IGNORED

8 More Wins

Martyn Hocking

I know we are all taking one game at a time, counting our lucky stars and pinching ourselves every time we look at the Championship table, but I think the time has come to say that a place in the top two is within our grasp if we can hold our nerve and keep grinding out results.

Two points a game (26 from the final 13 games) will give us 84 points. I think we will need one more than this for a top two finish.

To me that means we need 8 more wins and 3 draws from 13 games.

The prime candidates for the wins in my view are the following:

1. Colchester (A)

2. Hull City (H)

3. Plymouth (H)

4. Norwich (H)

5. Southampton (A)

6. Wolves (H)

7. Sheff Utd (A)

8. Preston (H)

The draws could come from anywhere and we are due two more defeats by my reckoning - Stoke and Charlton?

Well_red

I know we are all taking one game at a time, counting our lucky stars and pinching ourselves every time we look at the Championship table, but I think the time has come to say that a place in the top two is within our grasp if we can hold our nerve and keep grinding out results.

Two points a game (26 from the final 13 games) will give us 84 points. I think we will need one more than this for a top two finish.

To me that means we need 8 more wins and 3 draws from 13 games.

The prime candidates for the wins in my view are the following:

1. Colchester (A)

2. Hull City (H)

3. Plymouth (H)

4. Norwich (H)

5. Southampton (A)

6. Wolves (H)

7. Sheff Utd (A)

8. Preston (H)

The draws could come from anywhere and we are due two more defeats by my reckoning - Stoke and Charlton?

Well_red

Good post. I'm of the thought that auto will prove to be a step too far. However, reading this, if we can go on one more mini-run, we could possibly reach the majical 84 by winning our home games (which we should) and picking up a 3 or so away, starting at colchester.

Soccerbot has it as...

Predicted Final Table Pld Pts

1 Watford 46 84

2 Stoke City 46 83

3 Bristol City 46 81

4 West Bromwich Albion 46 80

5 Charlton Athletic 46 74

6 Ipswich Town 46 73

7 Plymouth Argyle 46 69

not forgetting that the teams around us would have to match this ,,so beating watford and stoke would be 6 pointers! :chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez:

I agree. These are the games that shape the season. We just have to make sure we are still within touching distance when we go up to Stoke, then anything is possible.

Archived