IGNORED

E-day 28 February

Eddie Hitler

Well, this just goes to show quite how much of this carbon footprint nonsense exists only in the heads of politicians and journalists desperate to fill column space:

E-Day asked people to switch off electrical devices they did not need over a period of 24 hours, with the National Grid monitoring consumption.

The event received backing from campaign groups such as Greenpeace, Christian Aid and the RSPB, and from major energy companies such as EDF, E.On and Scottish Power.

The Grid's final figures showed national electricity consumption for the 24 hours (from 1800 Wednesday to 1800 Thursday) was 0.1% above the "business-as-usual" projection.

:laugh:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7270218.stm

Peak oil (probably already here) means energy prices will rise relentlessly so pure cost will mean people will steady reduce their energy consumption anyway. All this media attention just flatters the egos of publicity-seeking shysters like Al Gore but is really, as was ably demonstrated yesterday, a waste of time.

Whenever i read or listen to some arsewipe of a politician telling me to watch my carbon footprint it spurs me on to deliberately put my foot down on the car throttle, stop my recycling, start a garden fire, take the 4x4 to work, book the longest flight you can, leave my pc on at night but more importantly, turn the tv/radio off to stop myself listening to the hypocritical self serving arseholes who are the worst offenders of any of us.

They have the power and resources to do something about it, yet choose to squander the money on things people don't want, like the EU or invading countries.

Anyway, global warming is a con, designed to inflict more taxes on the people. It's just a natural process that we go through, but the way the country is set up, people are being scared into believing its not natural. Can't wait for the shocking news reports in Spring on Glacier melts in the artic.

Archived