IGNORED

Goldfinger Nightmare

Nogbad the Bad

Steve Lansdowne interviewed Lennie Lawrence as well as GJ when the manager's job at City was vacant.

Imagine this nightmare scenario..... first choice GJ says he's interested but isn't willing to leave Yeovil during the season but will be ready to move on in the close season.

Lawrence impresses just about enough and City are desperate for a steady hand on the tiller without delay, so SL appoints him on a 3 year deal..

Lawrence can't stop City's freefall and City are relegated to the basement. :surrender:

At the end of the season, GJ is ready for pastures new and a big challenge and Dungturd moves in and somehow persuades him to take over at Rovers. :grr::o

GJ then works his usual magic and hauls the gas up to immediate promotion while City, having sold half the team after being relegated and still in freefall under the stymied and floundering Lawrence, flirt with relegation to the conference. Doesn't even bear thinking about. :shocking:

That nightmarish enough for you? GJ would never have blemished his CV by going to the gas of course but nightmares of this magnitude don't take account of realities like that.

Let's just be eternally thankful SL persuaded Goldfinger to jump ship to AG when he did. :city::yes:

Why would GJ have left Yeovil for a smaller club?

In this scenario GJ has taken Yeovil as far as he can and wants to move on to a club with more potential.

O.K., only a bit more, but Rovers are nearby and as I say, 'somehow persuade him.'

Don't forget City are now enslaved to a 3 year contract to Lawrence, have been relegated and in such disarray that more than half the team have been released or sold.

In fact, in this nightmare scenario, if GJ wanted to release the potential of a Bristol club, at this particular time the gas could even be seen as the better short term bet. :angry:

Even if there was a vacancy at the now Lawrence controlled plummeting BCFC. :ranting:

In this scenario GJ has taken Yeovil as far as he can and wants to move on to a club with more potential.

O.K., only a bit more, but Rovers are nearby and as I say, 'somehow persuade him.'

Don't forget City are now enslaved to a 3 year contract to Lawrence, have been relegated and in such disarray that more than half the team have been released or sold.

In fact, in this nightmare scenario, if GJ wanted to release the potential of a Bristol club, at this particular time the gas could even be seen as the better short term bet. :angry:

Even if there was a vacancy at the now Lawrence controlled plummeting BCFC. :ranting:

Bloody 'ell Noggers haven't you given a thought that impressionable young City fans may get to read this? :shocking:

I'm off for a counselling session first thing tomorrow!

That's a fairly horrible thought, but I think you're being a little harsh on Lennie Lawrence.

Without wanting to praise the dark side too much, they've done quite well under the current managerial team compared to the previous few seasons. There's no way that Lennie Lawrence would have achieved what Gary Johnson has done for the City but I've not seen anything to suggest that he'd cause a slide to the bottom of the basement.

There's one worse candidate, and that's Bryan Robson. Its an endless source of bafflement to me why any club would choose him as manager. He's got a fairly consistent track record of mediocrity and he comes across as having the charisma of a castrated rabbit.

Archived