IGNORED

There's Only One David Noble!

City Madster

Am I the only one or does anyone else think David Noble has been treated badly. He would certainly be in my starting 11 every week.
If he could stay off the sauce and last 90 mins then he would be in with a chance of starting. But the truth is Carle is fitter than him despite Carle not playing for 2 months prior to joining us.

Am I the only one or does anyone else think David Noble has been treated badly. He would certainly be in my starting 11 every week.

Certainly, not been given a fair go; but i.m.h.o niether have others, Murray, Jevons to name but two.

Guest Garfunkle
I would have him on the bench perhaps, he would be a good sub.

I think Elliot looks tired so why not try Carle, and Johnson with Noble just in front

because we would get torn apart through the middle. we wouldnt have any aerial power there either.

if elliott is to drop out for any reason skuse would have to play

David Noble has started 11 games this season and from those games we taken 26 points (won eight, drawn two, lost one). That seems to say something...

Case closed my lord!!

There is no way he should not be playing, no way, no way , no way.... We are a point off top, so its hard to knock GJ, but for me, if we had seen more of Noble + Murray we would be a few points clear at the very top.

We have punched above our wight and hats off to GJ as it is mainly due to him we have done, but we can still have a little moan can't we....

otherwise this forum may as well shut down...

On the bench yeh but he cant justify a starting place when Johnson and Elliot have got us to where we are in the league. When they need a rest however (if) then Noble would be my choice to replace one of them. I think he is a quality player who is good enough at this level, but needs to be given a run in the side. At the moment though that isnt goind to happen with the team as it is doing so well. Add to that the signing of Carle who hassnt done to badly since he came here and it doesnt look like Noble is going to get a lot of time on the pitch unless serious injury or loss of form strikes.

In summery I think he is good enough to play at this level in our side but with the team doing so well as it is it probably isnt going to happen. He will get his chance though and when he does he has to take it and prove the point.

Personally I'd take Elliott, LJ and Nick Carle over him.

If Elliott is benched or missing next match (which should happen in terms of "rests") Then perhaps Noble will make it on to the bench. Or we may go with a Trundle - Adebola 2 up front affair, which I'm sure many of us are longing to see

Agree.

We look a far better side going on the attack when Noble has been in the side, he seems to give us great balance when going forward. I don't really see what Carle has offered to date, he runs around alot and works hard but what has he done regards assists or goals? Sorry for not towing the party line but thats how I feel!

I'm still coming to terms with Carle's miss against Sheffield Wednesday, I wonder if Noble would of tucked it away :innocent06:

There must be more to Nobles absence than meets the eye.

Nope. Not good enough at this level.

I've come to the conclusion that you are mental. You defend Trundle left ,right and centre and even claim Trundle is good enough for the CCC! And a player who is arguably techinally one of the best players at the club you write off has not being good enough for CCC level. Your a madman.

Agree.

We look a far better side going on the attack when Noble has been in the side, he seems to give us great balance when going forward. I don't really see what Carle has offered to date, he runs around alot and works hard but what has he done regards assists or goals? Sorry for not towing the party line but thats how I feel!

I'm still coming to terms with Carle's miss against Sheffield Wednesday, I wonder if Noble would of tucked it away :innocent06:

There must be more to Nobles absence than meets the eye.

I've come to the conclusion that you are mental. You defend Trundle left ,right and centre and even claim Trundle is good enough for the CCC! And a player who is arguably techinally one of the best players at the club you write off has not being good enough for CCC level. Your a madman.

I don't know about him not being good enough but he is clearly not FIT enough!!

Personally I'd take Elliott, LJ and Nick Carle over him.

If Elliott is benched or missing next match (which should happen in terms of "rests") Then perhaps Noble will make it on to the bench. Or we may go with a Trundle - Adebola 2 up front affair, which I'm sure many of us are longing to see

I have to agree. I really don't get some peoples view on how good Noble is.

Here is my take on it........

To me, Nick Carle looks a class player, However - He has shown me very little if anything that I havent already seen from David Noble whilst playing in the hole behind the lone striker.

I personally think that Carle looks as though he'd be far better suited to playing the normal central midfield role where his work rate and tackling will come into play far more often.

Id love to see Carle in the middle of a 4-4-2 with Trundle or Byfield up top with Adebola, Somehow though I don't think it will ever happen.

All of the above is completely irrelavent of course because we are 3rd in the league :winner_third_h4h:

If he could stay off the sauce and last 90 mins then he would be in with a chance of starting. But the truth is Carle is fitter than him despite Carle not playing for 2 months prior to joining us.

Thats a bit of a harsh statement to make about the lad how do you know he is on the sauce?

Especially if you fall out with the gaffer over who gets subbed and who never gets subbed :punish:

I just didn't feel Noble got the run in the side his obvious talents deserved prior to the signing of Nick Carle - who I have been impressed with. If you are right then I am very disappointed with Gary - I have no problem with Lee but there have been times when he clearly should have been the one subbed and not Noble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GJ has set the standard and regularly players start for around 70 minutes, then fresh players come on. Some players always play for 90 minutes. So if Noble is unfit [ with the same training as the rest of the team ], I have no problem with him starting for around 70 minutes.

If as mentioned we win more points when he starts, I would prefer to have 70 minutes of Noble than no minutes of Noble.

What he does is maintain possession, create space and bring others into the game. One of the most technically gifted in the squad. However it does appear he is out of favour and at BCFC that means just one thing.

Got the master mind and can be awesome at times. Questionmarks about attitude and not the least fitness.

The choice is yours mate. Get your self loaned out to start with.

Just my opinion.

Archived