IGNORED

Vasko

leadman

great cameo.

lead the line better than dele, chased everything and celebrated like we won promotion at the end.

Is a very useful fella to throw on up front at the end of games.

He causes chaos and he knows how to win headers - they struggled how to handle him.

I enjoyed the centre backs argue who was supposed to be picking him up.

He's another player who is in and out of the squad, sometimes having a mare and sometimes the hero.

Maybe he is better used upfront, not sure what Byfield and Trundle must have thought of that last night at the time, however it worked! Horses for courses and all that I suppose.

I remember Vasko coming on late in a game at the Gate, can't remember who against. He seemed to have instructions to man mark a player, maybe he was told 'don't let him out of your sight' as he literally had his head almost pressed down onto the other players head, funny to watch. Again it worked though!

We've nicknamed him 'TrolleyBoy' from the Hot Fuzz film here! Yarp!

Dele did really well for about an hour and then he tired quite badly.

I think the S****horpe defenders got a bit used to dealing with a tired Dele towards the middle of the second half, and the change of pace when Vasko came on really caught them out.

I thought it was an odd substitution at the time considering that Trundle was available, but Tamas showed why Gary is the manager and I am not - well done!

he's certainly come on though, not as shakey in his not so good games IMO

put your left foot in, your left foot out

in out in out you shake it all about

you do he tamas vasko and you turn around

thats what its all about

oooooo tamas vasko

i like, but he ain't renowned for his tricks, you could change it to 'lee-trun-dle' and you have a quality song :winner_third_h4h:

Only seen our goal a couple of times ,but wasnt it Vasko that launched himself at the ball as it came across ? If he had not done that the keeper would have probably just came out & picked the ball up but stayed where he was thinking vasko would head it ,which fooled him completely & as we know ended up in the net.So well done to Vasko & Orr

He's played an important part of our last two victories away from home; getting the winner and putting in a good shift at the back against Burnley and being involved in the winner last night!

Seems to really want to make a go of it here and, as I said on another thread, I can see him being a bit of a cult figure long term.

What was the deal with him? Wasn't it a season long loan with the option to buy at the end. Has the price been predecided or does it depend on how he does for us?

I suppose it ultimately depends on what happens with us over the next few months. If we don't want him then I'm sure others are looking.

What was the deal with him? Wasn't it a season long loan with the option to buy at the end. Has the price been predecided or does it depend on how he does for us?

I suppose it ultimately depends on what happens with us over the next few months. If we don't want him then I'm sure others are looking.

Afer Burnley GJ said something along the lines of "he's ours if we want him" and said the figure was fixed and not due till summer, if we wished to buy him.

Right now I think he might very well be a decent addition, especially wth Carey struggling with injury and Vasko only being a young bloke. Him, McCombe and Fontaine are all between about 21-24, good ages and with the added factor they have trained and played together or sometime. Vasko might not be consistant but has shown flashes of being very useful (ie the contributions mentioned above and his cameos versus WBA at home and Burnley at home) and I can see him being here next year.

Archived