IGNORED

Who Is Our Penalty Taker

PAPA650

Quote me if I'm wrong but did'nt brads have a bad penalty before ??

so who was our normal penalty taker ? thought mcindoe johnson or trundle would be better penalty takers than bradley orr !!!!!!!! superb keeper ! but both shots straight at the keeper so not my 1st choice penalty taker if i was the gaffer (even philips could have saved them :laugh: just jokin) got to add their goal was clearly handball cheating gits but a point each is fair result. poor carl had a shadow on his back would like to sign him very good marking, but result only shows we need more fire power up front to put a stronger push 4 auto and I'm not saying we cant this division is wide open for any team to win with a good run of results and luck mind :fingerscrossed:

I wanted to see Trundle take it. Would have been the perfect opportunity for him to get a goal and if he would have scored it then it would have done his confidence the world of good. And well if he would have missed his confidence can't get much lower can it.

I wanted to see Trundle take it. Would have been the perfect opportunity for him to get a goal and if he would have scored it then it would have done his confidence the world of good. And well if he would have missed his confidence can't get much lower can it.

Agree.... said myself that i thought Trundle would have been better taking it, could have been the goal he needs.

Orr's taken three pens this season and scored the first two. But that's only because the keepers went the wrong way. The pens were bloody awful! And this one just showed that if the keeper goes the right way then it's easily saved.

Would have thought that would be his last pen, somehow.

Trundle took all of Swansea's pen's last season and missed one or two from memory.

McIndoe scored about ten goals for Wolves in the second half of the season of which most of them were pen's. He missed one for them, in the play-off semi against West Brom which would've seen them at Wembley.

My point is, I don't understand why Bradley Orr has the urge to snatch the ball off any player who wants it like some selfish kid on the playground. Fair play, he's got the bottle to take it but everyone of his pen's have been dire. I remember two that the keeper's got hands to and they just about trickled over the line.

Now if you've got a £1m striker who's got 3 goals to his name all season and obviously lacking confidence, why not give him the chance to boost that by taking a pen in front of the Atyeo, live on Sky? I reckon the stage was set for him to reignite his season and he'd have relished doing it in front of the watching millions. Even if he did have it saved I dare say he'd have gobbled up the rebound instead of smacking it straight at Speroni.

There are times when keepers pull off stunning double saves from pens, but frankly i'm not even going to glorify that by calling it a double save, it was that bad speroni hadn't even moved when bradders wacked the ball straight at him from about 4 yards. That is probably the single worst pen / rebound i've ever had the misfortune to see in the flesh, i suppose at least he hit the target. If you are not good eough to stick it right in the corners i don't know why players try to place it, just ###### lace the ball hard as you can and it will usually be unstoppable.

You score some you miss some. Even the best miss penaltys and Brads scored pressure pens before (Yeovil last season?). It will annoy him as much as anyone that he diddnt put it in but like I said, even the best (Lampard, Gerrard etc) miss sometimes. I would have to agree that I would have prefered Trunds to take it though. As others have said if he had scored it would have been quality for him.

As i've pointed out before he didnt "snatch" the ball off anyone, he went and got it and Byfield shook his hand and wished him good luck.

Everyone can miss a pen ( see Englands last few exits from major tourney's!) but surely someone is better qualified than Brad at our club? " wanting it" wont do if you cant deliver.

He doesnt have the technique to take pens imho. His body shape gives him away and he cant adjust. the last one he scored because the keeper went early and Bradley passed it down the middle. Pressure was really on last night and he hit a very weak pen far too close too the keeper and , even worse, missed the follow up as well.

McIndoe for me every time. lefties are a nightmare to work out.

Guest MaloneFM

Looking at the reply and being at the games as well I'd say a penalty saved by a goalkeeper having a man of the match performance and let's not forget the sitter Ivan missed, all he had to do was one side or the other, can hardly be blamed on Bradley Orr.

He stuck it low and hard. And the keeper guessed right, on the rebound he guessed right again.

Bradley has been our penalty taker since Jevons left. If my memory is correct this is the first he has missed so give the guy a break. Remember hes our right back who has scored what turned out to be the winning goals in the last 2 games.

Trundle is my favourite player and i would have loved him to score last night but if i was the manager i would not have gambled on a player whos confidence is obviously low. In that pressure situation you need someone who is confident and wether or not Bradley snatched the ball he was up for it.

In the end we got the draw against a tough, physical team who stopped us palying our natural game.

Bradley has been our penalty taker since Jevons left. If my memory is correct this is the first he has missed so give the guy a break. Remember hes our right back who has scored what turned out to be the winning goals in the last 2 games.

Trundle is my favourite player and i would have loved him to score last night but if i was the manager i would not have gambled on a player whos confidence is obviously low. In that pressure situation you need someone who is confident and wether or not Bradley snatched the ball he was up for it.

In the end we got the draw against a tough, physical team who stopped us palying our natural game.

Whilst Bradley has scored most of his pens (missed one now?) I think he as been fairly lucky with a few and I would like to see someone else as our first choice taker. Fair play to him for stepping up etc but there are others I would rather see take them from now on.

Agree - wicked shot on him and would always hit the target

I know we cannot have a go at a Johnson, but the manager needed to take a look at this way before last night. Bradley is a top guy who I rate, but all his penalties have been poor, its just been luck and bad goalkeeping that have allowed them to go in to date, but that luck ran out last night.

They are never hit hard enough and never aimed into a corner. the keeper only has to stand still wait to see which way its going and move to the side to get it.

I am pretty sure Bradley will think twice next time and if he does not the manager should make one of the others take them (particularly as we have several experienced penalty takes in the team).

I may be old fashioned but the only thing that matters is does the ball hit the back of the net.

A good penalty does a bad one doesn't.

Last nights was bad the rest were good.

Disagree. Whilst it may have been his first miss from the spot he's been lucky with the others on more than one occasion. Keepers read him easily which is why every pen he's taken for us, bar the one where the keeper went the other way too early, the keeper's got hands to it.

I agree with another poster who said lefties are a nightmare to work out. Get Trundle or McIndoe on that duty from now please GJ.

When you have players with the ability of Trundle, McIndoe, Johnson, Byfield, Carle (Although he had already been subbed) in our squad, it does make you wonder why Orr is our penalty taker. Ive no complaints that he took it last night as he had scored his previous few pens but now I think its got to be somebody elses turn.

Bradley's a brave lad and I take my hat off to him for stepping up in a high pressure situation.

However, the problem is, he appears to only has one penalty - low to the keeper's right. And if, as last night, the keeper has done his homework, then the chances of him making a save are hugely improved.

A penalty taker needs to be able to vary his placement and without that, the keeper's job is made far easier. Speroni went very early, clearly aware of Bradley's previous pens.

To be honest, given the above, I wasn't overly surprised when the initial kick was saved, but the follow up was a poor miss, despite the keeper doing brilliantly to get back across his goal. Again, a striker in that situation would probably have been a bit cleverer with his finish, which again leans me towards using an attacking player to take the spot kick.

Basically, I think Bradley's now been found out and lacks the element of surprise in his penalties, and it's time for someone else who the keeper won't know, to step up to the plate.

I'd give it to McIndoe.

Guest Garfunkle
Agree.... said myself that i thought Trundle would have been better taking it, could have been the goal he needs.

Orr's taken three pens this season and scored the first two. But that's only because the keepers went the wrong way. The pens were bloody awful! And this one just showed that if the keeper goes the right way then it's easily saved.

Would have thought that would be his last pen, somehow.

not saying orr should take them but that remark could apply to most of henry's and cantona's penalties

i also think trunds should of taken it. He is a confidence player and it would of done him the world of good.

Looking at the reply and being at the games as well I'd say a penalty saved by a goalkeeper having a man of the match performance and let's not forget the sitter Ivan missed, all he had to do was one side or the other, can hardly be blamed on Bradley Orr.

He stuck it low and hard. And the keeper guessed right, on the rebound he guessed right again.

Although...Bradley was cacking his pants when he stepped up, you could see it in his face!

Guest MaloneFM
Although...Bradley was cacking his pants when he stepped up, you could see it in his face!

You could see Bradley Orrs cack all over his face? I have to get me one of they Hi Discinfectant tellies Moses.

Archived