IGNORED

Pulis And Warnock

Will Rollason

I know Pulis is loathed on here ,and for good reason but i couldnt help but draw parallels with him and Warnock in their reaction to adversity, especially contentious decisions by the ref.

Warnock moaned and whined like a 2 year old whilst acccusing the ref of cheating him.

Pulis said, after the live game on Sky, that he could understand why his player got sent off( even though it wasnt a sending off offence )and he hoped the ref would admit his mistake. He also said they hadnt played well enough to get anything and would move on.

He said much the same after our game , " no complaints" in fact was what he said and even though he's a welsh saghead etc etc that has to be admired.

If that had been Warnock he would still be whining now. I didnt think it was possible to loathe him more than i did before the Palace game but ......it is....... and i do.

you reds. :englandsmile4wf:

I agree, and would add mymain reason for despising Warnock: he sends his teams out to kick, punch and elbow their way to results. His team's performance against us at Selhurst Park was as big a disgrace as his interview after the game at Ashton Gate, but typical of how his teams have always played if they can get away with it. Some people would say that it's only results that count, and you can't argue that Warnock hasn't had some real achievements in those terms - but if City played like that I really don't think I could bring myself to go and watch them on a regular basis. Winning ugly is one thing (and I'll take that between now and the end of the season) but at the end of the day I want to watch football, not the all-in wrestling of a Warnock team.

From what I saw of Stoke today, they're trying to play the game something like the proper way. Getting the ball into the area early and making the most of dead balls may not make for the prettiest football, but it's a damn sight better than the thuggery of Palace at the moment.

And for all his past faults, Pulis showed a damn sight more class after the game today than I've ever seen from Warnock.

I agree, and would add mymain reason for despising Warnock: he sends his teams out to kick, punch and elbow their way to results. His team's performance against us at Selhurst Park was as big a disgrace as his interview after the game at Ashton Gate, but typical of how his teams have always played if they can get away with it. Some people would say that it's only results that count, and you can't argue that Warnock hasn't had some real achievements in those terms - but if City played like that I really don't think I could bring myself to go and watch them on a regular basis. Winning ugly is one thing (and I'll take that between now and the end of the season) but at the end of the day I want to watch football, not the all-in wrestling of a Warnock team.

From what I saw of Stoke today, they're trying to play the game something like the proper way. Getting the ball into the area early and making the most of dead balls may not make for the prettiest football, but it's a damn sight better than the thuggery of Palace at the moment.

And for all his past faults, Pulis showed a damn sight more class after the game today than I've ever seen from Warnock.

Warnock is a complete ####, he sends his teams out to play like thugs and he talks often offensive nonsense post-match.

Pulis tried his level best to destroy my football club in the mercifully brief time he was here, has been sacked on more than one occasion for gross misconduct, and has signed his son several times despite his son clearly not being good enough for even the gas reserves.

Pulis is in a different league for me. Total scumbag.

And then compare them both to Phil Brown.

yes i originally had him as part of the topic title and his post match comments where very fair but he wasnt reacting to controversial incidents as were pulis and warnock.

Nevertheless Warnock should take a look at Phil Browns attitude and take a good long look at himself.

yes i originally had him as part of the topic title and his post match comments where very fair but he wasnt reacting to controversial incidents as were pulis and warnock.

Nevertheless Warnock should take a look at Phil Browns attitude and take a good long look at himself.

Personally, I like Phil Brown, but reading in between the lines he was calling us a small club(comparing us to Colchester), oh and at the end he did say that the best team didn't win today(!), but was complimentary about the atmos.

Pulis and Warnock are both complete ***** I get the local TV Station which covers the Stoke area and Pulis is often featured. Watch him on SSN and you will notice he looks to one side a lot whilst talking, this is in the body language for telling porkies, it's an automatic reation triggered by the brain apparently.

Brown always compliments the oppo it seems whilst also bigging up his team and to some extent himself. When we played at the KC earlier this season he stated, correcty, that whilst we had 11 players on the pitch we played them off it for over 30 minutes in the first half. But how do you take a person seriously who has to spend an hour a day on a sunbed?

We have worse to come, ny nephew is a Burnley ST holder. They played Watford on saturday and he said to me yesterday that "Watford niggled,time wasted, cheated and were a disgrace". He said he hates them more than he hates Preston now :noexpression: . Tuesday week is going to be worse than the Palace game IMO.

Spot on re Watford, Boothroyd has taken the £30m parachute payment in order to produce a side that to quote an Ipswich fan on 606 yesterday is like this;

"I see you have Watford on Tuesday so I just thought I'd advise anyone who's expecting to see a football match to stay away.

If you like your team to be kicked up in the air and to have the ball launched into the box from 60 yards then you may enjoy it but you won't play a team who spends so much of the game time wasting for the rest of the season".

Boothroyd has Gas in his history, explains it all really.

Pulis and Warnock are both complete ***** I get the local TV Station which covers the Stoke area and Pulis is often featured. Watch him on SSN and you will notice he looks to one side a lot whilst talking, this is in the body language for telling porkies, it's an automatic reation triggered by the brain apparently.

Brown always compliments the oppo it seems whilst also bigging up his team and to some extent himself. When we played at the KC earlier this season he stated, correcty, that whilst we had 11 players on the pitch we played them off it for over 30 minutes in the first half. But how do you take a person seriously who has to spend an hour a day on a sunbed?

In the dark old days when we had that c*ck as a manager a colleague at work who had no real interest in footy said to me he was a shifty so and so as he never looked directly at the camera

FTG

Archived