IGNORED

Chris Kamara

BITW

He seems to have a lot of positive things to say about us...

Oh and apparently Pulis did not include us as promotion contenders....

"Tony Pulis said this week that his Stoke side were one of four teams in the hunt for the automatic promotion spots in the Championship.

He named West Brom, Watford and Charlton as their rivals for the top two places, missing Bristol City out, despite the fact that, as I write, they are in possession of second spot.

The perception is that City won't last the pace and it's up to Gary Johnson and his players to change that perception by carrying on their magnificent form and picking up results.

Their run in the Championship has just been relentless. You keep expecting their form to level out, but it hasn't and you've got to give credit to Gary for the job he's done.

At the start of the season, not many people expected them to be this high up the table and it has all been achieved through consistency and hard work. Man for man they are not as strong as some of the sides around them, but in this game it's the team that gets you promoted, not the individuals.

I would say there are definitely five teams in the hunt for automatic promotion and I would certainly not write Bristol City off.

Ipswich fans might argue there is a sixth team in the hunt, but I think the top two will be just beyond their reach because their away record has let them down. But now that they've started to win on the road, even they might fancy themselves for the automatic places. Nothing is closed off in that division.

But I don't think we have ever been in a situation where we've got into February and the lead is changing so regularly. It's quite amazing really.

Wait and see

Bristol City didn't spend that much money in January and that is why some people think they might fall off a bit, but they have continued to defy all expectations.

We will have to wait and see if the failure to bring in new faces will prove to be costly, but at the moment all evidence suggests that they will be right up there in the mix for the automatic spots in May.

Gary's philosophy is to try and play good football. He likes to pass it around, he doesn't want to see his sides lumping it and they seem to be benefiting from that.

Their home record has been massive for them and if they can carry on playing consistently well at home until the end of the season then they will definitely be in the play-offs. And if they start to pick up a few more wins away - as they did the other night against S****horpe - then the top two is definitely not beyond them.

They are quite far behind their rivals in terms of goal difference and that is important, but at the end of the day Gary won't worry too much about that. He'll tell his players to go out and win the league by a point.

It's hard to pick out individual players, but Darren Byfield has impressed me with the job he's done for them. He came in on a free at the start of the season and has scored plenty of goals.

Bradley Orr has been a colossus at the back, the goalkeeper Adriano Basso has been fantastic and Lee Johnson is in the team because he's a good player, not because he's a manager's son.

Team ethic

So there are plenty of talented players there, but their success has been built around their team ethic.

If the season finished tomorrow it would be hard to name anybody else other than Gary Johnson as manager of the season, but there is still a long way to go and he won't want to win that award unless he's been successful with the team.

They play Crystal Palace in front of the Sky Sports cameras on Monday and we mustn't forget that they were struggling in the relegation places when Neil Warnock took over.

Neil told me in November that this is the hardest job he's ever had in football, but look at the position he's put them into. Much like Gary Johnson he has done brilliantly and raised expectation levels.

Instead of looking at survival this season, they're now looking at the play-off places, so it should be another cracking game.

But they will all be good games between now and the end of the season because there are so many teams with so much to play for.

Things are going to fluctuate and change between now and May and there is a fantastic end to the season in prospect."

He seems to have a lot of positive things to say about us...

Oh and apparently Pulis did not include us as promotion contenders....

"Tony Pulis said this week that his Stoke side were one of four teams in the hunt for the automatic promotion spots in the Championship.

He named West Brom, Watford and Charlton as their rivals for the top two places, missing Bristol City out, despite the fact that, as I write, they are in possession of second spot.

The perception is that City won't last the pace and it's up to Gary Johnson and his players to change that perception by carrying on their magnificent form and picking up results.

Their run in the Championship has just been relentless. You keep expecting their form to level out, but it hasn't and you've got to give credit to Gary for the job he's done.

At the start of the season, not many people expected them to be this high up the table and it has all been achieved through consistency and hard work. Man for man they are not as strong as some of the sides around them, but in this game it's the team that gets you promoted, not the individuals.

I would say there are definitely five teams in the hunt for automatic promotion and I would certainly not write Bristol City off.

Ipswich fans might argue there is a sixth team in the hunt, but I think the top two will be just beyond their reach because their away record has let them down. But now that they've started to win on the road, even they might fancy themselves for the automatic places. Nothing is closed off in that division.

But I don't think we have ever been in a situation where we've got into February and the lead is changing so regularly. It's quite amazing really.

Wait and see

Bristol City didn't spend that much money in January and that is why some people think they might fall off a bit, but they have continued to defy all expectations.

We will have to wait and see if the failure to bring in new faces will prove to be costly, but at the moment all evidence suggests that they will be right up there in the mix for the automatic spots in May.

Gary's philosophy is to try and play good football. He likes to pass it around, he doesn't want to see his sides lumping it and they seem to be benefiting from that.

Their home record has been massive for them and if they can carry on playing consistently well at home until the end of the season then they will definitely be in the play-offs. And if they start to pick up a few more wins away - as they did the other night against S****horpe - then the top two is definitely not beyond them.

They are quite far behind their rivals in terms of goal difference and that is important, but at the end of the day Gary won't worry too much about that. He'll tell his players to go out and win the league by a point.

It's hard to pick out individual players, but Darren Byfield has impressed me with the job he's done for them. He came in on a free at the start of the season and has scored plenty of goals.

Bradley Orr has been a colossus at the back, the goalkeeper Adriano Basso has been fantastic and Lee Johnson is in the team because he's a good player, not because he's a manager's son.

Team ethic

So there are plenty of talented players there, but their success has been built around their team ethic.

If the season finished tomorrow it would be hard to name anybody else other than Gary Johnson as manager of the season, but there is still a long way to go and he won't want to win that award unless he's been successful with the team.

They play Crystal Palace in front of the Sky Sports cameras on Monday and we mustn't forget that they were struggling in the relegation places when Neil Warnock took over.

Neil told me in November that this is the hardest job he's ever had in football, but look at the position he's put them into. Much like Gary Johnson he has done brilliantly and raised expectation levels.

Instead of looking at survival this season, they're now looking at the play-off places, so it should be another cracking game.

But they will all be good games between now and the end of the season because there are so many teams with so much to play for.

Things are going to fluctuate and change between now and May and there is a fantastic end to the season in prospect."

Without getting into a Pulis thread he has little understanding of psycology if he is using that to put the players and our fans off of the run in . If anything it will wind up and spur on the players while I've never met a City fan who has ever liked Pulis . What he has done at Stoke is great from a professional point of view but to you and me he is , and will ever be a d*ck*ead .

What a great reception he will get from us up there in a couple of months when they have dipped and with us still there .

Whoooosh football , I wonder where he learnt that .

It was actually SKY SPORTS who misquoted Pulis and (accidentally??) included Charlton rather than us in the four. There is going to be so much egg on so many media faces if we did happen to achieve the "impossible". It would be fantastic if it did happen because to get their revenge on us there would be a massive media circus surrounding our club in the close season with snide comments/predictions of:-

Lowest points total

Lowest goals scored

Highest goals conceded

Will one of the big four stick "double figures" past them?

Should they really be allowed in the Premiership?

League 1 players in the Premiership

Mocking Basso's religion (as Bristol City keeper he will need God behind him!!)

etc. etc.

I can't wait myself!!

Guest MaloneFM
Lowest points total

Lowest goals scored

Highest goals conceded

Will one of the big four stick "double figures" past them?

Should they really be allowed in the Premiership?

League 1 players in the Premiership

Mocking Basso's religion (as Bristol City keeper he will need God behind him!!)

etc. etc.

41 million....42 million...43 million...sorry wasn't paying attention...you were saying?

Is Kamara a City fan in disguise? Most of what he says is spot on, but he seems to write a lot of articles on city. Only the other week i read in the sun goals section an article called 'magic johnson' and it brought a tear to my eye!

I only hope he's right and we can cross the line into the Prem :fingerscrossed:

I believe! :winner_third_h4h:

I think kamara usually just states the obvious. And what really annoys me is that he keeps going on about the fact we spent little during the transfer window.

The guy only rates big name players and will always say that the teams with 'big name' players are better.

Wanna elaborate, Alex? The article looked pretty coherent to me :rolleyes:

As someone before says he states the obvious, isn't particularly interesting and I don't agree with some of his points.

He says he is impressed with Byfield a lot. He ignores Elliott, McIndoe, Carey, Sproule etc who have been much more important to our push. To me it looks like he looked at who our top scorer is and just fitted him in without knowing too much more.

I've seen loads of articles by him in the past where he hasn't know too much about our club- I'll see if I can dig some up.

As someone before says he states the obvious, isn't particularly interesting and I don't agree with some of his points.

He says he is impressed with Byfield a lot. He ignores Elliott, McIndoe, Carey, Sproule etc who have been much more important to our push. To me it looks like he looked at who our top scorer is and just fitted him in without knowing too much more.

I've seen loads of articles by him in the past where he hasn't know too much about our club- I'll see if I can dig some up.

I'm with you there, he doesent include all of our key players by any means, however, I think he is one of a few who gives us credit for where we are.

Exactly the point I was trying to get over in my earlier post.

Fair point, i kinda see what you mean, but the players he mentioned have done well, i suppose he could have mentioned all the squad as everyone has been amazing, maybe he reached his word count on the article?

I sure would hope he does more than just glance over the results, its evident he loves football, and get excited when teams like us upset the odds, footy fans and journos are going to have to sit up and take note of what is happening here, and yeah, mention more of our players in thir articles!

I too think this is journo ego stiffening... I do like Kamara but his post is bleedin obvious. But to not mention Marvin, Carey, McIndoe etc etc over Byfield (god bless him) does go to show his researchers have picked up the 'Bristol City by numbers' success story so far this season... But - By doing what we are doing gets us noticed... The longer we do it the more likely journos are going to be writing City players (Manager JG) names in the stars (The sun etc)... It's certainly better than a few lines written in the mists of the back page a few times each season...

Archived