IGNORED

8 Wins

BCFC_Dan

Gary says we need 8 wins now to clinch promotion. Where do we think they'll come from?

Remaining fixtures are as follows:

Colchester (A)

Hull (H)

Charlton (A)

Leicester (A)

Watford (H)

Plymouth (H)

Cardiff (A)

Norwich (H)

Southampton (A)

Wolves (H)

Stoke (A)

Sheff Utd (A)

Preston (H)

Looking at that, I think the period where we have Charlton and Leicester away, followed by Watford and Plymouth at home looks critical. We'll need to take points from the away games to maintain momentum, then push on and get wins from the home games. Do that and I think we've got a chance.

I can see all the home games as being winnable, which is 6, leaving us needing 2 away wins. Colchester represents a really good chance to get one of them, but the other one looks a very tricky prospect indeed. If it comes against Stoke or Charlton it will be a massive help, but frankly the all look quite difficult to me.

The 8 wins for me, would be...

Colchester (A)

Hull (H)

Charlton (A)

Leicester (A)

Watford (H)

Plymouth (H)

Cardiff (A)

Norwich (H)

Southampton (A)

Wolves (H)

Stoke (A)

Sheff Utd (A)

Preston (H)

And i'd be delighted with that...

When you look at it that way, it doesn't look all that daunting huh?? I know football is never that easy, but IF we could take 6 points from the next two games, we could afford to not win 5 of the last eleven :fingerscrossed:

I think the results could pan out as follows....

Colchester (A) Draw

Hull (H) Win

Charlton (A) Lose

Leicester (A) Draw

Watford (H) Win

Plymouth (H) Win

Cardiff (A) Draw

Norwich (H) Win

Southampton (A) Draw

Wolves (H) Win

Stoke (A) Lose

Sheff Utd (A) Lose

Preston (H) Win

I know he says we need eight wins, but realistically, I think this is how it could end up. It may be enough with other slipping up as well.

MM

Gary says we need 8 wins now to clinch promotion. Where do we think they'll come from?

Colchester (A)

Hull (H)

Charlton (A)

Leicester (A)

Watford (H)

Plymouth (H)

Cardiff (A)

Norwich (H)

Southampton (A)

Wolves (H)

Stoke (A)

Sheff Utd (A)

Preston (H)

Looking at that, I think the period where we have Charlton and Leicester away, followed by Watford and Plymouth at home looks critical. We'll need to take points from the away games to maintain momentum, then push on and get wins from the home games. Do that and I think we've got a chance.

I can see all the home games as being winnable, which is 6, leaving us needing 2 away wins. Colchester represents a really good chance to get one of them, but the other one looks a very tricky prospect indeed. If it comes against Stoke or Charlton it will be a massive help, but frankly the all look quite difficult to me.

beating watford and stoke with a few more wins here and there,and a few draws,oh and beating charlton could be a good idea aswell

I think the results could pan out as follows....

Colchester (A) Draw

Hull (H) Win

Charlton (A) Lose

Leicester (A) Draw

Watford (H) Win

Plymouth (H) Win

Cardiff (A) Draw

Norwich (H) Win

Southampton (A) Draw

Wolves (H) Win

Stoke (A) Lose

Sheff Utd (A) Lose

Preston (H) Win

MM

Fairly realistic, but if you look at the 4 draws, Colchester, Leicester, Cardiff and Southampton, if we go for the win and don't just take a point in these games, then it's possible that we could win two and lose two. That would give us two extra wins and two extra points, which may be the gap by whioch we will be promoted or not promoted. What we need now is to win or lose games by avoiding draws.

5 home games left, All winnable but I think 4 wins and a draw would be good. Leicester and Soton away I fancy us. Hopefully a win tomorrow although Layer Road is never easy for City and then a couple of draws as well.

Fairly realistic, but if you look at the 4 draws, Colchester, Leicester, Cardiff and Southampton, if we go for the win and don't just take a point in these games, then it's possible that we could win two and lose two. That would give us two extra wins and two extra points, which may be the gap by whioch we will be promoted or not promoted. What we need now is to win or lose games by avoiding draws.

totally agree,although draws have been keeping us going ,i think we now need to go all out for the three points in games,winning one and losing two is better than drawing two and losing one,i actually think wel do better against the top teams than we think we will,which if true are 6 pointers.

Colchester (A)

Hull (H)

Charlton (A)

Leicester (A)

Watford (H)

Plymouth (H)

Cardiff (A)

Norwich (H)

Southampton (A)

Wolves (H)

Stoke (A)

Sheff Utd (A)

Preston (H)

Cant see us getting 8..... whatever happens it'll still be an amazing season considering where we all honestly thought we'd get. I said to all my works friends 13th start of season so anything else is a bonus. Play Offs bring extra money / publicity with perhaps a magic day at wembley.....Premiership.....well its really what dreams are made of!!!!

Colchester (A)

Hull (H)

Charlton (A)

Leicester (A)

Watford (H)

Plymouth (H)

Cardiff (A)

Norwich (H)

Southampton (A)

Wolves (H)

Stoke (A)

Sheff Utd (A)

Preston (H)

What we do is important and winning games keeps the pressure on the others . Beating teams around us e.g Watford , Stoke and Charlton would be a massive boost for the players and the fans and if this is not possible then not to lose against them .

1 game at a time is what we've heard all season and still sounds the safe bet .

Starts tomorrow and a win will be needed to offset possible problems in the next 6 games against teams in the top 8 / 10.

Colchester (A)

Hull (H)

Charlton (A)

Leicester (A)

Watford (H)

Plymouth (H)

Cardiff (A)

Norwich (H)

Southampton (A)

Wolves (H)

Stoke (A)

Sheff Utd (A)

Preston (H)

Talk like that will only put us under pressure. I have said it onehundreed times by now, being underdogs is our biggest advantage. Why spoil it?

I don't quite agree with that just yet.

With 2 wins and a draw from our last three games, another positive result at Colchester will see us start to gain a little bit of momentum. Football is such a confidence game and if we can put a bit of an unbeaten run together now, it could really prove to the players that they can make the top 2. We're at a real vital stage now (although it feels like we say this every week); with a tough looking run-in, if we can stay unbeaten for the next 3 games or so (say 2 wins and 1 draw, or even 1 win and 2 draws), the players could get their tails up a bit.

It's all very well saying let's go for wins and not settle for draws, but you have to be realistic. That point against Palace on Monday could be absolutely priceless. Maybe another close draw at, let's say, Southampton will prove similar?

It goes without saying that the players/management will be taking it one game at a time, though. We need to do the same.

Bold=Win

Colchester (A)

Hull (H)

Charlton (A)Loss

Leicester (A)Draw

Watford (H)Draw

Plymouth (H)

Cardiff (A)Draw

Norwich (H)

Southampton (A)

Wolves (H)Draw

Stoke (A)Loss

Sheff Utd (A)Draw

Preston (H)

Thats how I see it. That would give us 23 points from a possible 39 which isnt to bad. 3 under the 2 points per game target though so I'm not sure weather that will be enough for a automatic spot. I think the crucial game is away to Stoke though, that will be massive. Important that we beat the teams like Colchester as well, if we don't that will just make it harder for us. It should be enough to see us getting the playoffs though.

My point exactly. A long time ago and not even in the league!

I have Leicester City friends and everytime we play them I know we will not beat them even if we play well!

In all fairness we haven't played them in the league for donkeys years. I'm sure we beat them last time we were in the 'old' 2nd division, home though, not away.

My point exactly. A long time ago and not even in the league!

I have Leicester City friends and everytime we play them I know we will not beat them even if we play well!

City never do well at Colchester and we won there. In fact we have played them 21 times at Layer Road in 50 dd years and we have only won something like 7 games there in that time.

However away at Leicester the record is even poorer.

We have played Leicester away 31 times (plus half a game that was abandon at half time with the scores being 0-0) and have only won 4 times drawn 10 and lost 17.

At AG we have played 29 won 13 drawn 7 and lost 9 so it's been much better at Ag down the years however they beat us already at AG. The season we last beat them was also the last time we drawn with them(92/93)

The last time they won at AG they beat us 3-0 in the return fixture at there place. What is really interesting is where the first encounter has been between us at AG and they have lost we have never gone on to win at there place in the return fixture. You have to go all the way back to 76/77 for where we have lost at AG and drawn at there place (0-0) That also happened to be in March.

You could say our form against them was better when they were known as Leicester Fosse, Home we played 10 won 7 drawn 1 and lost 2 away we won 3 drawn 2 and lost 5. So could you ask your friends if they would consider a name change?

Considering all of that I will take a draw from this one.

Archived