IGNORED

Song For Dele...

Ray White

The only song I have heard for Dele so far is this one:

However, I've been doing some thinking and I propose another way. If you can remember the Kellogg's Fruit & Fibre advert from not too long ago then you will understand how this will work. It went something along the lines of, 'Hey Mr Kellogg's man, give me your banana, breakfast come and me want some fun...'

Here is the original song by Harry Belafonte: The Banana Boat song

My suggestion is that the song for Dele should be:

'Deeeeleeee, Deeeeeeeeeeeeleeeeeeeeeeee,

Match day come, and he's scoring for fun!'

Definitely be a good one to sing in the EE after a few jars I reckon. Any thoughts?

The only song I have heard for Dele so far is this one:

However, I've been doing some thinking and I propose another way. If you can remember the Kellogg's Fruit & Fibre advert from not too long ago then you will understand how this will work. It went something along the lines of, 'Hey Mr Kellogg's man, give me your banana, breakfast come and me want some fun...'

Here is the original song by Harry Belafonte: The Banana Boat song

My suggestion is that the song for Dele should be:

'Deeeeleeee, Deeeeeeeeeeeeleeeeeeeeeeee,

Match day come, and he's scoring for fun!'

Definitely be a good one to sing in the EE after a few jars I reckon. Any thoughts?

Hmm. Interesting. Not sure it really goes anywhere, though. You need some more lines.

Also, and some may quibble at this idea, but the suggestion of singing banana-related songs to black players kind of died a death back in the 80's.....

Also, and some may quibble at this idea, but the suggestion of singing banana-related songs to black players kind of died a death back in the 80's.....

Agreed. Nice sentiment, originally, but there's a Brent-ish malapropos to the choice of song and lyric.

on saturday I'm sure the song for him in the ayteo was

Do. Do. Do.........Dele Adebola..........(to the conga song) cringeworthy......but it was catchy

Very Very annoying yet also annoyingly very catchy which made it even more annoying! :) Argh in the atyeo? Was heard in F block of Dolman too, that means it's catching on! DOH!

Everytime that tune went up I tried to counter by singing Stevie Brookers song with Dele's name in it instead, I thought it worked quite well.

Archived