IGNORED

East End Occupiers, Harsh On The Other Stands?

SyntaxtheRed

Often the EE crew on here i feel are overly harsh on the atmosphere of the other stands. I sit at the Back of the Atyeo behind the goal and there is a fairly vocal group of fans situated around me and i think at times we've made some good noise this season. Against Palace we were very vocal and can't remember more than 5 mins goiung by without a song or chant, in other games this season we know we've been audible as we've received waves from the home dugout, surely our songs have an impact on the overal atmosphere. there are always small groups of fans in The Dolman too that are audible and the Dolman and the Atyeo combine well with 'come on you reds'. From where i sit the atmosphere in the East End looks great and i love the way it adds to the atmosphere but sometimes i feel that the EE feel they're the only ones that contribute and i feel thats unfairly harsh on the Dolman and Atyeo. The Williams however is very quiet.

Thoughts?

(i raised this point briefly in another thread but got no reply)

SyntaxtheRed, i have always said that i don't mind how anyone else watches football aslong as everyone is allowed to do it in a way they want too.

If people like you and other want to sit in the atyeo and get a few songs going than thats good but if other people want sit down and watch the game without making a noise i don't have a problem with that either.

There are things that are getting to season ticket holders in the east end and they feel that they are being hard done by, when fans like yourself don't have any restrictions or problems.

Often the EE crew on here i feel are overly harsh on the atmosphere of the other stands. I sit at the Back of the Atyeo behind the goal and there is a fairly vocal group of fans situated around me and i think at times we've made some good noise this season. Against Palace we were very vocal and can't remember more than 5 mins goiung by without a song or chant, in other games this season we know we've been audible as we've received waves from the home dugout, surely our songs have an impact on the overal atmosphere. there are always small groups of fans in The Dolman too that are audible and the Dolman and the Atyeo combine well with 'come on you reds'. From where i sit the atmosphere in the East End looks great and i love the way it adds to the atmosphere but sometimes i feel that the EE feel they're the only ones that contribute and i feel thats unfairly harsh on the Dolman and Atyeo. The Williams however is very quiet.

Thoughts?

are you accusing us of elitism?

or do you feel inadequate?

the atmosphere at ashton gate speaks for itself.

with the eastend = good

without it = bad.

SyntaxtheRed, i have always said that i don't mind how anyone else watches football aslong as everyone is allowed to do it in a way they want too.

If people like you and other want to sit in the atyeo and get a few songs going than thats good but if other people want sit down and watch the game without making a noise i don't have a problem with that either.

I agree with you 100% , but thats not the point i was making, i just feel that those in other stands that help the atmosphere are often ignored when the grounds atmosphere is discussed. almost a 'without the EE noone would sing at all' attitude. which as i said i think is unfair on those who do boost the noise levels.

Guest WellyCiderHead

Ive been in the EE every game this year and i don't know if its the way the stand is designed but we cannot hear anything reallyfrom the other stands.

Apart from the COME ON U REDS when we have a corner cant hear a peep.

I think the low roof and that don't help but it does seem quiet

are you accusing us of elitism?

or do you feel inadequate?

the atmosphere at ashton gate speaks for itself.

with the eastend = good

without it = bad.

I totally support the East End, it makes the atmosphere a lot better but yeh i guess i do feel there is some elitism in a mild form. just feel that the other stands do make a big impact on the atmosphere and that fact is often ignored. if it was justt the EE making noise then the atmosphere would be really bad.

The EE have been very vocal this year particularly in the last few games, and their support has really helped add to the general atmosphere. But i do agree that because the noise is so amplified when you are in the EE, they must sometime think they are the only people making a noise.

From my vantage point on the halfway line in the Williams stand I have been impressed by the noise levels coming from all corners of the ground on occasions. The EE is certainly the most continuously vocal, and often starts the rest of the ground going. Doman Block B can be quite loud and when that spreads to the rest of the stand it's pretty impressive. Even the Williams has it's moments and has started a few chants this season.

But there is no doubt that the loudest stand of all is the Atyeo.

Thoughts?

Ive been in the EE every game this year and i don't know if its the way the stand is designed but we cannot hear anything reallyfrom the other stands.

Apart from the COME ON U REDS when we have a corner cant hear a peep.

I think the low roof and that don't help but it does seem quiet

If you shut up long enough you will which is an indication of why you hear little of the other stands. Keep singing and you will hear nothing which is how it should be.

at bringbacktherobin - it would be great to have a stand organisation. the stand would be better if those that really wanted to go for it could sit all together, not sure i'm the one to do it but - who knows ;)

----

I'm not ttrying tp start a my stands better than yours argument just wanted to point out that other stands also make some good noise that shouldn't be dismissed.

I totally support the East End, it makes the atmosphere a lot better but yeh i guess i do feel there is some elitism in a mild form. just feel that the other stands do make a big impact on the atmosphere and that fact is often ignored. if it was justt the EE making noise then the atmosphere would be really bad.

there were times last season it was bad

we can't let them happen again

maybe its time for you to start an atyeo ultras group

i'd like that

at bringbacktherobin - it would be great to have a stand organisation. the stand would be better if those that really wanted to go for it could sit all together, not sure i'm the one to do it but - who knows ;)

----

I'm not ttrying tp start a my stands better than yours argument just wanted to point out that other stands also make some good noise that shouldn't be dismissed.

As a Front of Dolman (Library) sitter (right in the middle) - I can say the East End do a great job - sometimes the Atyeo and Dolman kick up a tune (Dolman sometimes as loud if not louder than EE - but the only real roar is when all 3 (Dolman, EE and Atyeo) get it together - then it sounds great - maybe a few mobile phone links between the stands

Williams - maybe just where I am but that side always seem quiet

Keep the EE going though - respect to all of them :clapping:

in a ideal world i'd like every noisy BCFC fan in one place to make the gate rock and look like the liverpool kop

but i can deam.

motivation is the word needed here, if we can motivate each other to create a rocking ashton gate then

then it's a good thing for all stands, those in the atyeo should mirror what is being done in the EE,

get the flags, scarves and drums, make a noise to, and if they are then keep it up.

We want an atmosphere all round the stadium and encorage others to do it.

Cider I up Landlord

Those who started the campaign to get the East End open got slagged and abused for it. But it has been a resounding success at improving the atmosphere of Ashton Gate. The East End does not have to replicated, you do not have to mimic others but educate those around you of what can be possible and acceptable in your stand of choice. If any other fans want to piss on your chips and think vocal support is an inconvenience to them point out the players want it and the manager wants it. All it requires to make a difference is your effort.

:clapping: Well done to all our fellow Redz for breathing new life into the East End. :clapping:

In the halcyon days of the East End in the mid to late 1970's the East End terrace was THE place in Bristol to be seen and heard. I remember happily walking home with the East End noise still ringing in my ears and happily singing all the East End songs we'd all sung that matchday. I'll never expect the East End to ever be that good again, with all the crappy seats on it, but it's great hearing our East Enders ringing a roar around the Gate once more. :winner_third_h4h:

there were times last season it was bad

we can't let them happen again

maybe its time for you to start an atyeo ultras group

i'd like that

Yeah that sounds good. A little bit of competition between the stands can only be good for atmosphere.

Personally I feel at times that the EE (yes that includes me) are a bit harsh on other stands. The point of it though is to try and make other stands 'raise their game'.

Guest churchill gaffer

I am a great believer in unrestricted seating!

The atmosphere is always affected when you stop friends sitting by each other!

Why cant we have unrestricted season tickets in the home end?

This would also make people turn up early instead of turning up late and causing arguments about who is sitting where.

This could be done in the home end only, and the singers could sit together.

If people want their own seats, then they could use the other stands.

That's what you call a very clever, double edged motivation trick to get both stands very noisy

this coming saturday by pumping both up on here before hand .

:farmer:

You may say that. I couldn't possibly comment :innocent06:

Of course the Atyeo is louder - it's got ten times as many people in it. But the EE wins hands down when it comes to continuous noise and originality.

I like the idea of healthy competiton between the stands, but I really don't want to go down the 'my stand is better than yours' road. When all is said and done, we are all City fans and we've got six games left to unite as one and sing the boys into the Premiership.

The east end is loud in generally yes,

however to be honest sitting in the atyeo majority of the time and the dolman once this season, I don't think the Atyeo this season has been any louder or quieter than any previous season.

as for the other comment on the east end, I agree about the vocals in there, the problem is you can't hear a thing from anywhere else in the ground, whether there is much noise or not, which is also a VERY common view from away fans over the years.

You may say that. I couldn't possibly comment :innocent06:

Of course the Atyeo is louder - it's got ten times as many people in it. But the EE wins hands down when it comes to continuous noise and originality.

I like the idea of healthy competiton between the stands, but I really don't want to go down the 'my stand is better than yours' road. When all is said and done, we are all City fans and we've got six games left to unite as one and sing the boys into the Premiership.

Tiz louder in there when thy talk down the mic, the pa speakers are much better in the atyeo :tongue:

But yes healthy competiton is needed and we need to make a noise at home

the main point is boys and girls is that the players can hear us.

Archived