actually have a decent targetman in Adebola.

if Elliott does miss out due to injury, I'd like to see the 2 of them up front together, though it does mean a midfield partnership of LJ and Carle maybe? (both strong, both mobile and both can tackle) why not?

Think Adebola could hopefully be the making of Trundle it is Trundles last chance to start banging some goals in.

Out of curiosity, who was trundles strike partner at swansea? and what sort of player was he? anyone know? ..I must admit i do think trundle would have more space to work in along side adebola... they can't put two defenders on both of them now can they?

YOU REDS

Out of curiosity, who was trundles strike partner at swansea? and what sort of player was he? anyone know? ..I must admit i do think trundle would have more space to work in along side adebola... they can't put two defenders on both of them now can they?

YOU REDS

see above post of mine that you quote

when they were in league one, most of the time he played alongside Rory Fallon (former swindon lad) big target man, similarish to Adebola, personally I think Adebola is a better and more established players at this level and would definately bring the best out of Trundle.

YOU REDS

Pawel Abbott...6ft2 target man...Rory Fallon, big lad... and Akinfenwa..big powerful striker?!?!

Played at Wrexham with Andy Morrell, also a tall strong Target man i believe?

i am in no way a LJ basher, he has many good qualities but one quality he does not possess is good tackling!

We will need a holding type player in there away from home, so Skuse would come in i beleive

Both Trundle and Byfield have always scored goals at their previous clubs and you just don't forget how to score goals. Now if it was just one of them not scoring then i would agree that maybe the step up was to much but as its both of them i think it must be something else i.e. The job they are being asked to do or not being played in their natural way. I think both will benefit from Dele's powerful game and will now score more goals.

Archived