IGNORED

Adebola

no1cityfan_tucks

In my opinion its time for a change for a while. He looked leggy vs. Palace and seemed at times unwilling to chase. For me he hasnt made a big enough impact as i though he would. Maybe time for a freshen up and bring Byfield back in. He seem to be full of energy and obviously will want to shine when given his chance. The same could possibly be said for Trundle also.

Any thoughts??

In my opinion its time for a change for a while. He looked leggy vs. Palace and seemed at times unwilling to chase. For me he hasnt made a big enough impact as i though he would. Maybe time for a freshen up and bring Byfield back in. He seem to be full of energy and obviously will want to shine when given his chance. The same could possibly be said for Trundle also.

Any thoughts??

I thought he did pretty well last night. Won loads of flick ons but no one was ever there to get them. That is the problem with playing one up front.

In fact since he has joined I've been reasonably impressed- thought he was going to be really poor. Early days yet...

Any thoughts??

He was isolated most the game because they marked carle out the game would of played better if we played with 2 strikers.

Any thoughts??

Are you serious?

Il reply just incase you are.

First of all, If you are playing as a lone striker, Its would be ridiculous to chase everything down wouldnt it? He wouldnt last an hour.....

I thought he had a decent game last night and was one of our better players. Won a fair share of his headers, brought others into the game with some very good link up play, would have scored but for some unbelievable defending at the back post and It was just a shame we didnt have more players running beyond him onto some of his flicks. I have to admit I have only seen him in 2 of the 4 appearances he has made but in those to appearances he has impressed me more than I expected. His all round game is excellent. He is never going to score 20 a season but for the system we are currently playing, He is the best man for the job.

Wouldnt mind seeing him in a 4-4-2.

Battling performance from City but not the fast flowing football played pre christmas, bit fragmented. Warnock did his homework with the man marking of Carle and we became predictable, perhaps we could of changed it earlier because when Byfield and Trundle came on we started to open them up and looked like scoring. McIndoe imo best player on the park, Orr had a good game, Adebola held the ball up well but with Carle not supporting or getting past him he was often isolated. Wish Sproule would hog the touchline more often in a forward position when we've got the ball, i know he likes the ball to his feet but the pass in behind the full back can be just as effective. Disappointing game to watch bar the last 10mins but beating Colchester on saturday will see this as a point gained rather than 2pts dropped.

I thought he did pretty well last night. Won loads of flick ons but no one was ever there to get them. That is the problem with playing one up front.

In fact since he has joined I've been reasonably impressed- thought he was going to be really poor. Early days yet...

My thoughts exactly. He didn't do much last night but went about his job well as the lone striker. He won plenty of ball in the air and the problem lied with having nobody anywhere near him to support him. I'd love to see Trundle given and extended run from the start alongside the big man but that mean's dropping Carle or LJ...

Dele needs someone up front with him, not one behind or just off of him. Someone that can run into the gaps whilst he holds the ball up, which he is actually very good at (so far so good then). I actually thought that he tries chasing down quite a bit, but as someone else has said he can't do that for the entire game!!

Like to see him play with Byfield/Trundle up front with him.

Trundle Adebola up top seems interesting. I think Trundle could feed off the knock downs from Ade and also profit from the space provided by our resident battering ram. I think it needs to be tried at least once, I for one would love to see put into practice against colchester :

Trundle Adebola

McIndoe Carle Johnson Sproule

McAllister Fontaine Carey Orr

Elliott looked jaded against Palace. I think benching him and perhaps giving him the last 30 mins possibly, or if Johnson things we are not "gritty" enough in centre mid he may bring someone else in other than Nick Carle, but I think Nick Carle is a born "chaser" and we will be ok.

i thought he was good last night.powerful,good flick on's and worked his socks off.

shame he was on his own!i agree with most in that i'd like to see him with trundle.

i think it's getting to the stage of the season to really go for it.

come on city ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK

Any thoughts??

unbelievable this forum.......unbelievable

Archived