IGNORED

Poor Form Sees Warnock Blood Youngsters

Blagdon red

For me this game hinges on one or two things:

City need to play football and, for that reason, I hope GJ sticks to 4-4-1-1.That formation retains possession and when we do that we play well.OK, if we sign a quality pacey guy on loan then we can think again, however, especially as Brooker looks like spending at least another month at Cheltenham, we don't have a combination that will alow us to play two up front, unless Enoch returns and fancies combining with Adebola as he did with a fit Brooker.That combination won't be GJ's first choice whatever happens

As impact players, Byfield & Trundle have had some good games and Byfield's scored some vital goals from the bench (Watford & Barnsley were worth four points)

Carle & Johnson are due a goal each, as is McIndoe and tomorrow night would be a great place to start.

We need to play on the floor at high tempo and keep it that way.An early goal or two could open the floodgates, but Palace will be robust opponents and it could be another nervous 90 minutes & a narrow win.

One things for sure, whoosh football will play right into Warnock's hands.

The other area that could decide the result is how our central defence handle Morrison & Scowcroft and, for that reason, I hope Carey's back.

An early goal for City and hopefully you'll see Palace's resolve crumble. If the players need any inspiration then they only need to look out for all the candles in the stands. With thousands watching on TV Johnson has the perfect platform to show all those at home why they should ensure AG is sold out until the end of the seasom.

Archived