IGNORED

Hull City Ratings And Fallout

Ross Verbals

BASSO - Did well with handling shots and crosses, no fumbles or mistakes. Great reaction save from Pederen's header in the first half 8/10

WILSON - Deputised for Orr and was solid, keeping Pedersen wide and didnt get drawn out of position 8/10

FONTAINE - Didn't let Campbell breathe, tackled well and swept up, unlucky oggie 8/10

MCCOMBE - Goal to die for and was monumental at the back, Folan didnt even challenge him for headers in the second half 9/10

MCCALLISTER - Solid at the back, sniffed out Garcia, harshly booked 8/10

SPROULE - Didnt really get in the game, one great surging run lifted the crowd and the team though 7/10

JOHNSON - Not at his usual standard first half, much improved second half 8/10

ELLIOTT - Back to his bustling best, challenging for every lost cause 8/10

CARLE - Worked incredibly hard, strong on the ball and found space between Hull's midfield and defence 8/10

MCINDOE - Another full throttle performance, a great outlet to the team 8/10

ADEBOLA - Absolutely bossed Hull's defence, dominant strong and effective 9/10

With Hull playing 4-4-2, Carle had the freedom to play in the hole and I thought he had his best game yet yesterday, Wilson played well at full back I forgot he is our third choice right back, I was confident in from the get go, which is a great sign of our squad depth and spirit. Adebola was incredible, I liked that he targeted Clement, a nervous debutant playing in an unfamiliar position, it showed experience and ruthlessness, something Showumni sadly doesn't bring to his game. I do wonder though, after such a shift yesterday, if Adebola is going to be physically ready for the tough game on Tuesday? He is indispensible in current form but with 4 games in 14 days coming up, do we risk resting him? I think with 11 games to go it is one last push, and having seen his interview on Sky last week, he wants his last shot at the big time more than anything, so Johnson will just have to monitor the big man. The result against a very good and in form Hull was massive, and it is clear the belief is in the players, and now in the crowd as well, to all those heading to The Valley on Tuesday, enjoy the game, light your candles and bounce around the ground. Always believe...

think you have a point on the formation, a few teams have recently matched us by playing 5 in midfield and have tried to mark Carle out of the game, which is a massive compliment to Carle that teams are already trying to keep him not involved in the game despite him only being at City for a short time.

with Hull playing 4-4-2 and trying to play against us, rather than just try to stop us from playing (similar to Palace the other week) it meant that Carle was free to go about his game.

The thing I like about him is that he's come into a new country and a new league and has adjusted right away, which is the sign of a quality player, that said he still looks like a player that with even more games will improve even further once he's fully settled in on and off the field.

So far though he's shown signs of having a bit of everything, he can pass, he's good with the ball at his feet, barely loses or wastes possesion, good tackler and has shown signs of having a for striking ability (although yet to get a goal)

Johnson has always said when signing players he wants them to be better than players at the club already and wants "another" club for his golf bag, in Nick Carle the Johnson has plucked another player out from obcsurity and Long Term - I sense a bright future for the player......hopefully at City!

BASSO - Did well with handling shots and crosses, no fumbles or mistakes. Great reaction save from Pederen's header in the first half 8/10

WILSON - Deputised for Orr and was solid, keeping Pedersen wide and didnt get drawn out of position 8/10

FONTAINE - Didn't let Campbell breathe, tackled well and swept up, unlucky oggie 8/10

MCCOMBE - Goal to die for and was monumental at the back, Folan didnt even challenge him for headers in the second half 9/10

MCCALLISTER - Solid at the back, sniffed out Garcia, harshly booked 8/10

SPROULE - Didnt really get in the game, one great surging run lifted the crowd and the team though 7/10

JOHNSON - Not at his usual standard first half, much improved second half 8/10

ELLIOTT - Back to his bustling best, challenging for every lost cause 8/10

CARLE - Worked incredibly hard, strong on the ball and found space between Hull's midfield and defence 8/10

MCINDOE - Another full throttle performance, a great outlet to the team 8/10

ADEBOLA - Absolutely bossed Hull's defence, dominant strong and effective 9/10

With Hull playing 4-4-2, Carle had the freedom to play in the hole and I thought he had his best game yet yesterday, Wilson played well at full back I forgot he is our third choice right back, I was confident in from the get go, which is a great sign of our squad depth and spirit. Adebola was incredible, I liked that he targeted Clement, a nervous debutant playing in an unfamiliar position, it showed experience and ruthlessness, something Showumni sadly doesn't bring to his game. I do wonder though, after such a shift yesterday, if Adebola is going to be physically ready for the tough game on Tuesday? He is indispensible in current form but with 4 games in 14 days coming up, do we risk resting him? I think with 11 games to go it is one last push, and having seen his interview on Sky last week, he wants his last shot at the big time more than anything, so Johnson will just have to monitor the big man. The result against a very good and in form Hull was massive, and it is clear the belief is in the players, and now in the crowd as well, to all those heading to The Valley on Tuesday, enjoy the game, light your candles and bounce around the ground. Always believe...

Very generous score of 7 for Sproule (5 in my opinion) By your own admission he didn't get into the game yet you marked him just one point behind our other winger Mcindoe who had a stormer.

I wish you marked my work when I was at school.

Archived