IGNORED

Never Ever Underestimate The Power Of A Candle!

shantrb

In this modern age of Solar power, Wind Power, Nuclear Power Stations Power Rangers etc etc..... I entered the away end last night expecting a white hot atmosphere amid the tension of a vital promotion v relegation clash.

What I found was a quite astounding.... 20 odd candles burning brightly shimmering against a freezing inky black night sky.

They were strategically placed on a wall immediatly behind the goal..safely guarded by Basso in front and the 444 faithful fans at the rear.

The sight before myself and four mates was truly a "miracle" Gone was the tension, gone was the fear, gone was any trepidation... In front of our eyes was a mass ( journalistic licence) of young and old City fans....mother and sons..father and sons, couples ..old men,young men. even Bradley Orr's dad wanted one !!!!!

They were all holding at arm's reach...... wait for it........LIGHTED CANDLES !!!!

It seemed like we were in a "holy place" serenity and confidence shone out from each and every candle

Was I in Bristol or Westminster Cathredral ? no it was Scunny's away shack !! but it felt so so good!

Everyone suddenly BELIEVED!!!!

and............. then.... the BAR STEWARDS STEPPED IN AND MADE US BLOW EM OUT!!!!!!!

(even tried to pinch em later)

Untill the end when the bar stewards were protecting the pitch which enabled those who had not been ejected/ had their candles stolen from them were able to light them up at the end..........our Messiah and his Disciples waved their approval in the customary way.

N.B. orr's goal " floated in at the "candle end" right in front of us..... attracted by "the light" no doubt.

YOU CANT BEAT CANDLE POWER!

YOU REDS!!!!!

In this modern age of Solar power, Wind Power, Nuclear Power Stations Power Rangers etc etc..... I entered the away end last night expecting a white hot atmosphere amid the tension of a vital promotion v relegation clash.

What I found was a quite astounding.... 20 odd candles burning brightly shimmering against a freezing inky black night sky.

They were strategically placed on a wall immediatly behind the goal..safely guarded by Basso in front and the 444 faithful fans at the rear.

The sight before myself and four mates was truly a "miracle" Gone was the tension, gone was the fear, gone was any trepidation... In front of our eyes was a mass ( journalistic licence) of young and old City fans....mother and sons..father and sons, couples ..old men,young men. even Bradley Orr's dad wanted one !!!!!

They were all holding at arm's reach...... wait for it........LIGHTED CANDLES !!!!

It seemed like we were in a "holy place" serenity and confidence shone out from each and every candle

Was I in Bristol or Westminster Cathredral ? no it was Scunny's away shack !! but it felt so so good!

Everyone suddenly BELIEVED!!!!

and............. then.... the BAR STEWARDS STEPPED IN AND MADE US BLOW EM OUT!!!!!!!

(even tried to pinch em later)

Untill the end when the bar stewards were protecting the pitch which enabled those who had not been ejected/ had their candles stolen from them were able to light them up at the end..........our Messiah and his Disciples waved their approval in the customary way.

N.B. orr's goal " floated in at the "candle end" right in front of us..... attracted by "the light" no doubt.

YOU CANT BEAT CANDLE POWER!

YOU REDS!!!!!

Well done Brian!

I'm convinced that the efforts of you, Adam and your mates were the inspiration for the three points last night.

Thanks for making it such a great evening, despite the bar stewards.

Redtucks.

Archived