IGNORED

The Last Fourteen

tin

With this promotion race looking like it'll go to the wire, I've been delving into who our promotion rivals have between now and May 4th.

Watford seem to have to hardest run-in facing tough trip's to Charlton, us, Burnley and WBA as well as hosting Stoke.

West Brom have a similar average run-in to ourselves on paper with a derby test at Molineux to come as well as trips to Charlton and Cardiff whilst hosting Watford.

It pains me to say it but Stoke have the easiest run-in on paper with only us and Watford to play and slightly more games at home than away.

Going on that, I would say Stoke will be top-two with either us or WBA joining them. Obviously, it's not as cut and dried as that but it'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

Discuss.

You're assuming teams higher in the table will beat those lower down. That's not guaranteed and those fighting against relegation will raise their games, as will those who've changed managers. City drew at home Vs Colchester, a game they "should have won" but didn't. I don't think anything is cut and dried. Anyone in the top ten could go up yet.

You're assuming teams higher in the table will beat those lower down. That's not guaranteed and those fighting against relegation will raise their games, as will those who've changed managers. City drew at home Vs Colchester, a game they "should have won" but didn't. I don't think anything is cut and dried. Anyone in the top ten could go up yet.

I was going to post something similar.

In a league where every team down to Southampton in 18th will think they could make the play offs, and every one up to about Norwich in 13th will be worried about possible relegation, there will be no easy games. There isn't one side that is anchored to the foot of the league or running away at the top, so everyone has something to play for, and probably will have for at least another 10 games or so.

mmmmm, just ran the predictor and Stoke came out on top, much as i hate them their form home and away is very solid and they have a good run in... :dunno: I have us on 76 pts and Stoke on 80. we lose to Charlton/ cardiff / stoke/ saints.. and finish 4th.

nnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooo Basso and Bradley say believe and they know God personally so bugger all that :noexpression:

we are going up ( i cant stand the pray orrffss) :surrender: :surrender: :surrender:

With this promotion race looking like it'll go to the wire, I've been delving into who our promotion rivals have between now and May 4th.

Watford seem to have to hardest run-in facing tough trip's to Charlton, us, Burnley and WBA as well as hosting Stoke.

West Brom have a similar average run-in to ourselves on paper with a derby test at Molineux to come as well as trips to Charlton and Cardiff whilst hosting Watford.

It pains me to say it but Stoke have the easiest run-in on paper with only us and Watford to play and slightly more games at home than away.

Going on that, I would say Stoke will be top-two with either us or WBA joining them. Obviously, it's not as cut and dried as that but it'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

Discuss.

Glass half empty brigade will soon be saying I told you so . I knew we would be promoted .

All in with a chance , its about holding our nerve . Brom and Watford are expected from day 1 to be the teams going up and think they obviously have more to lose as US and Stoke are over achieving this season . If there we would both bite the premiership hands off . Years of failure and disappointment ended last season and with the run continuing this season alongwith plans for the new ground , stand up and be proud - we are Bristol City .

Glass half empty brigade will soon be saying I told you so . I knew we would be promoted .

All in with a chance , its about holding our nerve . Brom and Watford are expected from day 1 to be the teams going up and think they obviously have more to lose as US and Stoke are over achieving this season . If there we would both bite the premiership hands off . Years of failure and disappointment ended last season and with the run continuing this season alongwith plans for the new ground , stand up and be proud - we are Bristol City .

I'm not saying anything's set in stone yet just highlighting what games our rivals have left.

Of course, we're all in with a chance. Stoke may have the easiest run-in on paper but I think they've peaked too early and will hit a rough patch soon. On the other hand, WBA are in a rough patch at the moment and with an average looking run-in, I'd expect them to get a second wind and secure a top-two berth given the quality within their squad. Watford look to have the hardest run-in but are winning ugly, like us at the moment.

It's going to go to the wire but I still reckon around 84pts will secure top-two.

It's all still very much up in the air. As we know ourselves it can be the oddest of games that trip up teams at the top (like us last year losing at home to league two-bound Bradford late on) so I personally put no real weight on the 'big' fixtures till they are coming up next. The Scunny win this week is the sort of crucial result we need.

Last year our game against Forest at home was meant to decide who would get promoted. It end up 1-1 and did nothing of the sort. In fact they took 4 points off us and didn't get up. Last year Arsenal took the most points from the other top 4 and never came close to winning. It's about more than just the high-profile games.

Behind City I think I could happily swallow WBA going up automatically - they are the best side I've seen by far down at the Gate this season and deserve to go up.

Stoke are a terrible side and, like watford, win games physically rather than by playing football. I really believe we deserve it more than either of them.

If we can win our remaining home games - all 7 of them - we will surely go up. Lets make Ashton Gate the place no-one likes to come; only 2 sides have beaten us at home out of 16 that have tried.

COME ON THE CITY!!!!! :englandsmile4wf:

Archived