IGNORED

Adriano Basso Man Of The Match !

alandicks

Am I the only one who thought that although Basso's handling and shot saving was good his communication with his defence was shocking.In the last twenty minutes on numerous occsasions with City under pressure the ball from long Hull punts forward should have been his.Instead there was obviously no call and the defender attempted to clear which in blustery conditions was difficult & ended up with the ball back at a Hull players feet..Just felt he could have shown a bit more confidence & helped the defence in difficult conditions by claiming the ball.

Not really a critisism just an observation.

Well done the lads today though I felt the wind spoiled the game.

absolutely right. He didn't deserve man of the match - quite what was going on when Hull hit the post is anyone's guess, although presumably the decision had been made by then. He didn't make any stunning saves, although I appreciate as a keeper you can have a cracking game without doing so. Johnson was quality today, McIndoe covered every inch of the pitch and Dele's first half performance was out of this world - immensely powerful and dangerous.

absolutely right. He didn't deserve man of the match - quite what was going on when Hull hit the post is anyone's guess, although presumably the decision had been made by then. He didn't make any stunning saves, although I appreciate as a keeper you can have a cracking game without doing so. Johnson was quality today, McIndoe covered every inch of the pitch and Dele's first half performance was out of this world - immensely powerful and dangerous.

McIndoe covered every inch of the pitch, defo Man of the Match today

I can't see beyond McCoombe, absolute colossus at the back and a stunning winning goal.

McIndoe played well without support or end product.

Adebloa worked hard, again with little or no support and could hardly move in the last 15 minutes.

I can't see beyond McCoombe, absolute colossus at the back and a stunning winning goal.

McIndoe played well without support or end product.

Adebloa worked hard, again with little or no support and could hardly move in the last 15 minutes.

agree I thought McCoombe was superb today and deserved man of the match.........was great to see the elation ( or was it shock ) on his face when he scored along with he surprised look of my fellow fans in theAteyo stand .......

Am I the only one who thought that although Basso's handling and shot saving was good his communication with his defence was shocking.In the last twenty minutes on numerous occsasions with City under pressure the ball from long Hull punts forward should have been his.Instead there was obviously no call and the defender attempted to clear which in blustery conditions was difficult & ended up with the ball back at a Hull players feet..Just felt he could have shown a bit more confidence & helped the defence in difficult conditions by claiming the ball.

Not really a critisism just an observation.

Well done the lads today though I felt the wind spoiled the game.

alandicks :winner_third_h4h: , on today's performance, against a very good Hull City side, this must be the best team BCFC have put out since the 1978/79 season when we finished 13th in the top flight. The wind did spoil the game at times but the wind did seem to be on our side unlike one of the linesmen that gave 4 decisions for offside against us that clearly seemed onside. :noexpression:

McIndoe and Adebola were our best players today- just like they were at Colchester. McCombe also did his duties very well along with scoring a fantastic, yet somewhat hilarious, goal.

I don't really remember Basso making that many saves or any good ones anyway so not sure why he got it.

alandicks :winner_third_h4h: , on today's performance, against a very good Hull City side, this must be the best team BCFC have put out since the 1978/79 season when we finished 13th in the top flight. The wind did spoil the game at times but the wind did seem to be on our side unlike one of the linesmen that gave 4 decisions for offside against us that clearly seemed onside. :noexpression:

It's difficult to compare.I will always think the promotion side from 1976 was the best because I grew up with them.I watched them come up through the reserves when there was a reserve team game every alternate Saturday then watch them when promoted to the first team.I felt more part of it.

I agree for quality though the likes of Royle,Cormack,Hunter did probably make it a better side but maybe not a better team if you see what I mean.The 1976 side seemed to grow up together.They did have the same team mentality that Johnson has bred in his side.

He is the best manager since myself !!!

McIndoe and Adebola were our best players today- just like they were at Colchester. McCombe also did his duties very well along with scoring a fantastic, yet somewhat hilarious, goal.

I don't really remember Basso making that many saves or any good ones anyway so not sure why he got it.

They were tireless, also Nick Carle worked his socks off shutting down the Hull defence. But for me it has to be Ivan Sproule, never shirked his duties, always looking for the ball, fantastic engine, great runs, immense speed and superb positional play. Well done.

They were tireless, also Nick Carle worked his socks off shutting down the Hull defence. But for me it has to be Ivan Sproule, never shirked his duties, always looking for the ball, fantastic engine, great runs, immense speed and superb positional play. Well done.

Really? I thought Sproule was quite average again. Yes he works hard but he didn't offer much going forward except one bursting run. For me he is very frustrating.

You're being sarcastic, surely?

It's difficult to compare.I will always think the promotion side from 1976 was the best because I grew up with them.I watched them come up through the reserves when there was a reserve team game every alternate Saturday then watch them when promoted to the first team.I felt more part of it.

I did write 'since' the 1978/79 season. The 1976/77 side probably was better given that our first game back in the top flight was away at Arsenal's 'all stars' and we beat them. Things seemed to fall apart when Paul Cheesley got injured against Stoke, had that injury not occurred I don't think we'd have been battling relegation but challenging for Europe.

Dele and McIndoe head and shoulders above everyone else for performance... I rarely agree with the MOM decisions though!!

Spot on. I thought Dele was superb yesterday. Clearly that was one of those 'one games in four' when he's unstoppable that the Coventry fans said when we signed him.

McIndoe continues to amaze me. His performances just seem to keep getting better and better with every game. I don't think I've ever seen such a naturally fit player in my life.

Spot on. I thought Dele was superb yesterday. Clearly that was one of those 'one games in four' when he's unstoppable that the Coventry fans said when we signed him.

McIndoe continues to amaze me. His performances just seem to keep getting better and better with every game. I don't think I've ever seen such a naturally fit player in my life.

Dele was excellent yesterday. Is there any fat on McIndoe's frame? - he just seems like a lean, mean football machine to me and his dribbling skills are fantastic.

Dele was excellent yesterday. Is there any fat on McIndoe's frame? - he just seems like a lean, mean football machine to me and his dribbling skills are fantastic.

No he's a beanpole ain't he, which is surprising considering he used to be an alcoholic. Been a superb signing for us and just keeps getting better. I was a bit sceptical when we signed him with what I'd heard about his attitude and off the field antics but fair play to him, the attitude he's brought a huge belief in himself and unreal desire to win.

No he's a beanpole ain't he, which is surprising considering he used to be an alcoholic. Been a superb signing for us and just keeps getting better. I was a bit sceptical when we signed him with what I'd heard about his attitude and off the field antics but fair play to him, the attitude he's brought a huge belief in himself and unreal desire to win.

Hereford, Yeovil, Doncaster, Wolves and now us. McIndoe's been at a fair few clubs in a short space of time so hopefully he'll stay with us and continue to be a fantastic asset to BCFC. :winner_third_h4h:

Hereford, Yeovil, Doncaster, Wolves and now us. McIndoe's been at a fair few clubs in a short space of time so hopefully he'll stay with us and continue to be a fantastic asset to BCFC. :winner_third_h4h:

He said something about wanting to put down routes when he joined so can't see him going anywhere anytime soon.

thought Basso had a pretty decent game, and made a number of good shots look comfortable.

wasn't a basso fan when he joined, but looking to be the best keeper we have had in a VERY long time,

as for Man of the Match for me close call between McIndoe and Adebola, but Dele just shades, has hit the ground running and looks to be an EXCELLENT signing which has sure proved me wrong. Looks like he will get a fair few goals between now and end of season.

if we don't go up and we can keep the basis of the squad we have now, I wouldn't be shocked to see him get 15-20 next season in the championship.

Archived