IGNORED

Jamie's Magic Bicycle Shot Sends City Pedalling To Top

Blagdon red

Very surprised that you thought Carle had an off game, I thought he did well and was worthy of at least a 7. Also Elliot scoring more than Johnson??

agree, feel Carle had another decent game and was a constant threat it's just surprising he hasn't scored yet, though don't think it will be long, overall though he's constantly looking to link up play between midfield and has settled in VERY well,

Johnson and elliott both had quietish games by their own standard, Elliott recent form is quite concerning.

either way, 13points from the last 15 - unchanged again going to Charlton without doubt.

I think Carle deserved at least a 7, he was very comitted and was always trying to win things.

Glad to see others have said the same thing as I was thinking. BB you do very well most times, but I think Carle was 1.5-2 pts down with a 5.

His possessions of the ball is outstanding and he didn' sherk a challenge yesterday.

7 for me

Have to agree I thought this rating was harsh on Carle:

CARLE: 5/10 Seems to have gone downhill since an impressive debut and his position must be under threat from Noble who, for me, is more effective in that role and ineffective from the bench.

Doesn't reflect what I've seen of him so far and I came away yesterday thinking he had a lively game and lasted the 90 minutes well.

Doesn't reflect what I've seen of him so far and I came away yesterday thinking he had a lively game and lasted the 90 minutes well.

agree, crazy rating about Carle? think he's constantly shown himself since joining to be a better allround player that the player he directly replaced in David Noble, in a the same way Adebola has replaced Enoch.

both players have already looked to be EXCELLENT signings since joining in Jan and have both settled in VERY VERY well into the team, credit must go to Johnson for improving the team at a vital point of the season and easing them into the team effortlessly.

Carle for me, is one player who in a short time has already shown that IF we do go up, that he's one player that will be able to perform without doubt at the prem, to even suggest replacing him with Noble in the team is almost comical, Noble's cameo yesterday showed the difference between him and Carle, with his early chance, fair enough he'd just come on, but it was a terrible effort and summed up for me, why Carle was signed.

Carle and Johnson both had excellent games against a good side. I actually thought that Sproule did a good right midfield job because he was required to contribute in that manner.

It would be great to see him chase down the wing every time he gets the ball but, in that team and set up he had a different role to play.

I also thought he did well to make himself available on many occasions but wasn't used by the man with the ball.

I think the whole of the marking for the performances was way of the mark, once again the opposition were only given cursory credit. An opposition that went to WBA last week and won 2-1.

Rating for Bristol Boy's rating 4

I think Carle deserved at least a 7, he was very comitted and was always trying to win things.

Sorry chaps, but for me, Carle isn't as effective as Noble in that role and his end product in terms of assists & goals is nil.I thought he was very promising on his debut but in a few games he hasn't scored and has an assist record to match.Noble deserves a recall and isn't effective from the bench so start him or drop him alltogether

Sproule obviously has ability but two great goals & a couple of assists for a player with that ability is a poor return on our investment.If I was Brian Wilson or Scott Murray I'd feel a bit peeved at the lack of regular opportunity.

If Carey's fit for Charlton, I'd be inclined to play him at RB and push Wilson forward one.Murray on the bench and Sproule dropped from the squad.

Sorry chaps, but for me, Carle isn't as effective as Noble in that role and his end product in terms of assists & goals is nil.I thought he was very promising on his debut but in a few games he hasn't scored and has an assist record to match.Noble deserves a recall and isn't effective from the bench so start him or drop him alltogether

Sproule obviously has ability but two great goals & a couple of assists for a player with that ability is a poor return on our investment.If I was Brian Wilson or Scott Murray I'd feel a bit peeved at the lack of regular opportunity.

If Carey's fit for Charlton, I'd be inclined to play him at RB and push Wilson forward one.Murray on the bench and Sproule dropped from the squad.

I don't know why you want to change the team so much I think its a bit pointless this team is on a great run lets not change it.

Carle and Johnson both had excellent games against a good side.

I though they were poor & average in that order.Johnson didn't play as well as he has in the last few games home & away.I'll exclude Colchester because I wasn't there.

I actually thought that Sproule did a good right midfield job because he was required to contribute in that manner.

If we want someone that can get up & down and tackle we'd be better off with Wilson in that role and Murray on the bench to come on if we're chasing the game.

It would be great to see him chase down the wing every time he gets the ball but, in that team and set up he had a different role to play.

I also thought he did well to make himself available on many occasions but wasn't used by the man with the ball.

Service to the front players has been an issue for years however, if you contrast Sproule's contribution with McIndoe's you'll see that McIndoe does far better with what I'll agree is scant service on occassions.

I think the whole of the marking for the performances was way of the mark, once again the opposition were only given cursory credit. An opposition that went to WBA last week and won 2-1.

I can't mark City based on Hull's performance last week.I thought both teams did well in light of the conditions and said so. I've seen most of the teams home & away and I'd rate a few higher than Hull, who I've now seen play us twice.They're a decent team and, like all of the teams in this Division they can beat any of the others on their day.That's why the CCC is so exciting.

I don't know why you want to change the team so much I think its a bit pointless this team is on a great run lets not change it.

agreed

One of the first rules of Gary Johnson - Don't change a winning team unless it's a forced change.

13 points from the last 15......with the pretty much the same team apart from Injury/Suspenion to Carey/Orr goes to suggest that the right players are being picked.

So if Carey's fit for Charlton, you wouldn't play him?

The time to make slight changes is when you're doing well and that's why we signed Adebola & Carle when we were doing well and changed the team-That's how you improve overall.

agree, crazy rating about Carle? think he's constantly shown himself since joining to be a better allround player that the player he directly replaced in David Noble,

In terms of goals & assists for an attacking midfielder?

both players have already looked to be EXCELLENT signings since joining in Jan and have both settled in VERY VERY well into the team, credit must go to Johnson for improving the team at a vital point of the season and easing them into the team effortlessly.

So GJ CHANGED a succesful team then, didn't he?? And quite right to-That's exactly what the top managers do to hone and improve things.

Carle for me, is one player who in a short time has already shown that IF we do go up, that he's one player that will be able to perform without doubt at the prem,

Initially, I would have agreed & did.However, his recent performances haven't been up to that early standard, home & away.We won't know who can and who can't perform in The Prem until we get there and we have eleven cup finals to play before we get there.

to even suggest replacing him with Noble in the team is almost comical, Noble's cameo yesterday showed the difference between him and Carle, with his early chance, fair enough he'd just come on, but it was a terrible effort and summed up for me, why Carle was signed.

Noble's not a good sub and should either start or be dropped out of the squad IMHO.When I look at Noble's contribution overall when he's started & Carle I think Noble comes out ahead on goals, team shape & assists.

agree, crazy rating about Carle? think he's constantly shown himself since joining to be a better allround player that the player he directly replaced in David Noble,

maybe, but when looking at the amount of games Noble has played and the fact that he has been part of the club at the club for the last couple of seasons and knows the teams shape, the amount of assists and goals is terrible? combined total of 3? Poor, carle hasn't had a direct impact in those stats, but considering he's come in and hit the ground running his overall performances have justified and continue to justify his inclusion in the team, in mine and as it seems OTHERS view.

So GJ CHANGED a succesful team then, didn't he?? And quite right to-That's exactly what the top managers do to hone and improve things.

yes, but he brought them into the team at the right time and because they improved the team and both have PROVED to be better than the players they replaced, at the moment I don't see what Noble has done to deserve to start? he's only just got his place back on the bench, so for now he will have to do with that

Carle for me, is one player who in a short time has already shown that IF we do go up, that he's one player that will be able to perform without doubt at the prem,

Initially, I would have agreed & did.However, his recent performances haven't been up to that early standard, home & away.We won't know who can and who can't perform in The Prem until we get there and we have eleven cup finals to play before we get there.

it's well known you have been on your hols lately ,so how you can judge that, I'm very unsure?

to even suggest replacing him with Noble in the team is almost comical, Noble's cameo yesterday showed the difference between him and Carle, with his early chance, fair enough he'd just come on, but it was a terrible effort and summed up for me, why Carle was signed.

Noble's not a good sub and should either start or be dropped out of the squad IMHO.When I look at Noble's contribution overall when he's started & Carle I think Noble comes out ahead on goals, team shape & assists.

No, he's not a good sub, but to get a starting place, he has to be able to show himself to be good enough to replace Carle, as previously said, he's just got his place back on the bench until he can prove himself worth a starting place from sub performances he can't even consider himself worthy of taking carle's starting role, much like Byfield and Trundle have to wait for starting place due to Dele's form, Nobles has had plenty of chances this season but has constantly shown himself to be unable to control and influence a game for 90mins, something Carle is able to do.

I actually thought that Sproule did a good right midfield job because he was required to contribute in that manner. HR

If we want someone that can get up & down and tackle we'd be better off with Wilson in that role and Murray on the bench to come on if we're chasing the game. BB

Well....no. Apparently not because Sproule has been the one playing in a successful side for the majority of the season. If GJ or KM thought he wasn't doing the job they required they would have played either of the players you mention.

It's becoming increasingly difficult to understand the point in talking about individual performances within this team. The only thing that matters is whether the WHOLE performs, and time and time again it has, with Sproule in it.

Once again, whether you want to believe it, the only opinion that matters is the one that belongs to GJ and he appears happy to play Sproule and therefore so am I.

The time to make slight changes is when you're doing well and that's why we signed Adebola & Carle when we were doing well and changed the team-That's how you improve overall.

At right back no I would not.

PS - Sproule does track back quite a bit he ran the whole pitch against Palace!

We missed him lots when we played against QPR.

Who do you drop to bring Carey back though?

Mccombes getting better and fonts is playing pretty well?

Also you have to take into account that its going to take a while for Carle to get to grips with the english footy style as he played in turkey before and aussie whereas noble has been playing in the UK all his career.

IMO i would prefer carle to start he's the kind of player who could create something out of nothing and I'm sure his form will improve soon

I actually thought that Sproule did a good right midfield job because he was required to contribute in that manner. HR

If we want someone that can get up & down and tackle we'd be better off with Wilson in that role and Murray on the bench to come on if we're chasing the game. BB

Well....no. Apparently not because Sproule has been the one playing in a successful side for the majority of the season. If GJ or KM thought he wasn't doing the job they required they would have played either of the players you mention.

Not that the transfer fee would have effected that? The blokes not doing it and it's the almost the same argument that DW used about playing Wilkshire wide right after signing him to replace Murray-He'll come good.Sorry,but it's to long in coming and other players could do better & deserve a chance if we're to get the wins that'll see us promoted.

It's becoming increasingly difficult to understand the point in talking about individual performances within this team. The only thing that matters is whether the WHOLE performs, and time and time again it has, with Sproule in it.

On the basis that the whole is the sum of the constituent parts, then improving some of those parts may well be the right thing to do.I'll never believe that playing someone who's playing badly actually helps.

Once again, whether you want to believe it, the only opinion that matters is the one that belongs to GJ and he appears happy to play Sproule and therefore so am I.

Christ, never saw you as one of the BFP-May as well close this forum down.

At right back no I would not.

PS - Sproule does track back quite a bit he ran the whole pitch against Palace!

We missed him lots when we played against QPR.

No one's complaining about his work rate or his ability.It's the end product in terms of goals & assists that's missing.

If Orr was available I'd play Carey next to McCombe at Charlton-However, he's not so, yes, I'd play Carey at RB for his leadership and Carey actually had a fine season in that postn when Murray scored 20+ goals from the wing.It's a tough call but we'll need leaders at the Valley.

Agree with that, but GJ left out Fonts before-Like I said it's a tough call.

Also you have to take into account that its going to take a while for Carle to get to grips with the english footy style as he played in turkey before and aussie whereas noble has been playing in the UK all his career.

That's irrelevant.Whoever's picked must be ready to perform and at the top of their game with only 11 games left we just haven't got the time to get anyone "up to speed"

IMO i would prefer carle to start he's the kind of player who could create something out of nothing and I'm sure his form will improve soon.

Here's hoping you're right

maybe, but when looking at the amount of games Noble has played and the fact that he has been part of the club at the club for the last couple of seasons and knows the teams shape, the amount of assists and goals is terrible? combined total of 3? Poor, carle hasn't had a direct impact in those stats, but considering he's come in and hit the ground running his overall performances have justified and continue to justify his inclusion in the team, in mine and as it seems OTHERS view.

I think that's dreadfully unfair on a player who's been a major part of our recovery, then success.The best football we've played under GJ was at the end of his first season.Noble's selection and performances was a major part of the now regular 4-4-1-1 formation.Plaed from the start Noble can transform City into a far better passing side and, for all hs effort, I haven't seen Carle do that yet.By stressing OTHERS that's an argument like saying eat $hit, 4 billion flies can't be wrong-If you prefer Carle and think he's better choice than Noble, terrific, just state your opinion-The fact that a few people in this thread think it's true as well doesn't really alter much.

Given the performance of our strikers when starting games, signing Adebola wasn't entirely unpredictable to say the least.Carle's integration included QPR when he played right wing which was a disaster and Blackpool home when he did well in the first half and was poor in the second in the same postn, so I wouldn't call that effortless and his best position is obviously central midfield, then the hole, although I think he could do a decent job on the left flank if McIndoe was missing.He certainly isn't a right winger or a striker.I'm not saying he's a poor player and have marked him highly in the early games but his performances haven't developed in the way I'd have hoped and the goals & assists aren't there-Let's hope that changes at Charlton

yes, but he brought them into the team at the right time and because they improved the team and both have PROVED to be better than the players they replaced, at the moment I don't see what Noble has done to deserve to start? he's only just got his place back on the bench, so for now he will have to do with that.

I don't see the point of selecting Noble as a sub.He's far more effective when he starts games

it's well known you have been on your hols lately ,so how you can judge that, I'm very unsure?

I can judge by the fact that I've missed three games all season-I was only away fro Colchester, not on a six month sebatical. :disapointed2se:

No, he's not a good sub, but to get a starting place, he has to be able to show himself to be good enough to replace Carle, as previously said, he's just got his place back on the bench until he can prove himself worth a starting place from sub performances he can't even consider himself worthy of taking carle's starting role, much like Byfield and Trundle have to wait for starting place due to Dele's form, Nobles has had plenty of chances this season but has constantly shown himself to be unable to control and influence a game for 90mins, something Carle is able to do.

When did Carle control & influence a game for ninety minutes for BCFC???-He's been subbed in most of them :noexpression:

If Orr was available I'd play Carey next to McCombe at Charlton-However, he's not so, yes, I'd play Carey at RB for his leadership and Carey actually had a fine season in that postn when Murray scored 20+ goals from the wing.It's a tough call but we'll need leaders at the Valley.

Agree with that, but GJ left out Fonts before-Like I said it's a tough call.

That's irrelevant.Whoever's picked must be ready to perform and at the top of their game with only 11 games left we just haven't got the time to get anyone "up to speed"

IMO i would prefer carle to start he's the kind of player who could create something out of nothing and I'm sure his form will improve soon.

Here's hoping you're right

It is relivent though, as they are different standard of play and play different football to the english way.

I'm adament that he will come good, you say when has he controlled a game for 90 mins, When has LJ,ELLIOT... infact when has gerrard,lampard etc controlled a game for 90 minutes?!

Sproule won't score 20+ a season i think everyone knows that, if he did he would be in the prem. He's good winger and considering he started as a pro late on he can still improve which I'm sure GJ will do with him.

BW is okay but only as a bench player IMO he covers most positions in the team SM won't get near the team bar injuries IMO unfortunatly as i feel he brings goals to the team, i'd give him a few bench apperances.

Also agree that it is far to early to write off Carle I think he has much better skill and vision than Noble don't get me wrong Nobes is a fantastic player but Carle already looks better imo and its a much better athlete to.

I think Carle will turn into a huge fans fave as time goes on and he has settled into a new country and new team very well. You say he has no goals and assists he only just completed 90 minutes give him a chance. Palace clearly felt he was a big enough threat to put Hughes on his back all day.

Also agree that it is far to early to write off Carle I think he has much better skill and vision than Noble don't get me wrong Nobes is a fantastic player but Carle already looks better imo and its a much better athlete to.

Agree Noble is a top player, but BB also says he doesn't last 90 minutes but how many games has nobes lasted 90 mins?

I think Carle will turn into a huge fans fave as time goes on and he has settled into a new country and new team very well. You say he has no goals and assists he only just completed 90 minutes give him a chance. Palace clearly felt he was a big enough threat to put Hughes on his back all day.

Going by his performances i think he will be a top purchase again from GJ, as you say, palace man marked him out the game good tactical move as it restricted our play.

Carle has put in a workmanlike perfomance since his arrival. Like Noble he has been replaced late in the game, for most of his games. Like Noble and LJ, he has been short on goals. IMO he is a good squad player, but no better than Noble who may indeed be the better player in the hole.

Carle will show his best form from midfield, as his former resume dictates and his Aussie fans inform us. At 27 that is unlikely to change. I have seen nothing to show Carle is as good as Noble in the hole, or LJ in midfield, his natural position.

If Carle actually gets an opportunity at center midfield before seasons end, perhaps we can offer an oppinion.

posted this in another thread as I hadn't seen this one, but feel it is relevant here.

a few teams have recently matched us by playing 5 in midfield and have tried to mark Carle out of the game, which is a compliment to Carle that teams are already trying to keep him not involved in the game despite him only being at City for a short time, with Hull playing 4-4-2 and trying to play against us, rather than just try to stop us from playing (similar to Palace the other week) it meant that Carle wssfree to go about his game.

The thing I like about him is that he's come into a new country and a new league and has adjusted right away, which is the sign of a quality player, that said he still looks like a player that with even more games will improve even further once he's fully settled in on and off the field.

So far though he's shown signs of having a bit of everything, he can pass, he's good with the ball at his feet, barely loses or wastes possesion, good tackler and has shown signs of having a for striking ability (although yet to get a goal)

Johnson has always said when signing players he wants them to be better than players at the club already and wants "another" club for his golf bag, in Nick Carle the Johnson has plucked another player out from obcsurity and Long Term - I sense a bright future for the player......hopefully at City!

People have mentioned his fitness levels, but it's worth remember than when he did sign he hadn't played for a month or so he was making Noble like appearences at first but saturday complete his first full 90. Noble has been here all season and been playing since sept and as of his last start in jan, still wasn't able to complete 90 and when it comes to goals, from a player who's spent most of his time playing the hole. 5 league goals from a player in his position in nearly 2 1/2 years (2 of which were in the rotherham game!), not good enough.

if it comes to a straight choice between Noble and Carle - for me Carle everytime.

Noble - Thanks for what you have done in the past but I believe he will another player moving on in the summer.

QUOTE (hornbeamred @ Mar 2 2008, 7:55 PM) post_snapback.gifI actually thought that Sproule did a good right midfield job because he was required to contribute in that manner. HR

Not that the transfer fee would have effected that? The blokes not doing it and it's the almost the same argument that DW used about playing Wilkshire wide right after signing him to replace Murray-He'll come good.Sorry,but it's to long in coming and other players could do better & deserve a chance if we're to get the wins that'll see us promoted.

On the basis that the whole is the sum of the constituent parts, then improving some of those parts may well be the right thing to do.I'll never believe that playing someone who's playing badly actually helps.

Christ, never saw you as one of the BFP-May as well close this forum down.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no idea what the "BFP" is and to be perfectly honest i really don't care. I don't understand the "lets close the forum down" remark either. The only person in this thread who apparently can't stand the fact that people have opposite opinions to theirs is you.

What I can see is someone who is so far up his own arse that he can't see that his opinion is clearly out of sync with the VAST majority. If you can't see that it would be almost impossible for us to have achieved what we have whilst carrying passengers, then you are clearly deluded.

I am sure you will be insistent on having the last word, so I tell you what, go ahead and come up with one of your clever, "imposssible to quote" replies and we'll leave it at that.

I agree with most of your review as usual but found the ratings somewhat odd.

I think Wilson had a great game considering he was back after so many games out (so many, I'm not even sure how many?). He made an error in the first minute when their forward got in front of him. After that, I'm not sure he made a single mistake.

Also, McCombe was simply awful in the first half. By contrast he was great in the second half, but 8? I thought you judged over the 90 minutes?

And "Entertainment Rating = 6" - what football are you watching where the games are more entertaining than that?

PS Who makes up these posting titles? Sometimes they are inspired.

Archived