Gerry Gows' Tash

Pros

Circa £65M on promotion

Circa £35M on relegation

Full house every week

More Media exposure

Easier to attract players

Cons

Realistically, would we be next seasons Derby ?

Likely to lose more often than we'd win, demoralizing

Prawn sandwich brigade/glory hunters/part-time armchair "fans" out in force

Price of everything will go up

(Lack of) Atmosphere will get worse

Gate will look ragged compared to most Prem grounds

What I'm thinking is, overall will it be good for the club ? Yes we'll get shed loads of money, and the worse that can happen is we'll end up a "big" club in the champs, but will the club change for better or worse ?

Pretty much agree with that,my take on the whole situation is that if we do go up then we get to go to Old Trafford,Anfield etc.... with a possibility of sneaking a 1-0 win.

Also we might stay up,with Gary in charge we have a realistic chance.

I don't think you can ever be ready to go up into the premiership,I believe it comes to you,if we do miss out ot might be another 10 years before we get another chance.

On the other hand if we stay down we get two Welsh derbies next season,possible reunified with Forest and we're still in the 4th most popular division in Europe.

I personally don't think we can lose whatever happens

Sorry don't see why the cons of going to the Prem are different from the cons of going to the Championship. Last season nobody would have posted this so why are we even questioning if we want to get to the promised land of the Prem.

Because its a bigger step up, I don't know about anyone else but I am surprised at how well we've done this season, it's a huge credit to GJ and the players, but I can't see us taking the prem by storm and I wouldn't want to see us getting beaten every week.

Archived