IGNORED

Jamie Mccoombe

BITW

Great tremendous amazing brilliant over head kick to send city top of the league.

Who would have though Boom boom would have scored an over head kick...

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT WE WOULD BE TOP OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP WITH 11 GAMES TO GO!!!!

COMMEE ON UUU REDDDDSSSSS :goingup:

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

I felt really deflated at half-time. Little did I know that 50 seconds into the second half McCombe would score an overhead kick!!

Brian Wilson slotted in really well, Johnson was class adn Boom Boom was rock solid.

But McIndoe was immense. His work-rate was awe-inspiring, as if he wanted to lead by example. What a win.

I felt really deflated at half-time. Little did I know that 50 seconds into the second half McCombe would score an overhead kick!!

Brian Wilson slotted in really well, Johnson was class adn Boom Boom was rock solid.

But McIndoe was immense. His work-rate was awe-inspiring, as if he wanted to lead by example. What a win.

We ground out a win today against the form team in the league, fantastic result

Agree with above and Boom Boom was my man of the match but Wilson?? don't really blame him but he looked terrified..in fact the whole team seemed nervous didn't they?

Probably cause we are getting very very close people.... :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Mccombe overhead kick?? wonder if he's bin workin on that in training?????

If you see your 6ft 5 centre half score a over head kick, you start to believe its going to happen.

Exactly. His goal at carlisle last season was seen as a huge turning point. This goal could prove to be similar!!!

I actually can't believe that Jamie McCombe scored an OHK, it's actually rediculous, was the first time i have laughed not cheered when we have scored!

I think I laughed more than I actually cheered, when I seen Boom Boom's overhead kick goal as well!

I thought it was brilliant, especially considering he is a centre half and not a striker! :winner_third_h4h:

Exactly. His goal at carlisle last season was seen as a huge turning point. This goal could prove to be similar!!!

Still think his goal against Palace could turn out to be more important in the long run.

McCombe has stepped up to the plate over the last month or so.

That goal was amazing fairplay to him!! My man of the match i have to say! And he made it 2-1 which won me £70 :) woooo!!

I wish that a couple of months ago I had put a fiver on Boom Boom to end the season with more goals than Trundle, odds would have been pretty good.

Thing is when the opposition scores u got to try and get over the disappointment quickly and then think positively that we are Bristol City and whilst there is still time on the clock or not(Palace) there is always hope.

made me laugh all the mugs stuck in the dolman bar clambering to get out. serves 'em right!!!

Good to know we are all in this together.

Why would you be happy for any fellow fan to miss any goal. Seems a tad shell fish to me. :disapointed2se:

Personally, I saw it from the steps of the Dolman (after leaving the bar) and could hardly believe it myself when descrbing it to a fellow supporter.

Great goal, totally unexpected!

I remember seeing the ball, and then his leg fly up through the air, I just had time to think, 'flippin heck if that goes in it would be fantastic'...then it did.... gooooooaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllll!!!!!!!

Then the place went wild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In his world inteview said he'd attempted an OHK in the first half & it hit him in the face. :D

Looking forward to seeing his goal on telly tomorrow.

He did, it was very dodgy, thankfully he had fontaine next to him i think. Shouldnt be trying that when you've got a striker bearing down on you.

I don't think McCombe won everything yesterday at all. A couple of times he missed the ball when trying to header and i never feel comfortable when he is the last man

I liked the Hull fan on radio bristol's description of the goal, claiming that he just stuck his leg out and it was lucky and wouldnt be surprised if it came off his shin! We'll see in a minute

Archived