IGNORED

Stand Up Sit Down ( S U S D)

chalky

http://www.standupsitdown.co.uk/petition.htm

I would be grateful if you support the introduction of safe standing areas into all English grounds where the demand is there to sign the online petition (above).

It will only take a minute of your time.

If you want to know more about what we at SUSD are campaigning for then please ask.

Chalky (SUSD).

http://www.standupsitdown.co.uk/petition.htm

I would be grateful if you support the introduction of safe standing areas into all English grounds where the demand is there to sign the online petition (above).

It will only take a minute of your time.

If you want to know more about what we at SUSD are campaigning for then please ask.

Chalky (SUSD).

Signed !!!!

We are the People !!!!!

Our corrupt Government - that wont let us stand at football - are the scum !!!!!!

Scum-diddle-de-dum-dum-scum-scum. :winner_third_h4h: have that Gordon Brown and your fellow scum pigs. :winner_third_h4h:

11337 Total Signatures

Not enough people care enough to change things.

I'm sure they do, the current number of sigs is poor relatively to how many people watch football each week but the petition has not reached all those fans yet hence trying to get it pinned to make people aware...

Posting Pm's is usually frowned upon..but meh...nothing harmful here. Just saves me repeating it on the open forum!

Hello there,

How many sigs do you think the petition needs to send a strong enough message about people's feelings?

Cheers, Chalky.

Hi Chalky

How can i quantify it? An overwhelming percentage of people who go to watch/follow football not Bristol City at home to Colchester attendance. If the number even mattered. I for one agree with the campaign but I think the whole thing's doomed.

The problem is..there's no political will to change it. There's no push from the chairmen. Because standing attracts what you and I would term proper fans..but the chairmen aren't aiming at this market any more. Because they don't need to. If football's popularity starts declining maybe, but that's a long way off.

You'll never convince anybody that safe standing is AS safe as sitting down, it's just logically isn't. You'll never convince the The Hillsborough Families Support Group of it and while our society holds on to grief and sentiment so much you'll never get this through.

The only way i could see it working was legally. Is it an infringement of your human rights not to be allowed to do something reasonably safe at a football match if there were appropriate facilities for it? That's what the hated European court is there for, mount a challenge to the regulation/law. Then once you're allowed to do it, get the chairmen interested, good luck!

Cheers Redhyde

Anyone else received the following response to the online petition?

http://www.pm.gov.uk/output/Page14995.asp

Absolutely ridiculous!

Key phrase being:

"Following a number of disasters at football grounds over the years in the UK, many involving fatalities, changes were brought in to ensure such tragic events never reoccurred."

Take a balance view on the issue then!!!!!! What scare mongering!

The final insult is:

"Apart from the fans who want a return to standing the Government has received no representation from any other interested party seeking a review of this policy."

What other interested party is there?!?!?!?! I'm totally confused, we the fans are the only party worth considering, who else are the government expecting representation from? I also know plenty of people who signed, but have no intention of standing themselves, they just want the atmosphere back at football!

F*cking w*nkers!

What other interested party is there?!?!?!?! I'm totally confused, we the fans are the only party worth considering, who else are the government expecting representation from? I also know plenty of people who signed, but have no intention of standing themselves, they just want the atmosphere back at football!

F*cking w*nkers!

Our Government is really a one party state, that one party state being the 'Lib-Lab-Con'. They're not Government by the people for the people, they're Government by Toffs for Toffs - F*cking inbred w*nkers the lot of 'em.

Archived