IGNORED

21.5 Points From An Armchair Supporter

Red Wardy

Afternoon all, these are mostly tongue in cheek but these were some of my perceptions based on the coverage.

FANS

1. The stadium looked great, packed to the rafters bar the away end and sections of the Eastend. With a decent away following, we would have been over the 18,000 mark.

2. Very good atmosphere, singing throughout and the celebrations that greeted the goal were reminiscent of Hartlepool in the play-offs (as they were in the pub I was drinking dry).

3. There has been some grumbling about early leavers but they weren't too evident. The ground still looked packed when we scored.

4. It looked freezing. Some fans were turning blue (And that's not good).

5. I didn't see a single candle. Not sure if the cameras couldn't pick them up or if the stadium lights were too bright?

GAME & COMMENTARY

6. There seems to be respect for GJ and what the team has achieved. Albeit almost begrudgingly from some quarters. Kris Camara clearly loves us, Peter Beagrie clearly doesn't. Not sure what his credentials are, but he is a woeful pundit. His brain seems detached.

7.There was a nice moment in the first half, when the stats for the previous ten minutes possession were 76%-24% in our favour. Ian Darke began talking about City's last stretch in the top flight - "The Alan Dicks era" and rolled through the names for Kris Camara: "Ritchie, Gow, Hunter, Royle etc etc" to which our mate Kris piped up "Remember them? I played against them". That brought an Olde English induced smile. QUALITY.

8. The ball rarely went out of play when City had possession. In past seasons, a drilled ball to the wings would often result in a throw-in. Sproule and especially McIndoe get it under control and keep the momentum going.

9. Crossing seems a problem. Clearing the first man and, actually having the players in the box is something we need to work on if we are to score more.

10. The commentary team were obssessed with the Man-marking of Carle. It was the major talking point at half-time, I thought Carle shook the shackles off well at times and could have done a little bit better with his well-saved effort. He carved the chance out very well but Sproule was in a perfect position to break the back of the net.

11. Basso made a World Class save.

12. Orr's double penalty miss just got worse and worse and worse after each replay. Apart from that, I thought he had a cracking game.

13 Carle showed the game's moment of pure class (apart from the finish for the goal which was unstoppable), with a Jacki-esq turn and pass in the middle of the park.

14. Palace were extremely cynical. Fouling constantly and totally outplayed in the first half. After a few replays, the commentators thought the block on Adebola could have been a red.

15. Fairplay to Palace, they played a lot better in the second half. We really struggled to break them down and get any decent efforts on target. They upped their workrate and had some good chances.

16. There was a real element of handball in the lead up to their goal. It wasn't conclusive on the replay though.

17. Warnock is deranged. Attempting to bully the Ref at the end - should have been a red. His Goalkeeper makes a superb double penalty save to keep the score at 1-0, is given man of the match by Sky, but is the brunt of the Manager's wrath at the end of the game. Screaming in his face. I would have probably lamped him.

18. Some of the tracking back by our midfield was superb. I lost count of the tackles.

19. Lee Johnson had a very good game again. Tackled well, got around the park and took a peach of a corner for the goal.

20. I was very impressed with some of Dele Adebola's control. He won a lot of balls into his feet and head. Almost single-handedly kept the ball in their half for the first 45 minutes.

21. McIndoe was pure quality, the commentators thought so too. We need to keep hold of him at all costs. He's a peach.

21.5. In summation, I thought we looked class in possession, clearly struggled to score, defended very well (And comfortably - the back four looked like 80's Liverpool at times) apart from their goal - and based on the amount of possession - we really should have won, rather than rely on a sphincter-enhancing last second equaliser. I think we gave a good account of ourselves as a football club. Oh and Warnock is a ####.

faair play to palace, they did their homework, we are formidable at home, and the 4-4-1-1 was a practiced formation various TV cameras have seen throughout Johnson's city spell and everytime the midfielder behind the striker was the best play on the park. Thats why they put emphasis on keeping carle under control. Warnock panicked, Palace couldn't hold on to the 1-0 we bombarded their goal right through stoppage time and the only reason it went on past 4mins anyway was because we were on the attack and only Mr Singh would have called time in that situation. Warnock should get a severe telling off from the FA him and Simon Jordan are both far too competitive and at times naive for their own good. And for the goal I was convinced something was up because virtually the whole team appealed for the handball, Johnson wouldn't have stood for that if it wasn't, i reckon he either gave the team a hair dryer treatment or just didnt say anything in his interview because warnock might have keeled over.

Afternoon all, these are mostly tongue in cheek but these were some of my perceptions based on the coverage.

FANS

1. The stadium looked great, packed to the rafters bar the away end and sections of the Eastend. With a decent away following, we would have been over the 18,000 mark.

2. Very good atmosphere, singing throughout and the celebrations that greeted the goal were reminiscent of Hartlepool in the play-offs (as they were in the pub I was drinking dry).

3. There has been some grumbling about early leavers but they weren't too evident. The ground still looked packed when we scored.

4. It looked freezing. Some fans were turning blue (And that's not good).

5. I didn't see a single candle. Not sure if the cameras couldn't pick them up or if the stadium lights were too bright?

GAME & COMMENTARY

6. There seems to be respect for GJ and what the team has achieved. Albeit almost begrudgingly from some quarters. Kris Camara clearly loves us, Peter Beagrie clearly doesn't. Not sure what his credentials are, but he is a woeful pundit. His brain seems detached.

7.There was a nice moment in the first half, when the stats for the previous ten minutes possession were 76%-24% in our favour. Ian Darke began talking about City's last stretch in the top flight - "The Alan Dicks era" and rolled through the names for Kris Camara: "Ritchie, Gow, Hunter, Royle etc etc" to which our mate Kris piped up "Remember them? I played against them". That brought an Olde English induced smile. QUALITY.

8. The ball rarely went out of play when City had possession. In past seasons, a drilled ball to the wings would often result in a throw-in. Sproule and especially McIndoe get it under control and keep the momentum going.

9. Crossing seems a problem. Clearing the first man and, actually having the players in the box is something we need to work on if we are to score more.

10. The commentary team were obssessed with the Man-marking of Carle. It was the major talking point at half-time, I thought Carle shook the shackles off well at times and could have done a little bit better with his well-saved effort. He carved the chance out very well but Sproule was in a perfect position to break the back of the net.

11. Basso made a World Class save.

12. Orr's double penalty miss just got worse and worse and worse after each replay. Apart from that, I thought he had a cracking game.

13 Carle showed the game's moment of pure class (apart from the finish for the goal which was unstoppable), with a Jacki-esq turn and pass in the middle of the park.

14. Palace were extremely cynical. Fouling constantly and totally outplayed in the first half. After a few replays, the commentators thought the block on Adebola could have been a red.

15. Fairplay to Palace, they played a lot better in the second half. We really struggled to break them down and get any decent efforts on target. They upped their workrate and had some good chances.

16. There was a real element of handball in the lead up to their goal. It wasn't conclusive on the replay though.

17. Warnock is deranged. Attempting to bully the Ref at the end - should have been a red. His Goalkeeper makes a superb double penalty save to keep the score at 1-0, is given man of the match by Sky, but is the brunt of the Manager's wrath at the end of the game. Screaming in his face. I would have probably lamped him.

18. Some of the tracking back by our midfield was superb. I lost count of the tackles.

19. Lee Johnson had a very good game again. Tackled well, got around the park and took a peach of a corner for the goal.

20. I was very impressed with some of Dele Adebola's control. He won a lot of balls into his feet and head. Almost single-handedly kept the ball in their half for the first 45 minutes.

21. McIndoe was pure quality, the commentators thought so too. We need to keep hold of him at all costs. He's a peach.

21.5. In summation, I thought we looked class in possession, clearly struggled to score, defended very well (And comfortably - the back four looked like 80's Liverpool at times) apart from their goal - and based on the amount of possession - we really should have won, rather than rely on a sphincter-enhancing last second equaliser. I think we gave a good account of ourselves as a football club. Oh and Warnock is a ####.

Basso's "save" was a headed clearence from McAllister?

Point 17, ive been told from someone who watched it on sky that Warnock was shouting at the keeper because he said something to the ref?

Singing throughout the game? Think you'll find that was Palace fans. I'm afraid to say we were quiet again. THere were times where i was looking round the ground wondering if anyone was awake! Except the EE of course, they were, as always, brilliant

Basso's "save" was a headed clearence from McAllister?

Point 17, ive been told from someone who watched it on sky that Warnock was shouting at the keeper because he said something to the ref?

Singing throughout the game? Think you'll find that was Palace fans. I'm afraid to say we were quiet again. THere were times where i was looking round the ground wondering if anyone was awake! Except the EE of course, they were, as always, brilliant

You might want to watch the game again then, it was very definitely a save, the replay was shown many times - unless I really was that drunk :o . McAllister was well positioned on the post though. Thought McAllister had a very steady game actually.

Thats why I put a question mark, wasnt sure but someone posted under the thread "Basso's save" that it was headed off the line, havent got that far through the coverage yet, fell asleep!

Drinking?

No, it was definitely a save. It was flying in and Basso somehow got behind it and clawed it away from the goal line. Great save.

I think that's a bit harsh - the Atyeo was the loudest I've known it for some time. And I sit in the small section of E Block there which is one of the few areas where you can hear singing, but the other night it kept going pretty much throughout the whole game. Admittedly there were lulls, especially as Palarse wore us down a bit, but it was generally a pretty good atmosphere up there.

I'm a bit disappointed that almost everyone who seems to sit in the East End has this territorial point of view that they're better than the rest of the ground. We're ALL City fans and not in competition with one another...

You might want to watch the game again then, it was very definitely a save, the replay was shown many times - unless I really was that drunk :o . McAllister was well positioned on the post though. Thought McAllister had a very steady game actually.

It was very definitely a mcallister header off the line! you can see it quite clearly!

Who usually hates us, but I thought he was quite positive last night.

Begarie is an absoulte tool though, who barely had a good word to say about us, as ever. He looked gutted at the end.

POSTED ABOUT BEAGRIES ATTITUDE , KNOWLEDGE AND OBVIOUS DISLIKING OF US ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS PREVIOUSLY .

HE SAT THERE AND JUST DID NOT LOOK INTERESTED THROUGHOUT TWO AND HALF HOURS OF COVERAGE . WHY DO SKY CONTINUE TO EMPLOY , WITH OUR MONEY THESE NAFF EX PLAYERS WHO CAN'T COME UP WITH OPINIONS OR SOME INSPIRATIONAL COMMENTS OR WIT .

Archived