IGNORED

Fountain Of Youth

double-trouble

Valentines day and er indoors has bought me as a treat a sherbert fountain ( you remember the ones with the liquorice stick ) . After getting over the shock and searching the house for a present that was more substantial it got me thinking of my younger days , again .

What else did we get as kids to suck and chew on after school .

A 10p mix up would last all night as kids and included various flavour mojos , fruit salads , blackjacks , twizzlers , sherbert saucers , cheroots and many more .

What were your memories and favourites , some are still around while some are making a comeback ?

Valentines day and er indoors has bought me as a treat a sherbert fountain ( you remember the ones with the liquorice stick ) . After getting over the shock and searching the house for a present that was more substantial it got me thinking of my younger days , again .

A 10p mix up would last all night as kids and included various flavour mojos , fruit salads , blackjacks , twizzlers , sherbert saucers , cheroots and many more .

What were your memories and favourites , some are still around while some are making a comeback ?

ve just been to Woolies after work and they do a wicked pick n mix all the kiddies sweets you can think f chocolate mice, sweet bananas, pear drops the works!! Lovely jubbly!!

Spangles - There was Old English Flavour (or something like that) which included aniseed, eucalyptus flavours etc.

Texan Bars

Splicer

Caramac

Pink Panther Chocolate

Nutty Bar

Spacedust

Various flavours of bon-bons

Sweet peanuts

Kop kops

Midget Gems

Tooty Fruities and my favs for a long time Tooty Minties ( long time gone )

Pacers

Guest MaloneFM

Charlie, Bolivian marching powder, disco biscuits, smac....oh SWEETS?

When you said 'the white stuff' naturally I thought...you know...'creative' meetings on Bath road and all that.

Charlie, Bolivian marching powder, disco biscuits, smac....oh SWEETS?

When you said 'the white stuff' naturally I thought...you know...'creative' meetings on Bath road and all that.

Treasure Island Sweets (?) in St Nicks Market sell all the old sweets... It's amazing!!!! Things like Teacakes, Rhubarb & Custard, Strawberry & Cream, Chewing Tobacco etc!!!

If you like old style sweets, then this place is a must!!!

Treasure Island Sweets (?) in St Nicks Market sell all the old sweets... It's amazing!!!! Things like Teacakes, Rhubarb & Custard, Strawberry & Cream, Chewing Tobacco etc!!!

If you like old style sweets, then this place is a must!!!

coconut mushrooms , chewing nuts , cherry lips and parma violets .

Bazooka's ( remember the joke / cartoon inside if you opened the wrapper carefully ) and Hubbly Bubbly

What about those cigarettes we use to buy as kids . No not the candy white ones in a spiderman pictured cardboard but the chocolate ones covered in a rice paper . They had a lovely taste .

Guest DrFaustus

If a woman buys you sherbert, you aint supposed to eat it from the packet. Try err...other places, it excites them, apparently :whistle2:

Edit: As does space dust

The Milky Bars are on Uncle Rog.....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM8h7Yc3zfc (the original kid)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QEh4Wh7k8V8 (knowing you, the milky bar kid.. Aha!!)

(...ps Milky Bar ads are back (saw one last night) ..but is the 'kid' now a girl? :dunno: )

& Cadbury's Smash is still around of course ... remember these little fellas?.. :)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zbU2PY8PI9w

Who would buy the ice pops from the local shop on the way home from school . Small ones for 5p and the large ones for 10p.

What about those cigarettes we use to buy as kids . No not the candy white ones in a spiderman pictured cardboard but the chocolate ones covered in a rice paper . They had a lovely taste .

They are there also.

I liked Astros when i was a little younger - don't know what happened to them.

They are there also.

I liked Astros when i was a little younger - don't know what happened to them.

She's a good un .

Or maybe she's taking the pis* .

Shopping done and she's got a little prezzie at the bottom of the carrier .

A quarter of the white and a quarter of the brown chocolate drops with the hundreds and thousands on them .

What are they called ?? Was it Jazzies or Drizzles ??

Apoplogies as I thought she'd dipped into them on the way home , she's suitably informed me they are a hundred grams each .

Archived