IGNORED

Ivan Sproule - Far Enough Forward ?

andy g

The boy is quick, but i think he is giving himself a lot to do sometimes by starting so deep. When orr goes forward, Sproule isnt usually far ahead of him, so when he gets the ball he still has a lot to do

I suspect hes been told to hang back more because he was getting caught offside a lot when he first came here, but would he be more of an attacking threat if he pushed forward a bit ?

(and this isnt a criticism of the player himself)

I agree, should be on the defenders shoulder more - looking to do them with his pace. But he seems to prefer running with the ball at his feet.

There was a few times I was shouting 'Sproule make a run!!!' and if he would have I sure he would have created havoc with his pace.

I agree, should be on the defenders shoulder more - looking to do them with his pace. But he seems to prefer running with the ball at his feet.

There was a few times I was shouting 'Sproule make a run!!!' and if he would have I sure he would have created havoc with his pace.

I thought he went hiding at times, didn't do enough imo. has to get more involved like mcindoe who was everywhere last night.

I thought the whole midfield was by-passed last and we resorted to lumping the ball to Dele. Mcindoe played OK but the rest of the midfield (i include Carle) were very quiet and it was noticable that rather than play the ball into LJ the defence seemed to go for the long ball more often than not. I'm not sure wether that was down to us or Palace who were very physical and probably too strong and quick for our quite small midfield. I would like to thinkl that they brought us down to their level.

I liked when he chased the ball but McIndoe simply was a cut above him last night, yes the work rate was there. But he doesn't take it on nearly enough. If he doesn't wanna make runs on the wing then he should try cutting in field. Would like to persevere with him though.

I thought our midfield got ahead of the ball too much last night, which seems a bizarre criticism, but when your playmaker is man marked out of the game, the link between midfield and the forwards is taken away and we became ineffective. This is even more odd when you consider we have two ball playing midielders in the side??

Even Marv, who normally sits and breaks things up seemed to be bombing beyond the midfield.

It didn't work and there wasn't a plan B?

I thought our midfield got ahead of the ball too much last night, which seems a bizarre criticism, but when your playmaker is man marked out of the game, the link between midfield and the forwards is taken away and we became ineffective. This is even more odd when you consider we have two ball playing midielders in the side??

Even Marv, who normally sits and breaks things up seemed to be bombing beyond the midfield.

It didn't work and there wasn't a plan B?

there was a plan b.

go 2-2-6 and lump it. :winner_third_h4h: :winner_third_h4h: :winner_third_h4h:

Yea he is quick but needs to add a lot more to his game, don't want another Junior Bent on our hands!

I couldn't agree more. For me he lacks a box of tricks and unless he can outpace his defender he often struggles. He's got to work on some new tricks because Championship defenders are far more streetwise.

For me McIndoe has more tricks and looks for the ball when he's not in possession, always the sign of a good player imo.

The midfield certainly struggled last night although Johnson Jnr was one of our more creative players. Even Elliott wasn't that influential.

I would still like to see a really pacey and skillfull man up top. Not sure where you find such players though.

Archived