IGNORED

Robert Stambolziev

Macedonia

I hopeRS and Plummer get a chance this season near the end, after all leroy, jmw and dave cotterill came through that way

Johnson gets a lot of stick for two things:

1/ Signing thirty-plus aged strikers

2/ Not giving youth a chance

Sooooooooooo...here's a 'Johnson's a Genius' theory in the making. Perhaps the Cockney King has signed Trundle, Byfield and Adebola in the knowledge that within two years our young strikers will be ready to step up and fill their boots.

Those are three players that could impart a lot of knowledge to our youngsters.

My theory does unravel somewhat if you ask why Artus/Wilson have been ignored thus far...

Greetings Perovski.

I think, to be honest, Rob is too young to be anywhere near the first team yet. Most of us haven't seen him play though, as not many people watch the youth or reserve sides. However, the youth team coach seems to think he is good.

If you want him to play for Macedonia, you need to be careful the Australians don't get him first, especially as Socceroo (Australian international) Nicky Carle has just joined us, so I expect the the Aus coaches will get to hear about him.

PS - why on earth do you support Doncaster Rovers??

Johnson gets a lot of stick for two things:

1/ Signing thirty-plus aged strikers

2/ Not giving youth a chance

Sooooooooooo...here's a 'Johnson's a Genius' theory in the making. Perhaps the Cockney King has signed Trundle, Byfield and Adebola in the knowledge that within two years our young strikers will be ready to step up and fill their boots.

Those are three players that could impart a lot of knowledge to our youngsters.

My theory does unravel somewhat if you ask why Artus/Wilson have been ignored thus far...

What makes you think they are being ignored i am sure they are being developed well, there performances in the reserves are testiment to that, probably along with Riberio the most consistent players in the reserve side all three of them always look up for the games it is very obvios GJ likes maturity and experiance i would expect they will go on loan when the time is right for them and the club

Having said that i think the squad is too big and we have too many average pro,s the like of Betsy Noble Skusse etc i think the decks will be cleared at the end of the season for some of the talent to move a step closer

a mate of mine said (although this is possibly as unreliable as most of the rumours during january) that Stambolziev is in the travelling squad for today. please take this with a pinch of salt though!!!!!!

I would take that with a barrow load of salt as he will be playing in the FAYC against Man City tomorow night lets hope he can score the winner

fair enough! told you it wasn't very reliable!

May still travel even if he's not playing, as the experience will help his developmwent.

I think were we not now in a promotion fight we might have seen some of these players already. There might be something in the comment as regards buying older strikers due to the otential of the youngsters. Don't forget; GJ managed Watford's youth system for several years. He'll use our own kids when the time is right, I'm sure.

Archived