IGNORED

Back 2 Back Promotion ?

PAPA650

:englandsmile4wf: Has any team done a dbl promotion, if GJ does take us to the promise land surelly he would be high on the honours list for managers to do so much in such a little time !!!!

i remember the 70's and ALAN DICKS promotion felt good then but GJ doing it so fast gives me a real buzz, surelly he will be up for manager of the year even if we did not get promoted ! remember we were fav's to go back down and all season media saying the bubble will burst well GJ and THE BOYS for prooving them all wrong yessssssssssssssss

still would like to see BROOKER back him and adebola and even trundle would link up well i think ? i see he scored again today so back to back for him also !!! well done boys 7 wins to go for the promise land :fingerscrossed:

:englandsmile4wf: Has any team done a dbl promotion, if GJ does take us to the promise land surelly he would be high on the honours list for managers to do so much in such a little time !!!!

i remember the 70's and ALAN DICKS promotion felt good then but GJ doing it so fast gives me a real buzz, surelly he will be up for manager of the year even if we did not get promoted ! remember we were fav's to go back down and all season media saying the bubble will burst well GJ and THE BOYS for prooving them all wrong yessssssssssssssss

still would like to see BROOKER back him and adebola and even trundle would link up well i think ? i see he scored again today so back to back for him also !!! well done boys 7 wins to go for the promise land :fingerscrossed:

Did Reading do it back to back? Possibly Watford aswell

watford and man city are the only two clubs to do back to back promotions to the premier league... not to sure about the old division one though.... Either way the man is GOD!!!

Didn't Ipswich get promoted up through the divisions in 50s?

Their manager?

One Alf Ramsey!

Bring it on - Johnson for England BUT NOT YET!

Actually, I've just looked it up:

3rd division south to 1st (ie League 2 to Prem, young'uns) - they didn't do it in consecutive seasons, mind you, it took a few in the old div 2 before they went up.

Still, you need a pretty special manager - like what we've got!

watford and man city are the only two clubs to do back to back promotions to the premier league... not to sure about the old division one though.... Either way the man is GOD!!!

Notts County did it

Won Division 3 Play Offs in 89/90

Won Divsion 2 Play Offs in 90/91

To Reach Old Division 1 in 91/92 before Premier League started in 92/93

Not a back to back promption as such but If I recall correctly -

Forest under Cloughie went from old 2nd Div to being champions of 1st in succesive seasons

Now CHAMPIONS at first attempt .......that really would be something else

Couldn't happen these days though...could it?

Also ...I don't think any manager has ever taken BCFC through back to back Promo's?

Also ...I don't think any manager has ever taken BCFC through back to back Promo's?

Nope, this would definitely be a first.

And if we could finish in the top two, we'd be the first team to be promoted automatically back to back from the third tier to the premiership. Man City, Watford and Notts all had to use the pray-offs.

Many clubs have done it over the last 30 years or so.

From Division 1 to the Premiership:

Watford

Man City

Sheff Utd

Oxford

Derby

Middlesbrough

From League 2 to Championship:

Southend (twice!)

Brighton

Rotherham

Bury

Wolves

Cambridge

Grimsby

I'm pretty sure Hull also went from League 2 to the Championship.

Archived