IGNORED

A Subforum For Player Talk... What Do You Think?

x3widRacin

Well, we have a subforum for the New Stadium... What about a subforum for chatting about players?

Right now we've got a Nick Carle, Andy Cole, Tamas Vasko, Louis Carey... Louis Carey... Louis Carey, Dele Adebola... Dele Adebola .. Dele Adebola... Ivan Sproule... etc threads all created in the last two days.

Instead of having new complaint/praise threads popping up every two days when someone logs in on a whim why not just have a forum where there can be dedicated threads for each player and all the complaints and praises can go in there and limit some of the clutter in the forums.

Just an idea. I log on to these forums all the time and try to find the motivation to contribute but there are so many threads that are just repetitive, clueless or serve no purpose that it makes it tough to want to have a proper discussion about anything!

Just maybe a tad bit more organization would go a long way I think. And good grief, when will people finally learn to read the official site *before* posting questions about whats going on? No, Enoch Showumni cannot play against us... just like it says in the press release on the official site!!!

There are plenty of threads with the potential for nice discussion it just seems like they get drowned out sometimes by the 75th different Lee Johnson thread of the month or whatever.

Thats just my opinion anyway. I don't sit here all day long refreshing the forums waiting for new messages to pop up and keeping track of where all the useful threads are hidden so maybe if you do that you won't have the same viewpoint :)

Personally, I think if we're not careful we'd simply end up having different forums for every topic. It's a Bristol City forum so discussion of it's players belongs here. The point of the subforums for new players and a new stadium is that practically all discussion is nothing more than speculation.

We could try it, but I think it's a naff idea.

Personally, I think if we're not careful we'd simply end up having different forums for every topic.

Yea :)

But maybe its better than having 16 different threads on the same thing just because people can't be bothered to use the damn search tool to or, my goodness, go to page 2 to see if the topic is already being discussed :)

Just seems like People suck at making threads for the most part. Topic titles are terrible half the time and everyone has to open a brand new topic for every thought that their brains can muster up. So instead of 10-15 meaningful discussion threads theres a handful of useful threads and a whole lot of clutter that just takes up space, drops off the page but... takes with it another thread that would have been better served staying visible as inevitably it will just be re-opened anew by someone else who logs in, doesnt see it on the front page and finds the need to post on it again :)

very funny

lets not waste valuable space on this football forum by talking about football players !

No, more like lets not have 37 topics on the same damn thing.

Its not just the players. Theres 12 topics on the current league standings and 8 topics on todays game. Thats 20 different threads that should be two different threads.

Instead of two good discussions, they are 20 broken discussions. Why can't things just be a little more organized? Why does every single brain function require a new thread being opened?

No, more like lets not have 37 topics on the same damn thing.

Its not just the players. Theres 12 topics on the current league standings and 8 topics on todays game. Thats 20 different threads that should be two different threads.

Instead of two good discussions, they are 20 broken discussions. Why can't things just be a little more organized? Why does every single brain function require a new thread being opened?

Thats what mods are for, and also stopping certain egos from feeling that they HAVE to start their own topics.

Thats what mods are for, and also stopping certain egos from feeling that they HAVE to start their own topics.

Apparently we need more of them then :)

Thats why I suggested the separate player forum, because that would be something simple that would moderate itself. If theres a separate forum for player-specific discussions, and every player had their own thread... there wouldn't be any questions about new threads :) All the threads would already be there and people would just reply in the thread of the player they want to post about. No mods needed once its set up right :)

Apparently we need more of them then :)

Thats why I suggested the separate player forum, because that would be something simple that would moderate itself. If theres a separate forum for player-specific discussions, and every player had their own thread... there wouldn't be any questions about new threads :) All the threads would already be there and people would just reply in the thread of the player they want to post about. No mods needed once its set up right :)

People would just post in the general section and they'd just have to move stuff all the time.

I feel sorry for the mods because so many people clearly think this is the case. Why should they spend their time putting things in the right place because so many people on here can't be bothered to add their input to an existing topic?

Mods should be there to moderate, not spend all day tidying up after other lazy city fans.

So then they should moderate by issuing warnings to people who create a new thread where one on the same topic already exists in plain sight, 3 strikes and your 'new topic' privileges are gone. I'd suggest something like not letting people make new topics until they've made 15-20 replies in the forums but for some people it doesnt seem to matter how 'experienced' they are they are just going to make a new topic everytime they have anything to say.

I'm not trying to say the mods are doing a bad job, its no their fault people are like this, But I think it would make for a much nicer atmosphere if things were a bit more organized, threads were a bit more on point and users didn't feel like they had free reign to do whatever they want with their posts :P

Like this thread that was just posted. http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=93749 <--- Whats the point? There are between 10-15 open threads on the first page talking about our league position. Just because this user has decided to tie in the fact that being in the championship means we're not in the JPT warrants a new thread? This thread will have 1 or 2 replies and sink into oblivion. Theres no need for a new thread everytime someone decides to change 3 words in a 20 word-long topic. Its still the same topic! :)

Archived