IGNORED

Dele Chat

mozo

Dunno if already posted, but makes crackin reading...

FootballWriter

Both part 1 and 2 have some good quotes such as Dele:

"I did it with Birmingham and I know what it takes," said the Robins striker, "They were a bit different in that they assembled an expensive side full of big-name players.

"But Gary Johnson has put together a group of lads from the lower leagues who are all ambitious to do well and prove themselves.

"The togetherness of the lads, and the stories behind some of them - if you've got time you want to ask some of them.

"Some of the stuff that you hear, it just seems like everything is coming right at the right time. Things that they've had to go through to get to this stage.

"The goalkeeper Basso has always dreamed about playing in the Premier League and he talked about how he was at Arsenal, but ended up playing in non-league football.

"He was always I'm going to be playing up there and he always had the belief in himself that he would be playing Premier League football.

"Then he got a call from Bristol City out of nowhere and now he's probably the best goalkeeper in this division.

What an excellent read. Adebola speaks very well and like a man who is very happy with his lot at the moment!

That compounds everything i have heard about the togetherness in the squad and that real desire to succeed which has got us this close. We're all in this together and it is so refreshing to hear our players talk with such an intensity and belief that we can do it.

I put it all down to Mario Kart on the Nintendo DS!!

And who springs to mind when you read this bit....?

"This is team that's built on criteria of types of people, it's not about how much has been paid for them it's more about whether they're going to fit into the system that's being played."

Archived