IGNORED

Changes Are Likely Says Gj

GrahamC

Well that suggests to me that Marvin is out for one and possibly Dele or Louis having a reaction to playing after so long out, may be another.

Big chance for a couple in the squad to step up then and push their claim for a more regular pick, in my opinion.

Big game tomorrow, Scunny may have only won one in something like the last 17, but a 0-0 at Sheff U with ten men with 80 minutes on Saturday was no disgrace and we know just how hard they will battle from last year.

I got the impression from GJ's post match interview that changes were likely regardless of injuries - though perhaps to tactics rather than selections.

He pointed out that the game against Scunny is on a much smaller pitch with a much worse surface and we'd have to play differently.

I find it slightly intresting that a story has surfaced, usually if someones out the first thing we know is when the teamsheet is annouced.

Maybe it's a bluff and the same XI will trott out?

Big game tomorrow, Scunny may have only won one in something like the last 17, but a 0-0 at Sheff U with ten men with 80 minutes on Saturday was no disgrace and we know just how hard they will battle from last year.

..... and that one win was against Charlton with ten men. They also like teams to come at them so that they can hit back on the break, much like we do.

See their official site

This is from a S****horpe fan on the very marvellous bristolcity-mad.co.uk when I suggested that they might have a couple of players banned after two sendings off.........

Posted by IRON1899 on 10 Feb 2008 23:29 Complain | Reply

re: re: re: re: Same again for Scunny ?? ...

Grant McCann will be banned,after is red card against Sheffield Utd,but we will have these players back..

Butler(after ban),Paterson(after ban),and Horsfield(couldn't play against parent club).

I think Paterson and Horsfield will start,but Butler could miss out,Hobbs was superb against Sheff Utd,and could keep him out.

Good luck on your bid for promotion,and the best of luck for the rest of the season, after Tuesday's game,of course

Up The Iron!!

It could well be, Tom. The great Don Revie was famous for trying to psyche-out his counterparts with duff team news.

I think that's it too. Who better for GJ to play mind games with than that bloody annoying Scunnie Manager who never shuts up! It was said on tv over the weekend that as well as his Physio degree he had a degree in Psychology aswell.

GJ should be able to out smart him easily! And Gary, if you can get him to flippin' be quiet I'll light a candle for you!!! :sun:

it will not be a game for pretty boy footie thats for sure, the heavy and small pitch and their style will see to that. I am sure changes are going to be made.

For me Nick Carle will not play nor will the likes of noble feature.

Its a game for Marv & Co to step up to the plate and be counted. Fontaine coming in at L/back is a shout too. and possible losing a winger. not something I would do as we need 3 points, but maybe a start for Cole Skuse?

it will not be a game for pretty boy footie thats for sure, the heavy and small pitch and their style will see to that. I am sure changes are going to be made.

Its a game for Marv & Co to step up to the plate and be counted. Fontaine coming in at L/back is a shout too. and possible losing a winger. not something I would do as we need 3 points, but maybe a start for Cole Skuse?

I said Noble and Carle because Marvin Elliott is one of the players that GJ said had a knock. See bcfc.co.uk

"The City manager wouldn't go as far as naming his wounded players, although he did admit on Saturday that Dele Adebola (quad muscle) and Marvin Elliott (knee) were both withdrawn early against Sheffield Wednesday as a precaution"

Think GJ will go with two up top tomorrow and wouldn't be at all surprised if he goes with Trundle given that 66.6% of his goals came against the same opposition this season!

after the game down ag they are going to be really worried about trundle. could create some space for adebola if they double mark trundle.

I was dissappointed that the first substituion and Saturday was to take Adebola off as i really wanted to see Trundle play off him. Reading Trundles recent interviews he is relishing the chance to play alongside a big target man and i hope this is the partnership GJ uses in the promotion run in.

the problem is if we play 2 up front for the run in where does carle play

I was dissappointed that the first substituion and Saturday was to take Adebola off as i really wanted to see Trundle play off him. Reading Trundles recent interviews he is relishing the chance to play alongside a big target man and i hope this is the partnership GJ uses in the promotion run in.

True, but if Dele had injured his thigh (see my message above) it was probably best to take him off. In my opinion Byfield wins more in the air than any other striker at the club (including Adebola so far who appears to hold the ball up well when played into his feet). Byfield is what? 5'11. Trundle is 6'0" and Adebola is 6'3". I really rate Byfield, some of the abuse he got at Loftus Road from our own fans (around me at least) was embarrassing.

As tomorrow's fixture is likely to be a physical battle, I'd definitely bring in Skuse for Carle, and operate with a solid midfield three. Of course, this all depends on Adebola's fitness, because he's the only striker good enough to play the lone front role.

If Dele starts then I'd use the narrow playing surface to alternate between 4-3-3, with McIndoe and Sproule operating as additional strikers and a robust 4-5-1.

I really rate Byfield, some of the abuse he got at Loftus Road from our own fans (around me at least) was embarrassing.

I agree most emphatically with the second half of that statement, and pretty much with the first. He knows where the net is, and the abuse I could also hear at QPR was as embarrassing as it was out of order.

the problem is if we play 2 up front for the run in where does carle play

We should play the formation to win games not to accomodate individual players and if that means its 2 up front and 1 from LJ or Carle then thats what it should be. To follow your argument the problem with playing 1 upfront is where do we play our record signing Trundle as he is not a loan target man, our top scorer Byfield or Brooker when back and fit.

True, but if Dele had injured his thigh (see my message above) it was probably best to take him off. In my opinion Byfield wins more in the air than any other striker at the club (including Adebola so far who appears to hold the ball up well when played into his feet). Byfield is what? 5'11. Trundle is 6'0" and Adebola is 6'3". I really rate Byfield, some of the abuse he got at Loftus Road from our own fans (around me at least) was embarrassing.

I didn't realise that Dele had picked up an injury. If that is true then i agree it was best to take him off.

Archived