IGNORED

Distribution From Defence Tip For Mccombe

riddlesdown red

One of the main reasons we seem so ineffective last night playing 4-5-1 was largely due to the poor distribution from defence to adebola mainly from McCombe. GJ stated they stopped us playing so we had to go more direct well I am afraid teams aren't going to let you do what you want especially one managed by warnock, the first game should have told GJ that. The balls hit to adebola from McCombe were not very accurate or if they were hit expecting adebola to run into space then there was a total breakdown in communication. Golfers take a bucket of balls into a field and hit short irons for hours well Mr McCombe might just want to give this a try as it will improve his accuracy allowing the lone striker to get it down and lay off to the 5 midfield men who should have been supporting him last night. On a side issue when is sproule ever going to use his pace to get behind a defence rather than constantly running inside and as in last night into trouble. This is not a whine purely an observation.

One of the main reasons we seem so ineffective last night playing 4-5-1 was largely due to the poor distribution from defence to adebola mainly from McCombe. GJ stated they stopped us playing so we had to go more direct well I am afraid teams aren't going to let you do what you want especially one managed by warnock, the first game should have told GJ that. The balls hit to adebola from McCombe were not very accurate or if they were hit expecting adebola to run into space then there was a total breakdown in communication. Golfers take a bucket of balls into a field and hit short irons for hours well Mr McCombe might just want to give this a try as it will improve his accuracy allowing the lone striker to get it down and lay off to the 5 midfield men who should have been supporting him last night. On a side issue when is sproule ever going to use his pace to get behind a defence rather than constantly running inside and as in last night into trouble. This is not a whine purely an observation.

Thought he was excellent last night & is getting more familiar with this division.

OK his passing may not be Beckenbauresque but from where I was sitting most long balls were in Dele's area. Also is becoming more comfortable on the ball, at one point when in possesion he even feinted inside & went out. Never seen that before from him.

Jamie MacAllister had an off night passing-wise I thought & Bradley's distribution, whatever his other attributes, is often, shall we say, inaccurate.

Guest MaloneFM

Bradders couldn't pass wind.

But Basso lumping it long to a white shirt and then Adebola scrapping for the second ball all night had your uncle reaching for the Rennies.

(not David eh? Oh all you old buggers!)

Your whine should be directed at the midfield players who should take responsibility and take the ball off the back four, thus controlling play.McCombe's not in the side for his passing & creativity.

Yeah, even LJ was rarely showing for the ball last night. The movement from the whole midfield with the possible exception of McIndoe was truly non existent and played a big part in us hoofing it all the time. Palace marked us tight but I refuse to believe those big ugly lumps Warnock calls a football team were capable of out playing us.

Archived