IGNORED

Jobsworth Stewards

kingsdownred

To start off what a great win tonight in bad conditions and not really playing to our best but 3 points non the less. BUT, what was up with the stewards at the ground. Talk about a power trip. First of all because we were singing at the back we arent aloud to stand up then we weren't aloud to sit on the top of our seats, then not aloud to make noise as such such as singing and banging on the back. not too mention no candles even if they werent lit, the robbing northan b$*$"*ds took them off people.

So correct me if I'm wrong but one of there stands is all standing so thats rules out club policy on no standing. One poor lad got thrown out at half time for standing up sometime during the first half what a joke.

To top off a great day, my car broke down an hour before we were about to leave so have to hire one for the day but was well worth the extra money to try and light a candle and get treated like a school kid again by some dirty northan jobless stewards.

up the REDS great win and promotion is on route.

they were being arsey about standing (not a law) yet the smoking, which i haven't got a problem with, was just ignored smoking in a public place is against the law and if the 'FA Ambassador' that was around meaning we couldnt have candles had seen that, s****horpe would have been closed down! Theyve always been power crazy at scunny though, i think that was a case of "he's here he's there, we're not allowed to swear, scotty brown scotty brown" i bet there really are human stewards out there though somewhere

They were totally OTT

I got kicked out at half time and treated like crap, only to be let in because they had got the wrong guy in there description.

They apologised and everything but they were so un-professional in what they did. I could probably do them for man-handling me!

I knew at the time though, that whenever something bad happens, theres bound to be a good ending and thats what happened.

YOU REDS

It was OTT but like most stewarding, it depends who you're near at the time.

Before the game I was having a decent enough chat to the younger fella about how they've been playing this season etc and how he thought they'd do.

He was very complimentary about us as well and how its good we've represented the boys who went up really well etc

Then an older bloke came along, probably his boss and tore into him about not keeping back a distance from the front and watching the people coming in.

Like everywhere, some are alright, others are complete bellends

To start off what a great win tonight in bad conditions and not really playing to our best but 3 points non the less. BUT, what was up with the stewards at the ground. Talk about a power trip. First of all because we were singing at the back we arent aloud to stand up then we weren't aloud to sit on the top of our seats, then not aloud to make noise as such such as singing and banging on the back. not too mention no candles even if they werent lit, the robbing northan b$*$"*ds took them off people.

So correct me if I'm wrong but one of there stands is all standing so thats rules out club policy on no standing. One poor lad got thrown out at half time for standing up sometime during the first half what a joke.

To top off a great day, my car broke down an hour before we were about to leave so have to hire one for the day but was well worth the extra money to try and light a candle and get treated like a school kid again by some dirty northan jobless stewards.

up the REDS great win and promotion is on route.

They probabaly go home and spunk about it! But look on the bright side, you got to see the WHOLE of the game AND city won! Much better than my last away trip!

I was ejected at half time for singing, standing up and banging on the boards. The stewards came up after ten mins and said if anyone was persistently standing they would be ejected so everyone sat down. I only stood up for the corners and the odd bang of the hoarding to help the atmosphere. Went down to the bottom and I was manhandled by at least 5 stewards and told i was being ejected for standing and banging the hoarding after being warned. I wasn't even warned about the hoarding and was standing in the back row doing no harm to anyone when I ddi stand which was rarely. On the way out I asked why I was only one and was told I was being one of the louder ones and that it was making the Scunny fans look bad and was taunted that I would get a 3 year ban. Once outside I spoke to 2 policeman who took my details and said the stewards at Scunny are known for being heavy handed and unreasonable.

I was lucky enough however to see the goal as I was invited to go into the Sky Sports Video Van where I got to see the 2nd half as the bloke in there felt sorry for me :) was a good view as well ;)

What I did was no different to what happens in the East End every home game, I did sit down as well after I was told to. The policemen who were at AG for the Scunny game was aware that we stood all game in East End but said the stewards here were 'jobsworths' who go out of their way to annoy away fans. The stewards at Scunny were a disgrace. I have heard that a bloke put candles at the front and stewards blew them out only for him to replace them with more before being chased up the stairs he was not however ejected which seems a tad unfair.

As a result of this over zealous stewarding i doubt I will get a Cardiff ticket now because of the ejection and considering i been to every game this season so far seems stupid that for doing nothing that I will miss out on one of the biggest games of the season.

Gary Johnson says support the team and sing your heart out every game and get behind the lads but it seems it not always the best thing to do. I will certainly not be singing so much in the future as well.

I was ejected at half time for singing, standing up and banging on the boards. The stewards came up after ten mins and said if anyone was persistently standing they would be ejected so everyone sat down. I only stood up for the corners and the odd bang of the hoarding to help the atmosphere. Went down to the bottom and I was manhandled by at least 5 stewards and told i was being ejected for standing and banging the hoarding after being warned. I wasn't even warned about the hoarding and was standing in the back row doing no harm to anyone when I ddi stand which was rarely. On the way out I asked why I was only one and was told I was being one of the louder ones and that it was making the Scunny fans look bad and was taunted that I would get a 3 year ban. Once outside I spoke to 2 policeman who took my details and said the stewards at Scunny are known for being heavy handed and unreasonable.

I was lucky enough however to see the goal as I was invited to go into the Sky Sports Video Van where I got to see the 2nd half as the bloke in there felt sorry for me :) was a good view as well ;)

What I did was no different to what happens in the East End every home game, I did sit down as well after I was told to. The policemen who were at AG for the Scunny game was aware that we stood all game in East End but said the stewards here were 'jobsworths' who go out of their way to annoy away fans. The stewards at Scunny were a disgrace. I have heard that a bloke put candles at the front and stewards blew them out only for him to replace them with more before being chased up the stairs he was not however ejected which seems a tad unfair.

As a result of this over zealous stewarding i doubt I will get a Cardiff ticket now because of the ejection and considering i been to every game this season so far seems stupid that for doing nothing that I will miss out on one of the biggest games of the season.

Gary Johnson says support the team and sing your heart out every game and get behind the lads but it seems it not always the best thing to do. I will certainly not be singing so much in the future as well.

Sorry to hear about that mate.I thought the stewards were a joke last night.Spoke to a couple of friendly ones in the way out,but the ones in the away end were a waste of space.I was lucky enough to be awarded an "official warning" for banging the back of the stand,and was told to sit down on several occasions,despite sitting in the back row.

The steward was busying himself collecting (unlit) candles from behind the goal to take home and put on his mantlepiece,so one of our fans nipped in front of him to grab the last few.Two minutes later the fan was surrounded by 3 or 4 stewards who demanded that they hand over the candles - they must be trying to save on their electricity bill.I thought that these poor stewards must be so hard up they could do with a few more,so i thoughtfully replenished their supply.Quite selfless i thought.

Despite the best efforts of the stewards to keep us in silence,i thought it was a great away night with fantastic support.

The steward was busying himself collecting (unlit) candles from behind the goal to take home and put on his mantlepiece,so one of our fans nipped in front of him to grab the last few.Two minutes later the fan was surrounded by 3 or 4 stewards who demanded that they hand over the candles

yeah that was me - the first steward came over and asked nicely saying for health and safety i had to hand them over so i did as he asked nicely and explained that some FA guy was there. then some ugly **** of a steward came over and told me that anymore 'playing up' and i would be thrown out. no real need as i was complying with the steward who was reasonable then he added his aggressive 2 pence worth, utter tosspot. glad the rest of the fans started chanting abuse at the ######.

good work putting more down there!!!!

candles at colchester?!

So correct me if I'm wrong but one of there stands is all standing so thats rules out club policy on no standing.

In (away end) seating areas, you are not allowed to stand to watch the game, in terraced areas (home end), you are allowed to stand, until the LAW is changed those are the rules.

Rules are there for a reason, if society had no rules, the country would be in worst state than it is now.

BCAGFC

In (away end) seating areas, you are not allowed to stand to watch the game, in terraced areas (home end), you are allowed to stand, until the LAW is changed those are the rules and so yopu can't really complain.

BCAGFC

What about if you sit down on the terracing? :smartass:

BCAGFC, There is no LAW about standing. Only rules and regulations.

LAW= Club Rules

Same thing really. When you enter a football ground you agree to abide by the rules of the football league/club, so if the club says you are not allowed to stand to watch the game in seating areas, then that is what you have to do or you are breakin the rules and can expect to be treated as such.

I would like grounds to have areas of SAFE standing for home and away fans but that will never happen, and if it ever does unless it is very closely controlled (ST holders only etc) you will get the problems that happened in the 70s/80s when away fans would try to infiltrate home standing etc, etc, etc.

BCAGFC

BCAGFC, biggest load of rubbish i think i have heard in a long time.

So in germany etc do they have all these problems?

There is a difference between rules and laws, laws will put you in prision if they are broken, standing isnt a law and has never been a law.

So you don't think that some of our fans that went to Nottingham Forest, Coventry City, Wolves, Crystal Palace & QPR wouldn't try to abuse the home safe standing areas, if you believe they wouldn't then you are in a different world.

Germany have a completely different culture when it comes to football.

BCAGFC

When you buy a ticket (or pay at the gate) for a football match you are also agreeing to abide by the terms and conditions of entry. That means being searched on entry, not smoking etc etc etc, right through to not PERSISTENTLY standing in seated areas. Have a look at some of your tickets and look at the small print. I was there last night and watched the stewards in action. Whilst I thought that some of their actions were unnecessary, the kids at the back just don't help themselves. Chanting " 4 pound an hour" etc at stewards is not going to help anybody least of all themselves. As for the "fish" reference, doesn't that just sum it all up - S****horpe is an inland iron and smelting town.

I await the abuse.

Hang on a second.

In the first half, me and my mates sat behind the goal three rows from the back, and we sang as much as anyone else. But the songs became progressively infantile and yes, embarrasing, so we moved to the front for the second half.

I have no problem singing "your support is shit" to Ipswich, for example, as we did when they walloped us 6-0 this season in front of 24,000, because it was. But to taunt a small, struggling club like S****horpe with the same, when it would be so easy for their fans to support a bigger club, is I am afraid embarrasing.

OK those same lads were also the ones starting off the positive songs in support of City, so fair play to them and maybe saying numpties a bit unfair, but if you want all City fans to join in with the vocal support, as you rightly imply you would like, maybe the songs should be a bit more grown up than singing about fish and claiming Horsfields wife to have a c**k that smells like fish. :D

If I were a City player that wouldnt motivate me one bit.

songs sang by fans at a football grounds are not a personal attack at other fans or the clubs it's just banter between two sets of fans having a good time trying to support there team. Surley everyone that goes to football knows that. At the end of the day we were all singing for the team and i definatly had a great night watching us win and felt everyone there played a great part in that.

like someone said on here this is not rugby its football and these songs are sang by most fans at most grounds for a crack. It doesnt matter what size the club you are playing the songs are the same and the level of so called "abuse" is the same and it is a classed a good banter between the two clubs concerened. For example we had it sang at us against qpr and you didnt see anyone conplaining about it on here did you?? no because its banter.

Up the reeedddds looking forward to the youth game tonight

Archived