IGNORED

Hi There Stoke Fan Here, I Come In Peace.

CillaBlacksPissFlaps

Great to see you and us doing so well this season, I think it's great that we are upsetting the odds and mixing it with the so called big guns of the division.

I was listening to Talk Sport this morning and was absolutely seething when one of the jumped up tosspots said it would be a disaster if Stoke City and Bristol City were to gain promotion and that it woud get this"Spoil the Premiership" if we were to get promotion, Surely if we both go up and I really hope we both do then we have deserved the right to be up there on merit, it was a flipping disgrace what they said and they are just affraid of change and would rather the Watford's, Charlton's and West Brazil's go up than see us two succeed.

I really hope we finish top two now and really upset the media and the odds to boot.

Good result for you lot last night, I really do keep thinking that you will slip up at some stage and you just keep going as are we at the moment to which is great credit to what you have done this season.

All the best for the rest etc (Apart from the game at Stoke) and hope to see you in the top tier next season with us both finishing top two, us top (of course) you second (of course) :laugh:.

Fair play.

Wouldn't surprise me if we both finished top-two, especially given your relatively easy run-in.

Works in our favour though if people keep underestimating us as the only time people were talking us up as favourites in a big game (Boro in the Cup), we didn't perform.

Fair play.

Wouldn't surprise me if we both finished top-two, especially given your relatively easy run-in.

Works in our favour though if people keep underestimating us as the only time people were talking us up as favourites in a big game (Boro in the Cup), we didn't perform.

Certainly does work in our favour and really the less press and attention we both get the better, just hope we beat Scunny on Friday night now to send us top. If only for a day.

Think it might be linked to how good a manager Tony Pulis is...

You can't knock the job TP has done at Stoke whether you love him or loath him.

And for the record he didn't say Charlton were one of the four in the four horse race to reach the premiership, he said West Brazil, Watford, Brizzle City and us. It's a miss quote and is in our local rag as saying you lot.

You can't knock the job TP has done at Stoke whether you love him or loath him.

And for the record he didn't say Charlton were one of the four in the four horse race to reach the premiership, he said West Brazil, Watford, Brizzle City and us. It's a miss quote and is in our local rag as saying you lot.

fair enough. still hate the guy.

Guest Garfunkle

i listened to the comments on stokes match last night and it was made clear that the only time you lot looked like scoring was from set-peices and that in open play saints were as good if not better than you.

fair play you are getting results but pulis' style must be so boring to watch

i listened to the comments on stokes match last night and it was made clear that the only time you lot looked like scoring was from set-peices and that in open play saints were as good if not better than you.

First half we hammered them and yes we did score three goals off three corners which is great and our long throw we have works a treat too but we do play some cracking football at times too which does go un noticed, you can't be second top scorers in the division scoring 55 goals and be boring mate whatever you say. We score three or four quite often, colchester have scored more than you lot, now that has to be boring.

Back to the point though in the 2nd half southampton had nowt to lose and had a real go at us but we soaked it up and got the points.

First half we hammered them and yes we did score three goals off three corners which is great and our long throw we have works a treat too but we do play some cracking football at times too which does go un noticed, you can't be second top scorers in the division scoring 55 goals and be boring mate whatever you say. We score three or four quite often, colchester have scored more than you lot, now that has to be boring.

Back to the point though in the 2nd half southampton had nowt to lose and had a real go at us but we soaked it up and got the points.

Remind me where colchester are and where we are??!

Pulis can feek off as he is nothing but a pure @r53hole

stoke are having a good season as well as us. How were you able to spend 5 million in the last transfer window? Are you banking on promotion? if you don't get it, are you going to be in financial trouble? Also, it seems to me that Fuller is your main (only) threat? If anything happens to him do you think your results will suffer?

Si.

if watford and west brom do what all pundits are saying, (ie both go up auto), do we fancy a little rematch at wembley anyone?? check your history books on what happened last time we played at the great stadium.

Time for sweet revenge?? oooh yes please!!

Nahhh come on Nik.... we can't settle for play offs now we have the candles!!!!

Believe in top 2!!!! No play offs needed!!!

Also, it seems to me that Fuller is your main (only) threat? If anything happens to him do you think your results will suffer?

Si.

Interesting comment that Si, because Fuller received his 9th booking of the season last night and must avoid yellow cards during Stoke's next couple of games, whereafter the FA's yellow card amnesty kicks-in, or receive a two match ban.

See: http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=24167

stoke are having a good season as well as us. How were you able to spend 5 million in the last transfer window? Are you banking on promotion? if you don't get it, are you going to be in financial trouble? Also, it seems to me that Fuller is your main (only) threat? If anything happens to him do you think your results will suffer?

Si.

We spent so heavily in the window becuase we had the funds in the bank to do so and made our loan signing's into permanent signings, apart from our chairman being a very wealthy man in owning bet 365 we had sold Danny Higginbotham to Sunderland for £3M, Carl Hoefkens to WBA for £750.000, Darrel Russell To Norwich for £425.000 and Martin Patterson to Scunny for £400.000 oh and John Eustace to Watford for £250.000 which equates to £4.975m so we have just re invested from players sold and we are still looking to strngthen with a couple of loan players but until the 22nd.

As for Ricci Fuller, the best in the CCC by far we also have scored 16 between our two centre halves who have 8 a peice plus Cresswell with 9 and lawence with 9 so we do ok for goals we don't just rely on fuller.

if watford and west brom do what all pundits are saying, (ie both go up auto), do we fancy a little rematch at wembley anyone?? check your history books on what happened last time we played at the great stadium.

Time for sweet revenge?? oooh yes please!!

We are the only team to have a 100% record at the old wembley stadium so don't think that would change at the new one.

Which is why I think you'll get one of the promotion places.

I can't stand Pulis just like the vast majority of BCFC fans, but best of luck to your club - I'd rather see you and us promoted automatically than a "big" yoyo club, if only to p!ss on the chips of the "experts, pundits and Premiership groupies."

100% Agree with you cynic it would be great if only for one season.

Good luck to you.

Interesting to hear some of the comments on here regarding Stoke. I understand why you hate Pulis, he did a god awful job at Bristol City, and combined with his apparent affection with Rovers (he made some remark about taking a team in blue to the Gate) he's been a bit of a fool as far as City are concerned. And Pulis said it was a 4 horse race between the top 4, he didn't leave Bristol City out at all, that's just paranoia.

What i feel i must take umbridge with is this "Stoke lump it forward" nonsense. I've seen Bristol City quite a few times this season and, unless i'm missing something, you're not shy in putting your toe through it yourself. This season both Showumni & now Adebola have been deployed up front, and these players are hardly talented are they? They are battering rams, just like Mamady Sidibe is for Stoke. It seems to me that you go apoplectic when the press leave you out (little club syndrome, though Bristol City are nothing of the sort), and yet you are quick to believe this myth about the way Stoke play. At the start of the season we were horrible, but in fairness we had no players to do anything else. We brought a new team pretty much and i think you might have a shock when we play each other.

As far as Wembley is concerned. I think if you asked any Stok efan if right now they'd take Bristol City at Wembley in the play-off final, they'd snatch their hands off.

All the best for the remainder of this season.

Interesting to hear some of the comments on here regarding Stoke. I understand why you hate Pulis, he did a god awful job at Bristol City, and combined with his apparent affection with Rovers (he made some remark about taking a team in blue to the Gate) he's been a bit of a fool as far as City are concerned. And Pulis said it was a 4 horse race between the top 4, he didn't leave Bristol City out at all, that's just paranoia.

What i feel i must take umbridge with is this "Stoke lump it forward" nonsense. I've seen Bristol City quite a few times this season and, unless i'm missing something, you're not shy in putting your toe through it yourself. This season both Showumni & now Adebola have been deployed up front, and these players are hardly talented are they? They are battering rams, just like Mamady Sidibe is for Stoke. It seems to me that you go apoplectic when the press leave you out (little club syndrome, though Bristol City are nothing of the sort), and yet you are quick to believe this myth about the way Stoke play. At the start of the season we were horrible, but in fairness we had no players to do anything else. We brought a new team pretty much and i think you might have a shock when we play each other.

As far as Wembley is concerned. I think if you asked any Stok efan if right now they'd take Bristol City at Wembley in the play-off final, they'd snatch their hands off.

All the best for the remainder of this season.

Bristol City Fans..... the Stoke boys came on here in peace like Cilla said !!!

Whether we like Pulis or not give em some respect. They're having a great season like we are so lets just enjoy FFS. I couldn't give a monkeys who notices how well we (and Stoke) are doing, just hope to hell we keep it up. For the record, I think Stoke are a great club and in a similar situation to ourselves in that they have a smaller grubbier neighbour in the city (although Vale did once beat the sags in the play offs courtesy of Mr Earle).

Happy days ;)

We spent so heavily in the window becuase we had the funds in the bank to do so and made our loan signing's into permanent signings, apart from our chairman being a very wealthy man in owning bet 365 we had sold Danny Higginbotham to Sunderland for £3M, Carl Hoefkens to WBA for £750.000, Darrel Russell To Norwich for £425.000 and Martin Patterson to Scunny for £400.000 oh and John Eustace to Watford for £250.000 which equates to £4.975m so we have just re invested from players sold and we are still looking to strngthen with a couple of loan players but until the 22nd.

As for Ricci Fuller, the best in the CCC by far we also have scored 16 between our two centre halves who have 8 a peice plus Cresswell with 9 and lawence with 9 so we do ok for goals we don't just rely on fuller.

How much of a percentage did Tony piss flaps take?

I think TP's kickback is to have his son on the payroll for no apparent reason, although he has recently farmed him out to Rovers, presumably to knock another nail or 2 into Port Fail's relegation coffin (snigger!)

For obvious reasons I would be chuffed if both of us got promoted, just for the fact that I could go to a game in a taxi and have a few beers! That said, your run-in looks by far the hardest of the teams contesting automatic promotion so if you do get it then you will most certainly deserve it!

I think the myth that we are a one man team (albeit what a man!) is one that has seen many teams come a cropper against us this season. We have goals throughout the side (and plenty of them!) and play decent stuff when the opportunity presents itself. I think the ability to mix it up is essential in any side aspiring promotion team. We have come a long way from that shambles that turned up at your place in the autumn.

Good luck... But not too much ;)

Bristol Stokie

To be fair we were hanging on a bit against Southampton at home, a very pacey side.

Archived