IGNORED

How Many Did We Take Today?

GeoTheCiderHead

For a team in the position were in and forgetting about cost etc, it was a poor away following. Talking to some Colchester lads after the game, they said it was one of the poorest away followings of the season for a Saturday. I think there away end holds about 1,800.

Think whether people like the reason or not, this fixture is the result of "cherry picking" the run-in to match finances.

Not the easiest to reach from Bristol traffic-wise, a ground well known for being the crappest in the division, unattractive side playing poor football with a key 13 game run in to come with some big ties.

If I was in a financial position not to be able to make it, then this'd be one that'd get the chop I'm afraid.

For a team in the position were in and forgetting about cost etc, it was a poor away following. Talking to some Colchester lads after the game, they said it was one of the poorest away followings of the season for a Saturday. I think there away end holds about 1,800.

I thought the away end only held slightly over 1000 so 600 - 800 isnt to bad. The whole ground only holds around 6000.

Nope. 1, 053 according to the Colchester website.

[email=http://www.cu-fc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/GroundGuide/0,,10424~1019358,00.html]Col U Capacity

I would have thought we had about 800 there. Seating was full and standing was nicely packed.

People like me have only had one pay day since Xmas so money is still tight really. And then there is some much bigger away games coming up, Charlton, Cardiff, Stoke etc. If I would have gone to Colchester I wouldn't be able to go to Charlton. And no disrespect to Colchester but I would rather go to Charlton.

• Admin

Considering the largest away following tat Layer Road this season was 791 I think they were pulling your leg !

But you cant forget about cost, can you? It is a large part of determining peoples attendance, as in the case quoted below.

People like me have only had one pay day since Xmas so money is still tight really. And then there is some much bigger away games coming up, Charlton, Cardiff, Stoke etc. If I would have gone to Colchester I wouldn't be able to go to Charlton. And no disrespect to Colchester but I would rather go to Charlton.

But you cant forget about cost, can you? It is a large part of determining peoples attendance, as in the case quoted below.

Totally agree. this discussion has been done to death what with season ticket price debates, yet we still find people who don't see the cost of following football these days a problem. Just match ticket and travel for an away game is £50+...then all your extra's on top.

I would have loved to have gone yesterday, but with games away at Cardiff, Southampton, Stoke and Sheff u come up....for some of us, away games have to be carefully chosen

Archived