IGNORED

Why Cant We Get A Coach To Charlton

largest fan

Where can you find the information on these coaches then - try and get my name in for them

Go to the away ticket section on the main site, they might be boring, but they get you there stress free 99.9% of the time (not mentioning the millwall disaster)

Go to the away ticket section on the main site, they might be boring, but they get you there stress free 99.9% of the time (not mentioning the millwall disaster)

True, they do "get you there hassel free", but a day out to an away game should be exactly that "a day out!" Get yourself there on the train and you can test out the local pubs at your leisure etc.

OK, I stand corrected. Now being lazy, rather than looking it up, can you tell me what the name of the station is at Charlton, I've been there before, but never on the train.

Just Charlton station i think!

Goto nationalrail.co.uk! type in charlton - London paddington.....

Trains back to Paddington at 21:30, 21.36, 21.50, 22:00, 22.06 and 22:12 all get back to paddington before 23.30.......

or of course just use the under ground.........

• Admin
Just Charlton station i think!

Goto nationalrail.co.uk! type in charlton - London paddington.....

Trains back to Paddington at 21:30, 21.36, 21.50, 22:00, 22.06 and 22:12 all get back to paddington before 23.30.......

or of course just use the under ground.........

Just had a look around, it seems that the overground trains take an hour or so, the tube is half an hour, the tube is further away so it probably balances up. The overground means a change of train at charing cross.

Via Charing Cross

Yes, and then you have to take the tube from Charing Cross to Paddington. So, not exactly a "train from Charlton to Paddington".

An alternative is to drive to Hounslow West tube station, just off the M4, and park there for £3. Catch the Piccadilly Line from Hounslow West to Green Park, change there for the Jubilee Line to London Bridge and then catch the overland train to Charlton. Should take about an hour and you'll have the comfort of knowing that your car is waiting for you back at Hounslow so you don't have to worry about missing the last train home from Paddington.

• Admin
Yes, and then you have to take the tube from Charing Cross to Paddington. So, not exactly a "train from Charlton to Paddington".

An alternative is to drive to Hounslow West tube station, just off the M4, and park there for £3. Catch the Piccadilly Line from Hounslow West to Green Park, change there for the Jubilee Line to London Bridge and then catch the overland train to Charlton. Should take about an hour and you'll have the comfort of knowing that your car is waiting for you back at Hounslow so you don't have to worry about missing the last train home from Paddington.

I'd rather not drive, two reasons, I get free rail travel and I like a beer before the game (and after!!)

It would be a tradgedy to miss the last train, we'd have to find a club open till the early hours and catch the first train back........ :banana:

I'd rather not drive, two reasons, I get free rail travel and I like a beer before the game (and after!!)

It would be a tradgedy to miss the last train, we'd have to find a club open till the early hours and catch the first train back........ :banana:

I like your way of thinking!!! However the last train back for me is 23.45, so i will make it easy!!! However it gets back to Taunton at 3am!!!! Happy days :)

Archived