IGNORED

A Tale Of Two Wingers

leepeacock's50phead

Just trying to start a debate here, but in my view Sproule is looking like a guy with a lot of pace but not a brain in his head whereas Mcindoe is looking like our most influential left winger since Alan Walsh.

If anyone cares, they can look through the threads on here and recall how I doubted Sproule months ago and I think it spoke volumes when, against Palace the other night, the influential McIndoe had to point to where he wanted Sproule to be (ie running on to the ball) rather than just giving him the ball at his feet and hoping his pace will take him through players.

I hope as much as anyone that he becomes a top winger for us but as a season ticket holder in the dolman, he just doesn't look to have the head on him to take advantage of the undoubted pace he possesses.

This is my opinion, what yours?

Just trying to start a debate here, but in my view Sproule is looking like a guy with a lot of pace but not a brain in his head whereas Mcindoe is looking like our most influential left winger since Alan Walsh.

If anyone cares, they can look through the threads on here and recall how I doubted Sproule months ago and I think it spoke volumes when, against Palace the other night, the influential McIndoe had to point to where he wanted Sproule to be (ie running on to the ball) rather than just giving him the ball at his feet and hoping his pace will take him through players.

I hope as much as anyone that he becomes a top winger for us but as a season ticket holder in the dolman, he just doesn't look to have the head on him to take advantage of the undoubted pace he possesses.

This is my opinion, what yours?

Agreed McIndoe is good but not as goos as Walshy. When McIndoe is averaging nearly 20 goals a season then come back and I'll agree with you

http://www.citystats.org.uk/playerdetail.a...45&filter=W

Agreed McIndoe is good but not as goos as Walshy. When McIndoe is averaging nearly 20 goals a season then come back and I'll agree with you

http://www.citystats.org.uk/playerdetail.a...45&filter=W

agree with the sentiments but I really don't think a left winger has had SUCH an impact since, and this makes it such an important signing for GJ, not least because they had such a falling out at Yeovil.

A better left winger since Sir Walsh and I will fall on my sword!

Sproule hasn't been in professional football that long and this is his first season as a starter and his first season in England. I think he has improved since his first few games for us and will continue to do so.

McIndoe is immense and has been a great signing.

thats a fair point, only after reading your post did i realise he hadn't been a professional that long.

I just hope Scotty Murray can install the same ethic in the boy to make a run and take a chance on a pass and teach him some positional awareness.

I personally have been very impressed with the way Bradley Orr has stepped up this season and can't help but think that he would benefit from a more astute player in front of him.

Archived