IGNORED

Scudamore Should Resign Now

Midge

I might have agreed with you at the begining of the season, but now, with Villa doing well, Manchester City doing well at least for the start of the season, I think competition is coming back. I really believe that the end of the 4 club super league which plays out each season at the top of the prem will, sooner rather than later come to an end.

I also recon that it will come to an end with the premier league getting so much international recognition that all clubs are bought out by multi multi billionaires willing to throw money at the clubs to see them compete.

I believe that this will undoubtably cause the premier league to become so powerful with each of the 20 clubs having so much money that no newly promoted clubs will have a chance to compete.

Then it would only be a matter of time before millionaires start buying championship clubs, in an attempt to cmpete with the big boys, just for less bucks, a few may succeed, and be bought out, but many will fail, and be sold on, with the owners finding ways to leave their debts with the clubs.

Clubs then start collapsing into administration as their owners leave them, and plummet through the leagues, and out of any recognition.

The owners of the then premier league clubs then get worried, and pay the 'corrupt' FA into making the premier league a closed shop system, no relegations anymore (maybe if a club loses its billionaire backers it will be bought out and moved to another city).

At the same time teams will disperse to where there are the greatest fan bases, where they have the greatest appeal, where they can make the most money.

Bristol finally gets a premiership club (for the second time after their 2007/08 promotion as champions) but they're not Bristol City or Bristol Rovers, they're Bristol United, formed from Fulham, who collapsed after Chelsea took over that area of London.

And we reach a system similar to that of the NHL/NFL/MLB with drafts, in an attempt (and if thier leagues are anything to go by a successful one) to make the Premier League fair again.

So thats where I see football going in the next few years/decades, unless someone does something to try and change it.

some of that is already happening, except the millionaire owners buy the club with huge loans, then transfer that debt to the club's balance sheet.

Guest MaloneFM
So thats where I see football going in the next few years/decades, unless someone does something to try and change it.

And given the massive amounts of money to be laundered through these clubs I don't think it will be Mr Gordon Blue Brown do you?

I also think that mesa boogie was onto something when she said that we should start moving the charity shield abroad; if we could make that more competitive then I think that would be the perfect way of trying to carry out this plan.

mesa boogie is a she?

i thought it was a he

you'll be saying she's a filthy gashead next

mesa boogie is a she?

i thought it was a he

It was the two men hugging in his signiture...I mean fine have it there if its two football players celebrating something, but I think they both retired from football a while back...its just two men gaying it up a bit.

That led me to the assumption that this person was either gay or a woman, I chose the lesser of the two accusations (in my opinion, not that theres anything wrong with the other one, just thats the immediate assumption I made...its not like I'm calling all gasheads gay or anything, and even if I was, that thier choice, and we shouldn't judge them becuse of it)

Think I covered myself pretty well there

It was the two men hugging in his signiture...I mean fine have it there if its two football players celebrating something, but I think they both retarded from football a while back...its just two men gaying it up a bit.

That led me to the assumption that this person was either gay or a woman, I chose the lesser of the two accusations (in my opinion, not that theres anything wrong with the other one, just thats the immediate assumption I made...its not like I'm calling all gasheads gay or anything, and even if I was, that thier choice, and we shouldn't judge them becuse of it)

Think I covered myself pretty well there

I changed a word for you

no need to thank me!

Guest mesa boogie
mesa boogie is a she?

i thought it was a he

First I've heard, ah well thanks for telling me I'm off to look at myself in the mirror.

Guest MaloneFM

Can I add you are a stout fellow colonel Bogey of the highest order. Never mind the two chappies gaying each other up in the picture. I'm sure you added that as a warning to the younger members on here that this sort of persona has a filthy black heart.

Its not the mirror you should be looking at Colonel its society. They comes over here etc...

We all need to look at what attracts us to football to judge whether this is a good idea or not.

I think that a good football league is one that:

"Provides fair and equitable competition to all teams in the league and provides the opportunity for fans of that team to be entertained by the league games".

There's not much more that a league has to provide. So, how does this Premier League idea stack up under my definition?

"Fair and Equitable" - Nope. They are seriously suggesting that the 39th game will be played between seeded teams. That is, the attraction of ManUre must not be up against the attraction of Arse. How anyone in competitive sport can possibly suggest this, is beyond me completely.

"Fans of that team to be entertained" - Nope. How can anyone seriously suggest that Wigan fans will travel to Beijing to see one game. Ain't going to happen.

This is an ignoble suggestion by Scudamore that smacks of corporate greed. What worries me the most is that they don't see how inequitable this is. This is nothing less than the attempted murder of competitive sport.

Yes he is. being a city fan he should know about the gap between the prem and the lower leagues financially. This would only make that gap huge. I'm very embarrassed that he is a city fan.

If he ever came to ashton gate, I can only expect a bad recpetion for him.

back in the real world, some of us realise this isnt the brainchild of one man - its the product of probably 10 lobbying chairman who see the $$$$££££ signs in their eyes at the thought of playing 39th game abroad. If Scudamore doesnt suggest it, the next guy will.

Only way football will change if is fans demand change - and stop accepting that their "heros" can be worth more per week than they earn a year.

But we wont, because nobody in the media tells us to - because the media control the same TV money that makes the players and chairman so greedy in the first place.

Archived